Goff or not Goff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DeaconJones

Rookie
Cheering for Goff to beat SF. I guess I would cheer for anybody to beat SF, but Goff in particular. A win by the Lions on the road would be as rare as Sasquatch riding on the back of a unicorn - as in it has never happened in my life time.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
I said this in another thread and it didn't get much noticed. But I look at this Lions team and I see an alternate universe where the Rams kept Goff, rebuilt the O-Line and retooled the offensive weapons.

When the conditions are right, Goff can light it up.
We'd be good. Not super bowl winning good however.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Where has he acted mad? I thought after the Rams game he was great in not bringing anything g up but his team. Never seen him throw any shade at the Eams or McVay

There's certain group that is going to look for every reason they can to diss Goff and make some up if they have to, while never giving him credit for anything. They will hand wave his success in Detroit away because he has a good supporting cast (as if you could put anyone behind center with that cast and get the same results). They will ignore how he's rebuilt his career and come back to thrive after going through circumstances that would have derailed most guys careers, turning them into journeymen/backups (see our own most recent backup QB). They will ignore every great play he makes but the instance he makes a bad one (and all QBs do), they will pounce and act as if that's what he always does all the time. They will ignore that he's taken a franchise that has been shit for decades, won two playoff games in two weeks and is playing deep into January.

It's not enough that he got traded away, it's not enough that we did get a better QB who was a better fit for our HC, it's not enough that we won a Super Bowl in the first year with the new QB. They've got to hang onto the Goff hate like Golem with his precious.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Goff wears #16 to honor his favorite player on his favorite team. That would be joe montana and the whiners in case anyone somehow did not know that absolute disgusting truth.

I'm 1000% NOT goff. He was dead to me the minute we shipped him off to dirty D.

After our last game... the whole state of michigan can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned. Seeing our Super Bowl winning, All-Time Great, soul snatching, True Badass NFL QB making it crystal clear that the fans of that city can kiss his fucking ass made me take notice too. I'll always stand with my Brethren In Horns. Fuck those losers.

Normally any team playing the whiners would be an automatic team for me to root for... but NOT this team.

I can honestly say that I have zero rooting interest in the NFC Championship game this year. I'll be hoping for the absolute worst for both of the teams as I watch this Sunday.

Now, I'd like to dedicate this song one more time to goff...

View: https://youtu.be/87Q042KlxI4?si=KNGkFMASa7PUu_kI

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's certain group that is going to look for every reason they can to diss Goff and make some up if they have to, while never giving him credit for anything.
Posters and media alike.
And here he is plodding along thru what has been a pretty kick ass career so far.
Only 29 years old and career wise he's #53 in passing yards & #62 in TD passes.
Avg's about 4k and 25 TD per season which in 6-7 years would put him ahead Elway in yards, and Marino in TD passes
I'm sure folks would still bring up where the sun rises or that McVay was calling in plays to him.....

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm sure folks would still bring up where the sun rises or that McVay was calling in plays to him.....

Funny thing is, now under Johnson, Goff has far more control of the offense at the line of scrimmage and he's thriving, but you never hear him get credit for that and you still hear the whole McVay was calling his plays and deserves all the credit for every good thing he did in horns.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's certain group that is going to look for every reason they can to diss Goff and make some up if they have to, while never giving him credit for anything. They will hand wave his success in Detroit away because he has a good supporting cast (as if you could put anyone behind center with that cast and get the same results). They will ignore how he's rebuilt his career and come back to thrive after going through circumstances that would have derailed most guys careers, turning them into journeymen/backups (see our own most recent backup QB). They will ignore every great play he makes but the instance he makes a bad one (and all QBs do), they will pounce and act as if that's what he always does all the time. They will ignore that he's taken a franchise that has been shit for decades, won two playoff games in two weeks and is playing deep into January.

It's not enough that he got traded away, it's not enough that we did get a better QB who was a better fit for our HC, it's not enough that we won a Super Bowl in the first year with the new QB. They've got to hang onto the Goff hate like Golem with his precious.
Agree 100%! Said the same but less eloquently thank you

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
To those that are rooting against the lions because they have one dirty player. Just think for a minute on just how many assholes and dirty players the 9ers have Can you still root for them to make it to the Super bowl?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Goff wears #16 to honor his favorite player on his favorite team. That would be joe montana and the whiners in case anyone somehow did not know that absolute disgusting truth.

I'm 1000% NOT goff. He was dead to me the minute we shipped him off to dirty D.
Yeah to me he's like any other 2nd tier QB running around this league, which is to say I am glad he's not my problem any more.

Don't hate him but there's no way in fuck I'm gonna carry a flag for the guy. I didn't do that with far better players that were moved by the Rams in the past, so there's no way in hell I'll do it with him.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I root for Goff because he's always so unfairly slagged on and underrated. I don't blame him for the refs' screw job against us.

John R

Rookie
Name
John R
I always liked him as a Ram and continue to think he’s a pretty damn good quarterback, and good guy. Beyond his ability as a player, he’s been remarkably healthy. I remember thinking that a skinny dude like that is going to be perpetually injured. On top of that, he’s always been good a quarterback sneaks to a yard. Anyway, I’ll be rooting for him in the postseason.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
I root for Goff because he's always so unfairly slagged on and underrated. I don't blame him for the refs' screw job against us.
I dont blame him for that.

I blame him for missing Cooks in the end zone in Atlanta.........and for that dogshit INT he threw. And hes not a Ram so I wont pull for him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think his turnover rate was much higher because our offense relied on more downfield plays that take longer to develop and his decision making IQ was taxed. In Detroit it's shorter quicker passes and a good run game so he is protected better.
He handled it before.

I’m not saying you are wrong but when defenses figure out an answer to an offense, not only do coaches have to adjust, but so do the players.

What changed is that teams realized that they can rattle him with pressure, it was all over for him. He would react to pressure before it even reached him.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
To those that are rooting against the lions because they have one dirty player
Stafford got tackled after he threw the ball, okay, that happens.
After that, dirty player #2 came in with an elbow smash to the head.
Dirty player #3 came in and stomped on him after that.
That's just one play.
I could add some more examples if you'd like.
Oh and the Detroit fans were cheering when he got hurt.

Ramer

Been a Ram fan too long to quit now
I don't want to think of it that way. Instead, I will IMMENSELY enjoy the pain of whoever loses this week while I will then root against the winning team in the Super Bowl. If everything goes according to plan, it would be a Lions blowout loss this week followed by a Niners heartbreaking Super Bowl loss (maximum pain)
whiners could be the Dodgers of the NFL :hiding:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm dropping this here too...

Maybe you didn't know that Goff wanted Swift... but that obviously didn't happen for him even though word got out that he tried.
images (13).jpeg

Then... he was caught perving on McSlay's girl. Not a good look I'm sure.
images (11).jpeg

Then.... he is "somehow" able to pull this one...
images (12).jpeg

images (9).jpeg

images (10).jpeg

My answer for the "somehow" is probably the same thing everybody thinks but won't say out loud. Pat Mac (ex-colt punter), I know agrees with me. LOL

Those last 2 pics confirm my suspicions for my Caveman mind. But hey, I'm just a simpleton... it's gotta be true love on her part right?

Turducken

Starter
Where has he acted mad? I thought after the Rams game he was great in not bringing anything g up but his team. Never seen him throw any shade at the Eams or McVay
He was publicly dumped by McVay. It left a mark and it still fuels Goff. He acknowledges that, but doesn't nurse the revenge angle. He and McVay have handled it with class, but I doubt they will ever be on friendly terms again.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
He was publicly dumped by McVay. It left a mark and it still fuels Goff. He acknowledges that, but doesn't nurse the revenge angle. He and McVay have handled it with class, but I doubt they will ever be on friendly terms again.

It would be a problem if such a public rebuke DIDN'T fuel him - it would show he didn't care. He wouldn't have climbed back to where he is now without that fuel, and nobody should expect anything less from a competitor.