Goff Displaying Growth, Leadership

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
So knowing that Wentz has never played a complete season as a starter, why/how could anyone say he is better than Goff? Goff started as a true freshman at Cal, played against better talent and has shown an ability to take a hit.

Wentz on the other hand had to wait his turn as he could not beat out the QB/QBs ahead of him in college. Has shown a lack of durability and a propensity to put himself in harms way knowing he has been injured every season he has been a starting QB, all 3 of them.

Goff is younger, more durable and has more starts combining college and NFL. Doesnt mean Wentz is garbage just that Goff is the more proven QB at this point in their careers.

The Rams would be going nowhere without Goff. Instead they are among a handful of Super Bowl favorites. They led the league in offense last year. Goff had 28 tds to 7 interceptions. Not too bad for a 23 year old. If that isn't enough for his critics, maybe they should root for Philly or someone else they like better.

Wentz also did very well in an offense good enough to win the Super Bowl with its backup, but his reckless playing style is a serious liability imo. Wish him the best but not trading Goff for Wentz or anyone else.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wentz had zero rushing TDs last year.

Goff had one.
He also was sacked at a higher percentage of drop backs, with supposedly a better line, and fumbled more in two less starts. Both are great but his little game that Goff sucks and Wentz is the second coming is just sad at this point.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wentz had one against the rams. And the rams made him pay for it.

He actually wasn't given a TD on the play.

upload_2018-5-28_23-51-46.png

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

My memory is hopeless.

So he limped back to the huddle and then threw a td pass the next play or so?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Biggest difference between Goff and Wentz. Wentz puts himself in harms way more often that Goff. He keeps it up his career will be much shorter than Goff's.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
off the top of my head

Rodgers
Brady
Rivers
Brees
Rothlisberger
Wilson
Cam
Ryan
Wentz
Carr

Cousins
Smith
Winston
Goff
Marriota
Dak
Taylor
Keenum
Watson (only cause he's played 7 games...he clearly belongs WAY up there /\)
Rosen (I respect his game)
Darnold (his too)
Dalton

Goff is better than at least 5 of the guys you have ahead of him. And I just know you were achin' to put Dak, MM, and Case above him too...but you also know you woulda got laughed off the forum for that one. Good show of restraint there :LOL:

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Show them....

The great Goff throws? I believe they are on the video earlier in this thread. You’ve seen them Champ.

Oh and Goffs great throws are also those images your conscience has playing on loop in your brain screaming that you are on the wrong side of history. :sneaky:

As far as your list? Carr had a horrible year. Cousins? Cam the sham? Winston is finger-lickin’ good, but I bet not one coach would take him over Goff.

Our man Goff should slide in around 7-10 on any of those lists, with an ascending arrow. With Brady, Brees and maybe even Rogers coming off injury, on the backside of their career.

Go with truth, Champ. You will have peace in your life, and be able to enjoy our future success without that stick up your azzzzz. (y)

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The way I see it, Goff is 23 years old. He's still got a few years to reach his prime. He's always improved at every level as he goes on. He's already a Pro Bowler. Top ten in most passing stats.

5th highest QB rating among QB's who started the majority of their team's games.

Tied for 5th in TD's with 28.

Tied for 3rd in lowest INT's with QB's who had over 300 attempts.

9th in passing yards per game.

2nd in YPA with QB's who had over 300 attempts.

Sky's the limit for this kid. In an offense devised by one of the best offensive minds in the business. Then there is the matter of his supporting cast. How many teams have 3 WR's and a RB the caliber of the Rams? Not many I'd surmise. Of course, none of that would be any good without a top 5 line returning intact.

At the rate he's always progressed in his whole career including college, imagine how good he can be in 3 or 4 years when he hits his prime physically and mentally? What's not to like unless you're a fan of his division rivals?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The great Goff throws? I believe they are on the video earlier in this thread. You’ve seen them Champ.
Here....go back...see the quote you wrote...which was....their were some DROPS in the game...the ATL Game....specifically...Watkins...SAMMY WATKINS dropped some throws...in that game...I say Sammy's were contested or tough catches...not considered "drops"....
I did see a couple drops...all by themselves in that game....some on 3rd down....some in the endzone....
and I remember who did it....
As far as your list? Carr had a horrible year. Cousins? Cam the sham? Winston is finger-lickin’ good, but I bet not one coach would take him over Goff.
Carr....his year was not what he wanted....but he did one thing (see below)
Cousins....what's wrong with him?
Cam....beat NE....on the road....played a pretty good playoff game...
Winston...I was thinking Blake Bortles....or the injured Tannehill....but Jameis again did one thing

Winston and Carr will drive their teams down the field...at the END of the game...and throw TD passes...competitors...

again...that's MY list...you don't like it....hey that's on you

QB's 11 and down...no difference atm...imo....
Go with truth, Champ. You will have peace in your life, and be able to enjoy our future success without that stick up your azzzzz. (y)
I do...which is why I'm in here to expose liars like yourself....
Show the drops against Atl for Sammy...show me you aren't the liar I believe you to be...

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I do...which is why I'm in here to expose liars like yourself....
Show the drops against Atl for Sammy...show me you aren't the liar I believe you to be...
Liar? Ouch. Champ, I love you like a brother, but now it seems your just playing. I do think Sammy could have caught that end zone shot. (Though he was hacked- P.I.?)

Unfortunately, Gurley dropped 3-4 balls in the Atlanta game, uncharacteristically. Of course Higbee, and I believe Kupp dropped one.

I am not a videographer, Champ. At least 2 of the drops are on that highlight video-even if you don’t count Sammy. You can not deny the plays.

The evidence for growth in Goff will be this year. And yes, guys will eventually hang onto his game winning throws, so you can check that box, and change your narrative. (y)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Goff is better than at least 5 of the guys you have ahead of him. And I just know you were achin' to put Dak, MM, and Case above him too...but you also know you woulda got laughed off the forum for that one. Good show of restraint there :LOL:
My top 10 is only listed...in terms of rank....for the top 2.....3 thru 10 I didn't put them exactly where I wanted...just off the top of my head...
Not sure that Dak isn't ahead of Goff....they both seem about the same....MM....not even as talented (arm) as Goff...is ahead of him...something about that guy....he wins...
Case....kinda similar...wins...not really arm talented...but he wins...

In fact....didn't he beat Goff head to head? Out played him in same offense with same weapons....How's he not "better"?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Wentz had zero rushing TDs last year.

He also was sacked at a higher percentage of drop backs, with supposedly a better line, and fumbled more in two less starts. Both are great but his little game that Goff sucks and Wentz is the second coming is just sad at this point.
Goff is ok...sucks is a strong word....
Trust me....I'll let you know if he sucks...
Wentz was in the running for MVP....I guess I made that up?
It's sad...really that although you hate my comments...you hate my dialog....but you follow my posts from thread to thread with lil snippets of bullshit...
He "scored" on the play....whether he was given a td or not isn't the actual point...he did what many game QB's do...he put his head down and scored a td...I've seen Terry Bradshaw play this way...Roger Staubach....Russell Wilson...Cam Newton....Brady....Watson....Rogers...Rivers...Rothlisberger....

This narrative that he's a running QB is wrong too....he does run....but he's not a Cam...he's not a Tyrod...he's not even a runner like Wilson....but I wouldn't mind...football is dangerous...takes a soldier to play it...take risks...

He actually wasn't given a TD on the play.
yada yada....
what...you mad cause he was in the running for MVP? You mad cause he looks better?

You should be mad that the guy you keep defending looked like shit vs Atl...which is truly surprising on a Rams board...you guys can't wait to bash guys....I'm not bashing him...he looked like shit...and seemed to get away from a system that works (distribute the ball to multiple targets)...

Sorry.....you guys remind me of the guys that were happy we got rid of Kurt...and Mark Bulger was "better"...
No, it wasn't a TD, I believe there was a penalty or something.
exactly....he did "score" but it wasn't allowed because of a hold....good and accurate call..
finally
a believer in the truth...
Biggest difference between Goff and Wentz. Wentz puts himself in harms way more often that Goff.
Football is 100% injury risk...everyone that plays...will be injured at some time or another....some will get injured running around...by themselves....some by contact...
I'm not worried about guys getting injured by contact...

Dudes that just snap while walking around...all by themselves...I do feel are potential injury risks...

I'm not worried about Carson...I'm not worried about Rodgers....I wouldn't be "expecting" running QB's to get injured...they said Big Ben was an injury risk....and the guy survived a impact with a car while on a motorcycle...with no helmet...Injury risk my ass.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My top 10 is only listed...in terms of rank....for the top 2.....3 thru 10 I didn't put them exactly where I wanted...just off the top of my head...
Not sure that Dak isn't ahead of Goff....they both seem about the same....MM....not even as talented (arm) as Goff...is ahead of him...something about that guy....he wins...
Case....kinda similar...wins...not really arm talented...but he wins...

In fact....didn't he beat Goff head to head? Out played him in same offense with same weapons....How's he not "better"?
Wrong yet again with the facts in the Titans game. Goff had the same number of completions with one less attempt 25 more yards and 4 TD to MM having 0. MM also threw a pick which Goff didn’t and most importantly Goff won. But let’s not let facts get in the way, it certainly doesnt with QBR, as Goff was 10 points lower in spite of much better numbers.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff is ok...sucks is a strong word....
Trust me....I'll let you know if he sucks...
Wentz was in the running for MVP....I guess I made that up?
It's sad...really that although you hate my comments...you hate my dialog....but you follow my posts from thread to thread with lil snippets of bullcrap...
He "scored" on the play....whether he was given a td or not isn't the actual point...he did what many game QB's do...he put his head down and scored a td...I've seen Terry Bradshaw play this way...Roger Staubach....Russell Wilson...Cam Newton....Brady....Watson....Rogers...Rivers...Rothlisberger....

This narrative that he's a running QB is wrong too....he does run....but he's not a Cam...he's not a Tyrod...he's not even a runner like Wilson....but I wouldn't mind...football is dangerous...takes a soldier to play it...take risks...

yada yada....
what...you mad cause he was in the running for MVP? You mad cause he looks better?

You should be mad that the guy you keep defending looked like crap vs Atl...which is truly surprising on a Rams board...you guys can't wait to bash guys....I'm not bashing him...he looked like crap...and seemed to get away from a system that works (distribute the ball to multiple targets)...

Sorry.....you guys remind me of the guys that were happy we got rid of Kurt...and Mark Bulger was "better"...

exactly....he did "score" but it wasn't allowed because of a hold....good and accurate call..
finally
a believer in the truth...

Football is 100% injury risk...everyone that plays...will be injured at some time or another....some will get injured running around...by themselves....some by contact...
I'm not worried about guys getting injured by contact...

Dudes that just snap while walking around...all by themselves...I do feel are potential injury risks...

I'm not worried about Carson...I'm not worried about Rodgers....I wouldn't be "expecting" running QB's to get injured...they said Big Ben was an injury risk....and the guy survived a impact with a car while on a motorcycle...with no helmet...Injury risk my ass.
So you move goal posts, make up stats and hold Goff to a different standard than other QBs yet I’m the one spewing crap? Hahahayou got it stud.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
He "scored" on the play....whether he was given a td or not isn't the actual point...he did what many game QB's do...he put his head down and scored a td..

As @OldSchool has stated. You move the goal posts, to suit your agenda. It's like a bit of self-hatred. "I love the Rams, but I hate the players!" - Champ. (n)

How pathetic. You want to give Wentz credit for a touchdown, but you won't give Goff credit for his great touchdown throws to Higbee, and Watkins, or Kupp against the Seagals. "There is no one so blind, as he who will not see."

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-

If you really need this explained to you, you are not the football fan I thought you were. Next...