Goff Displaying Growth, Leadership

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think ill just keep on saying this till, well whenever...

Wentz has had significant injury issues 3 years in a row, lol, the only 3 years he’s actually seen a playing field since high school

Goff? with, way, way, WAY more starts under his belt the past 6 years, cuz he actually didnt have to wait until his 5th year in college ... None at all

Champ has never responded to that cuz, well, he can’t

Drops mic

Just the facts boys, just the facts
YOUSONOFA.....~LACHAMP46

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Again spin it however you want, and we all know you move the goal posts for guys you like, but he was a worse player in the playoffs than the regular season. He completed a lower percentage of passes, threw touchdowns at a lower rate and interceptions at a higher rate. He had a lower yards per attempt and his completions went for fewer yards. You harp on Goff for not carrying his team in the playoffs his first season as a starter and his first post season game but make excuses for others.
Speaking on one game....you said his first....and I did look at it...it wasn't great...it wasn't terrible...and he was a rookie...and it was a different league then...not a passing league...I'd love to see Dan play in 2018...His first playoff game I listed it....
It wasn't Goff's first season as a starter...it was his second...

You criticize Goff because the last image of him you have is us losing to Atlanta yet what's the last image we have of Wentz who you drool over? Oh yeah...
Again...look at stats...
he was eating us alive...
Not me, I've got enough silliness in my life as it is
Yeah, I've been to Sacramento too...
@LACHAMP46 I really would like to see your top 20 QBs in the game right now. Even if @Badfinger has a "different opinion" lol.
And its only because I am intrigued by your point of view.
You said you have maybe 10? Then the rest are the same?
Just curious.
off the top of my head

Rodgers
Brady
Rivers
Brees
Rothlisberger
Wilson
Cam
Ryan
Wentz
Carr

Cousins
Smith
Winston
Goff
Marriota
Dak
Taylor
Keenum
Watson (only cause he's played 7 games...he clearly belongs WAY up there /\)
Rosen (I respect his game)
Darnold (his too)
Dalton

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hey Champ
I miss Bolsa area - i see you are in the grove
Have you been to SeaFood Cove?
Fried crab is mindblowing
It's off westminster
I think I've seen it ...need to look it up...still kinda new to the OC...I'ma LA guy...they call this side, "West Grove"...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
FWIW's I wanted Carson Wentz because I always believe when one player is bigger, stronger and faster plus just as smart or smarter, you draft that player and that player still IMHO is Wentz. Now at first I truly felt Goff was a bust, but Jeff Fisher is a killer of QB's and you only have to look at Foles, Keenum & Goff for exhibit A, B & C!

The Los Angeles Rams hit a home run in the hiring of Sean McVay and in fact, in a recent interview with Dan Orlovsky, who was with the Rams for several weeks, he actually told Goff how lucky he was to have McVay and last season the growth of Goff and his relationship with McVay was amazing. Now OC Mat LaFleur is in Nashville and QB Coach Greg Olson is in Oakland so there will be some adjustments with new QB Coach Zach Taylor and Passing Game Coordinator Shane Waldron, however, Goff is showcasing the growth you would want in leadership and the playbook plus Goff is always thinking football.

Moving forward Goff & Wentz will always be compared and even Mike Martz said when he worked out both players, the problem Goff had was, he was not Wentz, however, Wentz's Kryptonite is his durability and Orlovsky also stated in that interview that one of Goff's greatest strength is nothing fazes him. Orlovsky said, he would make a bad play and just shake it off and get ready for the next play, which would be an amazing play and Goff was just as calm & cool. A great asset for a Quarterback and IMO, a Montanaesque quality.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Again...look at stats...
he was eating us alive...

Again with the moving the goal posts :D You're amazing at it, make an argument then when the Titanic size hole is punched in it move the argument. Rinse and repeat. You went from having some great discussions and theories to people reading your posts instead of the Sunday comics :D

calvin-hobbes-stamp.png

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Pretty sure Went's stats and success will fall back to earth this year as Ds can lock in on a more one-dimensional QB. He won't be thinking he's a RB this year.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Again with the moving the goal posts
You stated to remember the lasting image.
You criticize Goff because the last image of him you have is us losing to Atlanta yet what's the last image we have of Wentz who you drool over? Oh yeah...
...oh...you didn't mean the GAME...you meant the play...when he ran into the endzone...with, what some claim now, with a torn ACL...and scored a TD???

I get it bruh....any comment I make, those panties bunch up tighter and tighter...and you wanna say something...

make an argument then when the Titanic size hole is punched in it move the argument.
you brought up Wentz...again...yall bring up Wentz....cause you wanna see my comments on the player...I get it...I'll give you my opinions on him too...and I guess we shouldn't compare them...cause he's like an 8th grader and Goff is in elementary....

Drool over...no...but I can see a transcendent talent...guess who else appears transcendent??? Watson...

Goff looks like Dalton...sorry...but from the reactions of most, I should be happy with Andy Dalton...but I'm not.

To get back ON TOPIC....we were discussing growth...

To grow...imo...dude needs to win a game where we are behind late...beat a good team on the road AND at home...

I'm so glad it's his 3rd year....he's 23...or whatever....so the silly excuses about age and experience can cease...and we can grade him on his play....with a good coach....a decent line....weapons (yall like Kupp, cool....I like Cooks and Woods....neither as much as Watkins, so we're clear)...

The only fly in the ointment is the new OC...new QB coach...but with McVay here, that shouldn't be a problem.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Goff looks like Dalton...sorry...but from the reactions of most, I should be happy with Andy Dalton...but I'm not.

Sorry Amigo but Goff has more throwing talent in his left pinky toenail that Andy Dalton possesses...you had a chance to actually be right on personnel, a chance to recover from your dubious assessments on Quick and GRob, and here you are whiffing...again

My oh my

I find it ironic that you gravitate towards strong athletic type young QBs yet, aren’t your exhibits A (Wentz) and B (Watson) both coming off major knee surgeries, one, on a flyweight hit, in fact was Watson even hit?

Sorta shoots a hole or two in you narrative of the big strong QB

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
off the top of my head
Rodgers
Brady
Rivers
Brees
Rothlisberger
Wilson
Cam
Ryan
Wentz
Carr

Cousins
Smith
Winston
Goff
Marriota
Dak
Taylor
Keenum
Watson (only cause he's played 7 games...he clearly belongs WAY up there /\)
Rosen (I respect his game)
Darnold (his too)
Dalton

I agree with a lot of that but... I think Goff was better than the credit given him by a slowly back pedaling media last season.
I think he performed at a higher level than Winston or Smith ever have, I like his game more than Carr too.
At a very comparable level to Cousins and Ryan.

So what you end up with is the top guys are all over 30 with a ton of experience.

So your list kind of confirms my position that Goff appears ready to quickly move up that list as guys exit the league.
Wentz is the only one of his contemporaries who I believe is possibly more talented... but until he finishes a season, he isnt a better option for long term answer at QB.

Guys like Newton can make a lot happen when a defense doesnt contain him as a runner, but I dont believe for a second that he could execute McVays system as well as Goff did last year.

Our guy might not scramble and make plays with his feet, but he can put the ball on the spot in the hands of a moving reciever 20+ yds downfield and he does it regularly.
His ypa is no joke and that is IMO among the biggest reasons for our consistency and efficiency on O last season.

The biggest thing is that was his first YEAR starting, 1st season in this offense, and most likely only going to get better over the next decade, The top guys right now, will only get worse and retire.
Thats why Goff is a top 5-10 QB going forward. His TD/INT % in an aggressive, non dink-n-dunk offense, his YPA and Quarterbacking the leagues best offense in 2017 ???

Man, I don't care what metric people use, thats really fucking good for ANY young QB.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think he performed at a higher level than Winston or Smith ever have, I like his game more than Carr too.
Winston...maybe....

but you'd have to look far and wide to find guys that believe he's in Carr's class.....And Alex Smith was playing really well last year....solid for many seasons too...

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Winston...maybe....

but you'd have to look far and wide to find guys that believe he's in Carr's class.....And Alex Smith was playing really well last year....solid for many seasons too...

I dont have to look far and wide to find guys who think he is in Carrs class.... just have to talk to guys who actually watched him play last season without any bias.

And Alex Smith is a master of the dink n dunk west coast offense. I think Goff completed more passes over 20 yards last year than any 2 of Smiths seasons.
Smith is also firmly in that range of having about 10 more years of NFL experience than Goff.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I dont have to look far and wide to find guys who think he is in Carrs class.... just have to talk to guys who actually watched him play last season without any bias.
You watched Carr play...and consider it....bad? Ok...
No bias...here....I've seen Carr do things...LAST YEAR...that ours has never done...

And Alex Smith is a master of the dink n dunk west coast offense. I think Goff completed more passes over 20 yards last year than any 2 of Smiths seasons.
Smith is also firmly in that range of having about 10 more years of NFL experience than Goff.
He was...but last year...Smith opened it up....and had a really good season....Smith...LAST year, was better than Goff...he was better than a bunch of QB's....maybe due to his....prior years...he was traded...may believe he "maxed" out.

If you think a player is better cause he played longer....while it should be TRUE...isn't....

Deshaun Watson was one of the best QB's I've seen in some time....

so was

Wentz

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No bias...here....I've seen Carr do things...LAST YEAR...that ours has never done...

Yup Goff never did this

Common opponents last year? Goff was 2-2 vs the NFCE while Carr was 1-3. Carr had two amazing games as well earning an amazing 2.1 QBR (your preferred stat I read) vs Philly and a 3.5 vs the Redskins. Two numbers Jared never even came close to matching. Carr had 5 TD and 4 INT (over half Jareds total for the season) in those 4 games he also amassed 5 multi INT games and had half as many multi TD games. But yeah Carr looked much better than Jared this year :D

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You watched Carr play...and consider it....bad? Ok...

He was...but last year...Smith opened it up....and had a really good season....Smith...LAST year, was better than Goff...he was better than a bunch of QB's....maybe due to his....prior years...he was traded...may believe he "maxed" out.

If you think a player is better cause he played longer....while it should be TRUE...isn't....

Deshaun Watson was one of the best QB's I've seen in some time....

so was

Wentz

I didnt say I consider Carr bad!!!

Wait... you think I think Carr is bad because I think Goff is in his class??

I think Goff is awesome. If I think Carr is in his class.... you can deduce how good I think Carr is.
Lets not swing on his nuts too much though... what exactly did Davids brother do that you havent seen Goff do? Throw 3 dropped TDs in a playoff game?

Yeah, Derek plays like a talented young QB with a little more NFL experience and a lot more pro style Offense experience.
The AFC is mostly garbage. Why couldnt Carr pull his trailer of a team last year?

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
So knowing that Wentz has never played a complete season as a starter, why/how could anyone say he is better than Goff? Goff started as a true freshman at Cal, played against better talent and has shown an ability to take a hit.

Wentz on the other hand had to wait his turn as he could not beat out the QB/QBs ahead of him in college. Has shown a lack of durability and a propensity to put himself in harms way knowing he has been injured every season he has been a starting QB, all 3 of them.

Goff is younger, more durable and has more starts combining college and NFL. Doesnt mean Wentz is garbage just that Goff is the more proven QB at this point in their careers.