Celebration Thread - Rams WHOOP Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
After seeing the Cards play the Niners tougher than the Rams did, I was worried that they would defeat the Rams. So did the Cards come back to earth?. Did the Rams figure out how to exploit weaknesses? Or is this Rams team clawing its way back to respectability? Tune in next week and the week after that, and maybe we will have our answer. Right now I'll take the win but will also be scratching my head about what I saw from this team these last two weeks.
The Cardinals had the worst pass defense going into the game, and I don't think that statistically got any better after this game. The Rams were able to shred their secondary whereas the 49ers really don't have the same air attack the Rams do.

It isn't close. Garapollo is improving from his rough start, but he is nowhere near Goff's level. Plus, our receivers really are that good, and Higbee played very well, which is scary when you think about how well Everett was playing. I know that Mundt dropped that pass, but I think he'll continue to improve and provide solid depth.

Also, the offensive line continues to improve, and more importantly I think they are finally going in the right direction for what they are trying to do. Even with the holds, Edwards was getting it done. I've no doubt he'll be coached up and playing at a higher level next season.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
How about that bad ass lead block by Goff!!!!
Gurley saw that the play wasn't going to work as designed and just headed back for open field, and as soon as Goff saw that he just lurched into gear and threw an excellent block for him. I must have hit replay on that 6 times last night :)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jared Goff is a dog, bro...That block was sick! He didn't hesitate at all and got in front of somebody for Woods, loved it!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Cards had 2 weeks to prepare. Rams came off a short week following a beatdown.

Nuff said.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
giphy.webp

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Sitting here listening to the local AZ sports guys...they're now talking about why the Cards need to get rid of Keim and get a new GM.

:LOL:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Does Havenstein get his job back? Go RAMS
When ?......this next game or next season?

McVay will need a OT to start on the opposite side in TC\Preseason & early regular 2020 season. Have any thoughts on that?

I know Havenstein's BIG weakness is smaller quick edge rushers who usually work over the LT's. OT Bobby Evans did play LT last season in college, Havenstein has never played LT.

I should mention here that UDFA Rookie OL'er Chandler Brewer played most of the 4th quarter @ LT in place of Andrew Whitworth. He played very well @ that post.

Guess we know who has been getting reps in practice in place of Whitworth now...Brewer.
Evans gave up one sack on a bad play but was very solid outside of that.
Edwards got dinged for a false start and three holds. At least one hold call was bad.
Blythe again better at Center.
Corbett has some struggles pass blocking today. He has short arms and at times he seems to have a hard time locking onto guys and giving up an angle to pass rushers. He did some solid work run blocking however.
Whitworth was very solid.
I’m not making any changes in this OL the rest of the year.
Agree I would keep this current starting OL from this point on for the rest of 2019 season.

Havenstein has preformed poorly all season long. Booting future starting OL'er Bobby Evans to the bench does nothing to move this OL forward into the future. Havenstein's long term future with his team may now be in doubt after his :poop: this season. I would collect the 2019 season RT evidence between Evans vs Havenstein for determination on the future starting RT for 2020 & beyond.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Five pages in a celebration thread but vent threads are locked at like 15 pages? What is the site AFTV? That’s Arsenal fan tv for those that don’t know.

RamWoodie

Legend
What I liked was Gurley got going and ran hard...and most of all the. use of the short pass game. Higbee was beastly too@

Q729

Legend
I think it would be fun to see a replay of the game with a live scroll of the GDT synced up off to the side like those YouTube live streams do.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Nice win. I was a little worried given how tough AZ had played SF this season, but the Rams looked like they did last year. Nice bounce back.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Sitting here listening to the local AZ sports guys...they're now talking about why the Cards need to get rid of Keim and get a new GM.

:LOL:

nooooo!
They need to keep the whole group!
Please don’t fire Kingsbury and please let the Rams throw their midget around a while longer.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
When ?......this next game or next season?

McVay will need a OT to start on the opposite side in TC\Preseason & early regular 2020 season. Have any thoughts on that?

I know Havenstein's BIG weakness is smaller quick edge rushers who usually work over the LT's. OT Bobby Evans did play LT last season in college, Havenstein has never played LT.

I should mention here that UDFA Rookie OL'er Chandler Brewer played most of the 4th quarter @ LT in place of Andrew Whitworth. He played very well @ that post.

Guess we know who has been getting reps in practice in place of Whitworth now...Brewer.
Agree I would keep this current starting OL from this point on for the rest of 2019 season.

Havenstein has preformed poorly all season long. Booting future starting OL'er Bobby Evans to the bench does nothing to move this OL forward into the future. Havenstein's long term future with his team may now be in doubt after his :poop: this season. I would collect the 2019 season RT evidence between Evans vs Havenstein for determination on the future starting RT for 2020 & beyond.

Competition is good!

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Gotta be happy for Rapp.

Has his first NFL interception nullified, then grabs a pick-six for his first official one.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This has been a strange week. There were many upsets. The Panthers, Patriots, and Jets lose to inferior teams. Then this Cardinals team looks nothing like the one that played the Niners tough. I was worried about the Cards after watching that game, and knowing the Rams were facing another running QB, I was extra worried. But the Cards looked bad and the Rams looked good.
Sometimes one team actually makes the other team look bad. Of course as fans we usually see things one sided in that, but last week our team didn't just play poorly they get beat the F down by the Ravens. This week the Cards didn't just look bad they got beat the F down by the Rams.

It's the same thing with the play calls. Fans go ape$hit about how bad a call is when a lot of times it's a combination of the players winning/losing their matchups. Most play calls executed correctly will be "great calls." Bad calls, which are out there in every game, are the ones where the defense anticipates what we're going to do. Like every defense knowing we're going to screen it on third and forever plays since our OL won't hold up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gotta be happy for Rapp.

Has his first NFL interception nullified, then grabs a pick-six for his first official one.
Don't forget the dropped pick six. Kid should have had two of them.

Rapp is going to be a star in this league. And when that happens we are going to have 3x players that are elite at their positions on defense alone (Donald, Ramsey, and Rapp). Our roster is still loaded we just need to sort the offensive line and find a good DL to replace Brock.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I listened to this game on 710 am radio while i was on the road for 3 hours

It threw me back to when I was a kid listening to Jack Snow on those games when my dad would go to Anaheim Stadium with his poker buddies

GO RAMS!!!