CBA deal progressing

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This is the greatest pizza! Pineapple with some kind of cured meat... GENIUS! Delicious! BRILLIANT!!!
nonfeatured-hawaiian-pizza-origins.jpg

Anyone who partakes in this above should be shot on sight.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RISQc8mptK4

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
The NFL gets a couple of games on free to air tv. 5 games per week on espn on pay tv. The majority don't know anything about it and only think about it when the news shows a 30 second highlight of the superbowl game.

All the kids here love the nba for some reason. All of them have basketball jerseys. Don't know if it's a rap thing or something else. I certainly can't see the appeal in it.

There are local comps but not a great deal of participation. I don't think the nfl can ever break the market here as it is too stop start for the local's liking and way too many stoppages for commercials.

KF is quite right. There are, as in other countries where the sport would be considered a 'minor' sport, sections of diehard fans who are avid watchers of the NFL but it is not mainstream. The SB is a bug deal and most pubs have functions for it. My son and I travelled to LA last year for our 1st Rams game. Now, he and his mate have tickets for the SB this year and are off in a couple of weeks for that adventure (Don't ask about the tension in our house when the discussion turns to why he is going and I'm not!! :ROFLMAO:)

I'd love to see an international game come to Australia and I'm sure it would be well supported but it wouldn't lead to an upswing in local comps or kids looking to get involved.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I like this quite a bit, but instead of enlarging the 53 man regular roster, would still desire to expand the Practice Squad somewhat, maybe to 15. Perhaps pay a little more protection money to 5 of them and make them off-limits to outside poaching teams. In effect, you would have an 'A' and 'B' Practice Squad unit.
jmo.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Anyone who partakes in this above should be shot on sight.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RISQc8mptK4

Well, if you're talking about an actual NY pizza... foldable, greasy and with that chewy crust... then yeah...plain cheese all day long, my friend.

But whenever I get a Sicilian or a Deep Dish Pizza (or as Jon Stewart calls it, a friggin' casserole, iirc, among other choice phrases), I actually do like to do it Hawaiian. And yes, i know it's not actually Hawaiian, cuz if it were, it'd be Pineapple and Spam, not Canadian Bacon or ham.

My ultimate is a pineapple, sausage, mushroom with plenty of marinara and a bit of diced tomatoes.

But I ate everything when I ate pizza everyday for nearly a year, so...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Good Points, but as people grow older IMO, they grow away from Soccer. Good example my nephew played Soccer when he was younger, however, now is into football as are many of his friends in college and he's 20. I have been to that campus several times (UNC) and never herd of or been to a Soccer party. Now I know that is just one example, but again, the 12-24 demographic does not necessarily indicate a growth.

Overall I'm not shocked over the growth in basketball, but presently the NFL Draft has more viewers then NBA Playoffs and I'm not factoring in Soccer....Egad, Soccer or watching paint dry, which is more exciting?

I don't know about people losing interest later in life. Not sure there is any evidence yet since it's just caught fire in the last 10-15 years and keeps increasing in popularity.

All the kids here love the nba for some reason. All of them have basketball jerseys. Don't know if it's a rap thing or something else. I certainly can't see the appeal in it.

@kurtfaulk it's because it is a fast paced exciting game. It's has nothing to do with rap.

The NBA is no longer the mess it was in the 80's and 90"s as far as pace of play and shitty fouls trying to hurt other players and 78-72 scores in games. And as far as TV watching it offers the best experience of the 4 major sports.

And it's not just kids that love the sport. It's become more popular with loads of people in all demographics. Go watch a few pro games live and on TV. You'll see what I mean.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well, if you're talking about an actual NY pizza... foldable, greasy and with that chewy crust... then yeah...plain cheese all day long, my friend.

But whenever I get a Sicilian or a Deep Dish Pizza (or as Jon Stewart calls it, a friggin' casserole, iirc, among other choice phrases), I actually do like to do it Hawaiian. And yes, i know it's not actually Hawaiian, cuz if it were, it'd be Pineapple and Spam, not Canadian Bacon or ham.

My ultimate is a pineapple, sausage, mushroom with plenty of marinara and a bit of diced tomatoes.

There could be an entire thread about Philly pizza versus NY pizza.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Being Italian that's blasphemous, however, when I was in Chicago (my least favorite city) I had Chicago Style meat lovers and ate it with a knife & fork and felt pretty good about it....But I will never partake in a broccoli or pineapple pizza and I once attended a party where they had those selections along with Buffalo Wing Pizza and I ordered several cheese only and had them delivered at my expense and guess which pizza's where gone first?

They were colleagues of my wife and I could see the dagger in her eyes when I did it, but when everyone came up to me and thanked me for saving the party, she just shook her head in disdain.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And it's not just kids that love the sport. It's become more popular with loads of people in all demographics. Go watch a few pro games live and on TV. You'll see what I mean.

And again the NFL Draft gets higher ratings then the NBA during post season...So while I do believe the youth enjoys the NBA, I believe they enjoy the NFL because of Fantasy, they are are playing and betting on it and it's only going to increase.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
And again the NFL Draft gets higher ratings then the NBA during post season...So while I do believe the youth enjoys the NBA, I believe they enjoy the NFL because of Fantasy, they are are playing and betting on it and it's only going to increase.

The NBA will probably be the top sport for a long time.

But that doesn't forever.

There was a time when baseball was number 1 by a mile, the NBA wasn't even on TV except tape delay, and nobody in the USA knew what soccer was.

Point is............

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The NBA will probably be the top sport for a long time.

But that doesn't forever.

There was a time when baseball was number 1 by a mile, the NBA wasn't even on TV except tape delay, and nobody in the USA knew what soccer was.

Point is............

Well, that was in 1979-80 season and so it's taken 40 years for the NBA to overtake Baseball, so for Soccer to overtake the NFL in the U.S., might take a little longer....Anyway gotta love 0-0 draws.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Latest on CBA Talks

The NFL’s collective bargaining agreement expires in March 2021, which means that a labor stoppage could be on the horizon. The owners and players have been talking for months about a new deal and the latest update brings reason for optimism.

In an NFLPA memo to players, union leader DeMaurice Smithreported that the two sides have struck tentative agreement on the players’ guaranteed portion of revenues, increases in minimum salaries, changes to the offseason, and a reduction in training-camp contact. The owners have also tipped that they’ll agree to “significant modifications” in the league’s drug and disciplinary policies, according to Smith (Twitter link via Mark Maske of The Washington Post).

Of course, in order to get all of that, the union will have to make concessions. Smith confirmed that the talks have been proceeding based on a potential 17-game season with expanded playoffs. To help offset the extra game(s), the two sides are mulling a reduced preseason.

Everything sounds like it’s trending in the right direction for a new CBA, but nothing is final until everything is signed, and we’re likely a long way from that. There’s also this to consider – Russell Okung, who is open to a stoppage and strongly opposed to a 17-game season, is expected to challenge Eric Winston for the union president position.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
You will go to Mexico City for Week 17, spend your money, AND LIKE IT!
LWEYH2c.gif
While I appreciate the humor.... having lost $$ in 2018 on the Mex City debacle I'm not laughing.... :LOL: , well...maybe a lil.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
17 game season? How do they figure "home and away"? Only thing I can think of is playing an extra game in a neutral site.

"Reduction in TC contact". WTF, they hardly make contact as it is. Get ready to see more wiffed tackles.

Teams are going to see a big jump in cap space.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

Latest on CBA Talks

The NFL’s collective bargaining agreement expires in March 2021, which means that a labor stoppage could be on the horizon. The owners and players have been talking for months about a new deal and the latest update brings reason for optimism.

In an NFLPA memo to players, union leader DeMaurice Smithreported that the two sides have struck tentative agreement on the players’ guaranteed portion of revenues, increases in minimum salaries, changes to the offseason, and a reduction in training-camp contact. The owners have also tipped that they’ll agree to “significant modifications” in the league’s drug and disciplinary policies, according to Smith (Twitter link via Mark Maske of The Washington Post).

Of course, in order to get all of that, the union will have to make concessions. Smith confirmed that the talks have been proceeding based on a potential 17-game season with expanded playoffs. To help offset the extra game(s), the two sides are mulling a reduced preseason.

Everything sounds like it’s trending in the right direction for a new CBA, but nothing is final until everything is signed, and we’re likely a long way from that. There’s also this to consider – Russell Okung, who is open to a stoppage and strongly opposed to a 17-game season, is expected to challenge Eric Winston for the union president position.
I'm all for a 17 game season, but I dont like the idea of expanding the playoffs.
To me, that would ruin the game.
The reason the NFL is so great, is because of the battle to win your division or risk going home.
Watering down the regular season, is all playoff expansion will result in. Turning the NFL into the boring shitshow that is now the NBA.
Players not playing all out.
Players sitting out games with questionable injuries.
Teams clinching playoff spots to early in the season.
All junk

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Latest on CBA Talks

They need to add an extra bye week, not just reduce the preseason.