Blockbuster Deal in the Making?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Agreed I knew I was going to be biased lol so you think what then a 3rd plus a 5th?
Maybe but I think the Raiders can get a 2nd from a team that's looking to win a Super Bowl right now.

The Broncos got a 2nd and 3rd for Von Miller, and he was a pending free agent. Although the 3rd was a reflection of Denver taking-on more of Miller's 2021 cap hit.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The Athletic suggests Atwell and a 4th could be a viable option for Adams.

Man, that seems light ... especially when you consider Atwell is a pending free agent.

Also, the Rams would need to create cap space just to afford Adams' remaining 2024 salary.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The only thing I would consider trading for would be a good young CB or LT. Players that could be here for the next 4 yrs or more.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Athletic suggests Atwell and a 4th could be a viable option for Adams.
I can't stand Adams. But I would rather have him than Tutu. Tutu can't carry his jockstrap in terms of what he can do on the field.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
The only thing I would consider trading for would be a good young CB or LT. Players that could be here for the next 4 yrs or more.
If it's a big-time splash trade, it would be CB and possibly LT for me, too. But I would consider a smaller trade for a good NT given that I doubt they trade for a LB.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OTC shows a post June trade this year,
I get that, and so does Sportrac. But that doesnt answer my question. A post June cut/trade allows for the dead cap to be spread out, but I believe the rules change once the season officially begins. (Like the veteran guaranteed salary) During the season I dont believe the dead cap is spread out but its difficult to find that info

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Adams is the last thing this team needs.
We need some decent CB's on the other side of the ball.
I would not go as far as saying he is the last thing we need. Had we converted some of those redzone visits, we could be .500 or above IMO. One thing that can fix a bad defense, a very good offense.

I'm not advocating trading for him necessarily, but, if the asking price was Tutu and a 4th, I'd certainly have interest. I am of the feeling the with Witherspoon and Darius Williams out there, our CB is immediately improved.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
That's why I suggested Surtain loke Jalen type trade for that next step to help out these rushers who are pressuring just fine but @dieterbrock corrected me said Surtain signed so that's out but there has to be someone like that that is available or will shake free. Definitely agree though with you.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
That's why I suggested Surtain loke Jalen type trade for that next step to help out these rushers who are pressuring just fine but @dieterbrock corrected me said Surtain signed so that's out but there has to be someone like that that is available or will shake free. Definitely agree though with you.
Do not think its currently in our best interest to make a trade like that. Our #1 CB hasn't played a snap this year. Not to mention, if we keep losing, we can draft out own stud CB, as this is a real nice CB draft at the top (Hunter, W.Johnson, etc.) Giving away 2 1sts seems like a terrible idea at the moment.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Giving away 2 1sts seems like a terrible idea at the moment.
I will rage if they deal that 1st rounder at the deadline. Look how much promise we have now with Verse added to the defense. We need more bluechip players. Those are way easier to find at the top.

And we also need a LT. Which are also best found at the top.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Food for thought on all the trade talk, the deadline was pushed back to after week 9 this season, giving an extra week.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Heard one Faider idiot say they were trading Adams to SF for Aiyuk and a 1st

dS9naXBoeS5naWY.gif