49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Of course the 9ers will lead league in rushing.
Where will the rank in total O, not very high I suspect.

• Good RBs and Oline.
  • Best plays by QB in training camp are runs. QB not expected to be good as a passer
  • Best wideout has more rushing TDs than catching TDs.
Not much to worry about you imo.
I think the point is that this tweet is mocking the 9ers passing offense.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
both grabmypole and trey#2 are lower than whale shit and it is at the bottom of the ocean

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1659386450005.png

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Don’t they have three new starters on the interior of the Oline?

Maybe he says that because he thinks Lance can’t pass.
He's been shitting all over the offense. Had a tweet a few days back that nothing was working. Being that big a Shitter troll makes me like him. :laugh3:

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Not sure how accurate this is but didn't he want to not run the ball?

Is it normal to have to motivate players through the contract like this (and like Kyler's)? Smells like trouble in the attitude and leadership dept. for the Niners' team culture.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Is it normal to have to motivate players through the contract like this (and like Kyler's)? Smells like trouble in the attitude and leadership dept. for the Niners' team culture.
I think those incentives are as much about the niners NOT running Deebo as much as anything else. If they decide to run him more, they have to pay him more.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know that this is a case of motivating the player like Kyler seems to have been. These are on field performance rewards his was do your job or else kind of stuff. Add to that he wants to be more of a WR than a RB so maybe this is them rewarding him if he does it.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter

Sounds like the 49er's pride themselves on baiting the opposing teams.

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- After halting practice for a second time because of a brawl on Tuesday, coach Kyle Shanahan called for his team to huddle up.

He promptly delivered some choice words about what had just transpired. Underneath the anger was a simple message about how Shanahan wants his team to play.

Physical? Absolutely. Tough? Of course. Irritating? Sure.

But Shanahan wants the Niners to draw the line at throwing punches, which happened twice in that Tuesday practice -- namely between star middle linebacker Fred Warner and receiver Brandon Aiyuk.

"I want everyone challenging each other," Shanahan said on Friday. "I don't care how much crap each other talks; I don't care how close they get to fighting. They can do whatever they want to get themselves to be as intense as they want and bring the best out of each other, which happens a lot that way. And it's the same on the field.

"But once you throw a punch, you get ejected or you get a penalty, and we pride ourselves on, I want people to be irritants, I want people to get as close as they can to all that stuff. I want people to get right on the line where they're about to black out, but you can't black out on the football field or you cost your team."

The problem this week for Shanahan's team was that it happened on the practice field among teammates. It was the warmest day of this camp and a longer, fully padded session, factors that multiple players said contributed to the situation. And while fights are common at every training camp, this one happened between two players expected to play significant roles this season.

The biggest fight -- between Warner and Aiyuk -- began when a late hit by Warner landed receiver Marcus Johnson in the concussion protocol.

Something had already been brewing between Warner and Aiyuk, with Aiyuk telling media a few days before, in a semi-joking way, that Warner was "annoying" and his insistence on continuing to rip at the ball and touch guys after plays ended was "irritating."

Warner countered that he believes Aiyuk is ready to take the next step in his career and he's doing what he can to help him take his game to another level.

"Specifically with Brandon, I chose him out," Warner said. "I think he's ready to make that next step into playing at an elite level. I've gotten after him a little bit ... because I know how much he has in him. And I know if I nag him a little bit, he's going to get sick and tired of that and start to hold his own. ... He's started to really gain that mindset of knowing he's a guy and he's capable. I'm trying to get the best out of him. That's it."

On Friday, Shanahan said he's fine with his players pushing one another, and he trusts them to do it the right way. But incidents like Tuesday's have to reach a natural stopping point.

"I love the intensity of it," Shanahan said. "I don't think you have to fight to be intense, though. Scuffles are scuffles but then they lead to other stuff. I think that's why we've got a guy in protocol because he took an unnecessary shot on someone which led to the big fight and then we had a bunch of haymakers and stuff thrown in there, which only break hands."

The Niners made it through the rest of Tuesday's practice and all of Wednesday's without further incident. In the interim, Shanahan has hammered home the point that his team can be physical without resorting to fights.

"I think our team is pretty tough," Shanahan said. "I think we're pretty physical. I think if most probably voted on who would be the most physical team on tape last year, I think we'd win most of that, and we didn't get in one fight last year. So, I don't think that totally pertains to toughness."

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- After halting practice for a second time because of a brawl on Tuesday, coach Kyle Shanahan called for his team to huddle up.

He promptly delivered some choice words about what had just transpired. Underneath the anger was a simple message about how Shanahan wants his team to play.

But Shanahan wants the Niners to draw the line at throwing punches, which happened twice in that Tuesday practice -- namely between star middle linebacker Fred Warner and receiver Brandon Aiyuk.

"I want everyone challenging each other," Shanahan said on Friday. "I don't care how much crap each other talks; I don't care how close they get to fighting. They can do whatever they want to get themselves to be as intense as they want and bring the best out of each other, which happens a lot that way. And it's the same on the field.

"But once you throw a punch, you get ejected or you get a penalty, and we pride ourselves on, I want people to be irritants, I want people to get as close as they can to all that stuff. I want people to get right on the line where they're about to black out, but you can't black out on the football field or you cost your team."

The problem this week for Shanahan's team was that it happened on the practice field among teammates. It was the warmest day of this camp and a longer, fully padded session, factors that multiple players said contributed to the situation. And while fights are common at every training camp, this one happened between two players expected to play significant roles this season.

The biggest fight -- between Warner and Aiyuk -- began when a late hit by Warner landed receiver Marcus Johnson in the concussion protocol.

Something had already been brewing between Warner and Aiyuk, with Aiyuk telling media a few days before, in a semi-joking way, that Warner was "annoying" and his insistence on continuing to rip at the ball and touch guys after plays ended was "irritating."

Warner countered that he believes Aiyuk is ready to take the next step in his career and he's doing what he can to help him take his game to another level.

"Specifically with Brandon, I chose him out," Warner said. "I think he's ready to make that next step into playing at an elite level. I've gotten after him a little bit ... because I know how much he has in him. And I know if I nag him a little bit, he's going to get sick and tired of that and start to hold his own. ... He's started to really gain that mindset of knowing he's a guy and he's capable. I'm trying to get the best out of him. That's it."

On Friday, Shanahan said he's fine with his players pushing one another, and he trusts them to do it the right way. But incidents like Tuesday's have to reach a natural stopping point.

"I love the intensity of it," Shanahan said. "I don't think you have to fight to be intense, though. Scuffles are scuffles but then they lead to other stuff. I think that's why we've got a guy in protocol because he took an unnecessary shot on someone which led to the big fight and then we had a bunch of haymakers and stuff thrown in there, which only break hands."

The Niners made it through the rest of Tuesday's practice and all of Wednesday's without further incident. In the interim, Shanahan has hammered home the point that his team can be physical without resorting to fights.

"I think our team is pretty tough," Shanahan said. "I think we're pretty physical. I think if most probably voted on who would be the most physical team on tape last year, I think we'd win most of that, and we didn't get in one fight last year. So, I don't think that totally pertains to toughness."
Sounds like when Fred Warner hit Stafford in the head from behind. So we were to believe Freddy wasn’t that kind of player. I guess that translates to “Kyle made me do it”

This is Fisher style. Try to make up for short comings by antagonizing the opponents.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame

Trash team - this season makes or breaks Shanahan. They will be throwing a lot of shade to potentially end up 7-10