49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Shitters gonna be running the Ravens offense this year.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Did you see his first TD. I just hope he doesn’t turn out to be like a Steph Curry type of player that does have that crazy instinct & hard work ethic.

Shanahan is into himself. Mac Jones is & was the best pure QB in the 2021 draft.

I’m going to say though that that 2021 NFL draft could go down as the best NFL QB of All-Time?

You can look up the names,I
Just think about the Texans QB Mills from Stanford that pulls those 1st rd picks that much tighter. He was a steal.
And Tim Tebow won a playoff game against the Steelers on a walk off overtime bomb. He still sucked. Even a blind squirl finds a nut once in a while.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I think he'll struggle at that, at least initially. While JimmyG is certainly flawed, one of his strengths was he got rid of the ball quickly (2.67 seconds on average in 2021). That is not a strength of Lance's (3.12 seconds). I expect that, while he'll do some damage with his legs, he will also get sacked a lot due to this aspect of his game.

3.12 seconds and he'll be on his back looking at AD's face.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Personally, I really want the "Trey Lance is Struggling and Does Not Look Good" Narrative to be accurate. However, I need it to come from a more reliable and reputable source than Grant Cohn.
It’s accurate.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Personally, I really want the "Trey Lance is Struggling and Does Not Look Good" Narrative to be accurate. However, I need it to come from a more reliable and reputable source than Grant Cohn.

Beat writer for The Athletic;

View: https://twitter.com/lombardihimself/status/1553093003526356992?s=21&t=5lrEhYAExCehMF8qgYcdqw

View: https://twitter.com/lombardihimself/status/1553180891425280000?s=21&t=5lrEhYAExCehMF8qgYcdqw

Trey Lance has thrown two in the ugly category in the past two practices. Thursday’s came when he didn’t see Jimmie Ward looming 12 yards in front of him and zipped a pass straight into the free safety’s hands.

Friday’s occurred early in practice when Lance threw well behind tight end George Kittle on a crossing route, creating an easy interception for the other safety, Talanoa Hufanga, who picked up a convoy of blockers and nearly carried the ball into the end zone.

For the second consecutive day, a relentless pass rush kept Lance off balance, and he seemed to force some throws into coverage, especially when targeting Kittle. Left tackle Trent Williams was back at practice after the birth of his child, but he was held out of team drills, as was right tackle Mike McGlinchey. That meant Colton McKivitz (four career starts) and Jaylon Moore (three starts) continued to play tackle on a first-team line that also included Jake Brendel (three), Aaron Banks (zero) and Spencer Burfurd (zero).

The results were happy feet and unsightly throws from Lance, including one to the left sideline that must have slipped from his hand because it wobbled like a shanked punt. He was 3-of-10 in team drills and is 15-of-32 in those situations over the first three practices of camp.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
49’ers in that phase of convincing themselves there is no concern.

Breaking out references to Patrick Mahomes first camp as starter, throwing picks. :laugh4:

lol I knew I saw this narrative before, just 4 years ago.
Clueless fans will always overreact for practice performances. At this time Chiefs fans were panicking, asking for the FO head for trading away Alex Smith while they watched their redshirted 22 years old kid throw 7 picks in 6 practices. And lets not forget they had an abomination of a defense that year.

JYB

Starter
I had that very same discussion with my dad, a whiner fan. I ended it by listing the assets exchanged, it cost them three picks to acquire one pick. They can try to phrase or spin it however they want but the assets exchanged don't change.
They gave up two picks in order to swap places in the first round with the Dolphins, so they did only trade away two picks. But, they USED three picks to get Lance (their own, after swapping places with Miami and two future picks). By contrast, the Rams expended just two picks to get Stafford.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm just going to keep hoping that Lance doesn't figure it out and that they made mistakes with their Oline this offseason.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The results were happy feet and unsightly throws from Lance, including one to the left sideline that must have slipped from his hand because it wobbled like a shanked punt. He was 3-of-10 in team drills and is 15-of-32 in those situations over the first three practices of camp.

Let's Hope Trey Lance continues to Dance!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Let's Hope Trey Lance continues to Dance!
party dancing GIF

JYB

Starter
Lance was a tremendous college player at North Dakota State, he was good enough to be the third pick in the draft

Sam Bradford, Jamarcus Russell, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, etc were also very high picks. That didn't make them good or even good enough. Hell, I bought some stock at $300 that's trading at $50. Stock was good enough to trade at $300, so it must be good.

Last edited:

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Very true. Unfortunately for them they didn't have Shanahan drawing it up though.

Shanny will figure out a way to use Lance where he'll be at least somewhat effective with schemed and half field reads. But they're gonna be in trouble vs the defenses that can shut their run game down.