49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What if AZ and Seattle end up having more wins than the Niners? Trey Lance could be that bad! Oh make it so Football Gods!

sloramfan

Starter
"any GM considering trey lance in the first round should be fired on the spot"...

absolutely epic read...

and from what i'm reading from most camp reports.. spot on...

i'm just loving it... fuck the 9'rs...

go rams

slo

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Here's a nice read from last year by an ex-NFL scout for the Jets when Parcells and Belichick were there:

Screen-Shot-2021-03-22-at-8.23.11-PM-1024x571.png

More about Daniel Kelly, the ex-scout:

:laugh4:

From the article:

Where would I draft Trey Lance: He would not be on my draft board. UFA.(I would not sign him as a UFA either)

Probability of being a bust: 100%

If I were a GM, this is the question I need to have answered in my mind about Trey Lance:
How is he even in the first-round discussion?

My top 10 concerns about Trey Lance:
  1. Lack of experience running an NFL pro-style offense.
  2. Lack of feel for the pass rush.
  3. He takes too many sacks and losses. He does not throw the ball away in those situations.
  4. Tendency to lock in with receivers and telegraph throws.
  5. Average NFL arm.
  6. Sometimes too hesitant before pulling the trigger.
  7. Struggles with accuracy and ball placement at intermediate and deep route levels.
  8. Does not seem to know how to slide when he is running the ball.
  9. Average playing speed when running the ball.
  10. Did not dominate on film at a smaller school level.
I could go on.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
"any GM considering trey lance in the first round should be fired on the spot"...

absolutely epic read...

and from what i'm reading from most camp reports.. spot on...

i'm just loving it... fuck the 9'rs...

go rams

slo
I truly hopes this comes to fruition, however, again I will believe it when I see it because IMO, Kyle Shanahan is that good.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I don't know that this is a case of motivating the player like Kyler seems to have been. These are on field performance rewards his was do your job or else kind of stuff. Add to that he wants to be more of a WR than a RB so maybe this is them rewarding him if he does it.

So…deebo is gonna be paid extra to run the ball?
He’s gonna have to if he wants to truly cash in on that new contract.

Can’t wait to see him screaming for more carries when he starts sniffing the bonus $$.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Trey Lance has one thing going for him. He's on an offense that can mask his deficiencies like it did Garoppolo's. Is that enough to make the playoffs? I don't know. I'd bet if he was on the Jets or Jaguars people would be using the bust word.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I truly hopes this comes to fruition, however, again I will believe it when I see it because IMO, Kyle Shanahan is that good.

Shanahan really isn't that great. He has losing seasons 3/5 years and his record without Jimmy G is abysmal.

Also, what QB has Shanahan actually developed?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Shanahan really isn't that great. He has losing seasons 3/5 years and his record without Jimmy G is abysmal.

Well, in fairness, his losing record is when he lost starters, when he got them back his record is quite good. Also as to QB's devolved, well, IMO, he did get something out of the likes of Nick Mullins & CJ Beathard plus Shanahan is an excellent play caller too.

Shanahan's overall record is 39-42 he's 4-2 in post season plus his record against the Rams is pretty damn good. Again they are one of the teams I fear so I am showing the respect as I would like nothing more then to kick their ass on a continual basis.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So…deebo is gonna be paid extra to run the ball?
He’s gonna have to if he wants to truly cash in on that new contract.

Can’t wait to see him screaming for more carries when he starts sniffing the bonus $$.
I imagine he won't want to have RB snaps and squander his career when his QB is a football dispenser. If they start slow and lose games I think he might go back to crying about usage.

Should be almost as entertaining as Metcalf and his sideline tantrums up in Seattle.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

I find it interesting that for a coach who is supposed to be an offensive genius his defenses are always better than his offenses. If he had mediocre defense the past few years he'd have a losing record every year.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I find it interesting that for a coach who is supposed to be an offensive genius his defenses are always better than his offenses. If he had mediocre defense the past few years he'd have a losing record every year.
Well, apparently Shanahan is very good at hiring Defensive Coordinators & Assistant coaches. DeMeco Ryans has proven to be as good as his predecessor Robert Saleh. Granted the 49ers are very talented on that side of the football, but if we are going to credit McVay for hires, we need to credit the enemy too. God I hate those guys so very, very much.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well, apparently Shanahan is very good at hiring Defensive Coordinators & Assistant coaches. DeMeco Ryans has proven to be as good as his predecessor Robert Saleh. Granted the 49ers are very talented on that side of the football, but if we are going to credit McVay for hires, we need to credit the enemy too. God I hate those guys so very, very much.

I’m curious what Pete Carrolls team is going to look like,especially without Bobby Wagner. Either way The Rams are better from there loss.
Add Russell Wilson to the question mark.It will be very telling on how good of a coach Pete really is?

dang

Legend
Well, in fairness, his losing record is when he lost starters, when he got them back his record is quite good. Also as to QB's devolved, well, IMO, he did get something out of the likes of Nick Mullins & CJ Beathard plus Shanahan is an excellent play caller too.

Shanahan's overall record is 39-42 he's 4-2 in post season plus his record against the Rams is pretty damn good. Again they are one of the teams I fear so I am showing the respect as I would like nothing more then to kick their ass on a continual basis.
69ers 9-8 in 2022 then…
Ratboy Ratboy whatcha gonna do.
Whatcha gonna do when they come for you.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yup.
People absolutely rave about Ryans.
It seems the 9ers have gone through a bunch of change on their staff this year, so we'll see how much that impacts things.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Here's hoping lance is a complete bust. Can't wait to see 9er fans crying again.