Would you trade the Rams #1 pick for Manziel?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DrLurkalot

UDFA
Name
Don
I have a better idea, let's just let NE make our QB pick for us directly, since they never miss on one:sneaky:
Don't think N.E. would even take a 1st rounder for Garoppolo at this point. I think they really like him and Brady is 4 years older than Shaun Hill. Not a fan of Manziel, personally, but wouldn't hate a trade for a 3rd or lower round. Can't think of a single path for next season that doesn't have some drawbacks or major risks at quarterback. I think the best plan is keep Bradford and hope and draft one with a 1st or 2nd pick, and hope.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

reggae

It's too early to speculate.

A first round pick? Beggars can't be choosers despite the masses that think we can play hard ball. We need a plan B!

I'd do it.

We need a QB!

I think Sam can be that guy. If not, we need legit #2. Davis is admirable but lacks the arm strength and field vision.

It's time to win.
I have seen some discussions/thoughts that think the Browns will explore trading Manziel in the offseason due to Hoyer playing so well this season. If, that indeed materializes and the Browns offer Manziel to the Rams for the Rams 2015 1st Round pick and both Mariota & Winston have already been selected do you make the trade? Personally, I am not a Manziel fan and I wouldn't make the trade but I do think it would be tempting especially if Austin Davis doesn't progress during the rest of this season and if the Rams still have concerns about Sam Bradford's health/availability.
It's not even winter. And you are playing April Fool's. He would have been a bust pick 6 months ago. What has changed exactly? That guy is a gimmck player. Just like TA.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
How much do you like Brett Hundley? 1st Round? 2nd Round? From what little I have read the Rams 1st Round might be a little high but he may not be available when they pick in the 2nd Round. Would you take him with a top 10 pick (I am guessing that's around the area the Rams will be selecting)?
I'll answer with my opinion. In this draft, he's a 1st rounder. Last year, he'd have been a 1st rounder, maybe even higher. No way in double hockey sticks does he make it out of the 1st. I'd put him top 15 right now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not even winter. And you are playing April Fool's. He would have been a bust pick 6 months ago. What has changed exactly? That guy is a gimmck player. Just like TA.

Austin is a Ram. Find a player on the 49ers or Seahawks or Cardinals to target with hatred.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Austin isn't a gimmick player. If the Rams utilized his skillset correctly, there wouldn't be any need to run all of those gimmicks.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
How much do you like Brett Hundley? 1st Round? 2nd Round? From what little I have read the Rams 1st Round might be a little high but he may not be available when they pick in the 2nd Round. Would you take him with a top 10 pick (I am guessing that's around the area the Rams will be selecting)?

jrry32 posted a mock where the Rams trade down to 22nd and take Hundley IMO as the season progresses and after the combine his stock will rise, but trading down and getting Hundley later capturing some extra picks especially a 4th round back for Barron would be prudent.

A55VA6

Legend
jrry32 posted a mock where the Rams trade down to 22nd and take Hundley IMO as the season progresses and after the combine his stock will rise, but trading down and getting Hundley later capturing some extra picks especially a 4th round back for Barron would be prudent.
Yep, I like this scenario.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll answer with my opinion. In this draft, he's a 1st rounder. Last year, he'd have been a 1st rounder, maybe even higher. No way in double hockey sticks does he make it out of the 1st. I'd put him top 15 right now.

If Austin Davis doesn't progress a lot in the upcoming weeks or if the Rams don't sign a quality FA QB during the offseason I really hope they draft Winston (If, he doesn't get into anymore trouble!), Mariota or Hundley with their top 2015 Draft Pick!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think that would be a dream scenario. Once FO folks start to talk to this kid, do background checks, watch him be willing to perform in all aspects....will never happen. Someone will fall in love and probably trade up for him. I fully acknowedge his shortcomings, but his ceiling is high, he has the "it" factor, and he is humble at the same time.

I can't tell you how may times that I thought UCLA was out of it, mostly because of a bad OL. but to only have Hundley, pull off 3 or more huge plays to bring them back into the fold. He will do whatever it takes to win a game. Top 15, maybe higher. I'd bet 100 million ROD dollars if that does not happen.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
No to Manziel. Maybe something Jerry Jones does, ... hopefully not the brain trust in Rams management.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I have seen some discussions/thoughts that think the Browns will explore trading Manziel in the offseason due to Hoyer playing so well this season. If, that indeed materializes and the Browns offer Manziel to the Rams for the Rams 2015 1st Round pick and both Mariota & Winston have already been selected do you make the trade? Personally, I am not a Manziel fan and I wouldn't make the trade but I do think it would be tempting especially if Austin Davis doesn't progress during the rest of this season and if the Rams still have concerns about Sam Bradford's health/availability.

giphy.gif

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
To those that say "no"; your solution?

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I don't have a solution...I prefer Bradford, but saying that usually sets off all the hyena-type laughter...Bradford injured ??? I'd just as soon go with Davis as a back-up...Taking a QB in the draft is probably a real good idea, as well...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I wouldn't be interested in Manziel in a trade for our first rounder. I just don't see him being the answer.

I would like to see us take the best possible QB with our first pick or MAYBE trading up in the second if there is someone worth it. I don't get into much of the draft talk this time of year as so much changes over the next month or two. Regardless, I'd like to see us work out our best deal with Bradford. But I just don't think you can go into 2015 with Bradford/Davis as our end game. I think we need to do something that entails bringing in someone who can sit for a year. If simply going with Sam's current contract and having a rookie learn behind him is what we do, I'm ok with that but IMO, it means carrying 3 QBs on our active roster. I would think that signing Sam to any contract would also mean carrying 3 QBs on the roster.

The question for me becomes, who are the two QBs we go with while we work with our next #1.

I thought Sam has been paid all but roughly $4 mil of his guaranteed salary. I am not sure how that means he wouldn't have any incentive to sign with us for something that pays him that salary plus an amount for next season plus an incentive laced second and/or third year. Locking Sam up for three years while he shows if he is able to stay on the field would be a smart move regardless IMO as even if you score on a draft pick in 2015, that QB is still a great investment.

Bottom line - I would try to restructure a deal with Sam and I think KD is the right guy to pull it off. Then go after the best #2 you can find. Draft a QB in the first or second round. I also wouldn't be worried about overdrafting a QB if you only think he could have been had a few rounds later. Don't get cute - just grab him.