Would you trade the Rams #1 pick for Manziel?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
If all the good QB options in the draft are gone I would do it in a heart beat. Even if they do bring Bradford back(and I hope they do and I hope to god he stays healthy) We need a plan B. give them our 1 and draft 2 Olinemen with the next 2 picks and watch the kid run around and make all kinds of plays with all the weapons we have I think he could put this team over the top with our D finally playing the way we all thought it would.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think it's funny how much our perception of someone's media persona influences our amateur talent evaluations.

Winston and Manziel both suck? Gimme a break.

We forget how good this kid was in college. Did he light it up in the pre season? Does any rookie / ever?

I'd rather have Winston than Manziel, but I'd spend a first on either one right now.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
If all the good QB options in the draft are gone I would do it in a heart beat. Even if they do bring Bradford back(and I hope they do and I hope to god he stays healthy) We need a plan B. give them our 1 and draft 2 Olinemen with the next 2 picks and watch the kid run around and make all kinds of plays with all the weapons we have I think he could put this team over the top with our D finally playing the way we all thought it would.
The best OL in the world isn't going to keep a guy who runs as much as Manziel does from getting injured. Ask the Redskins.

And that's without the character red flags.

There are better QBs to be had for cheaper.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
The best OL in the world isn't going to keep a guy who runs as much as Manziel does from getting injured. Ask the Redskins.

And that's without the character red flags.

There are better QBs to be had for cheaper.

The kid comes off as a jackass but I think hes smart enough to protect himself and slide or run out of bounds when he needs too.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
The kid comes off as a jackass but I think hes smart enough to protect himself and slide or run out of bounds when he needs too.
That's not always going to protect him.

This conversation is completely hypothetical and will never happen anyway, but if the Rams gave anything more than a third for him, I'd be calling for Snead's head. Cleveland doesn't deserve to get bailed out of a bad 1st round pick twice.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
How many different ways can I say no? Because, all of them ...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would trade a first round pick for him in a second!

As long as it was the 2009 1st round pick....

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
After Fisher dumped Davis, I'm thinking the cost for Bradford just went up: The Rams have no alternative at QB, a bad O-line, and the worst wide receiver corps in the league. In fact, the WR's are on a 10 year run that makes them historically bad. Why on earth would he want play here at a discount?

For the first time, I'm thinking that Bradford is gone, if he is cut. In fact, it might be prudent for the Rams to ride out that last year, because you can't get anyone even close to his skill set in the draft or free agency. Bradford, or his agent, just stepped into the driver's seat today.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
YESSS..... especially since he's been humbled by the pine wood splinters in his a$$$$... He has SO MUCH talent on this team right now, and a competent FO that can draft at the back end of the draft...

Is Johnny Don't be a Prick better than any first round talent available in the draft right now? YESSSS. I think so, anyway.

Of course I also said we should pick up Sanchez... so what do I know! ;)

Ramathon

Ever think Bradfords agent is watching the games thinking " You know if the Rams don't draft in the top five I can get Sam a raise cause they have nothing".

You tacked that on at the end of your post almost seemingly as a bit of an afterthought. But I have little doubt that's exactly what SB8's agent is thinking.

But then I also think it's highly probably that Austin Davis got his shot.... (1) because his play the first couple games warranted it, but also (2) because the Rams' braintrust got together and thought...."What IF this kid Davis actually is a gamer. What IF he does develop into a decent starting QB. What IF we've caught lightning in a bottle here. And IF that happens, just think how much leverage that gives us in future contract talks with SB8.'

And IF that had transpired, it actually would have given the Rams a lot of leverage. Even if AD just had not seemed to regress the last couple games, he'd probably still be starting.

And if the Rams lose the next couple games and get to a record of 3/8, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him reinserted as the starter. It might just be that he's a little rattled right now, but a couple weeks off might do him some good...re-gather himself to the point that the next opportunity he's mentally relaxed enough that he can actually progress as a QB.

I know that's a lot of big IF's, but what if..... :)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
IMO Russell Wilson is one of those rare breeds of short QB's who can succeed at this level. I REALLY don't like the idea of a little QB running around in our offense because he can't see downfield or hang tough in the pocket.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
turning into a witch hunt, huh?

Yep. I just think it's humorous that some obscure site that I've never heard of was approached with this groundbreaking information on a major story. They couldn't sell that information to ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sports, Sports Illustrated, or even TMZ? Yea, okay. They appear to lean pretty heavily on Incarcerated Bob who is the same guy that published the original story. And he's been revealed to be a fraud in the past.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
IJeqc2r.gif

NO

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
No it's not a afterthought at all, I've been saying it all season in a way.
Bradford has almost all the leverage even after the 2nd ACL.
1 He's been paid, he's set. It's all about being competing now. Jerk him around too much he can walk to another team.
2 Even after all the injuries lots of teams will give him a shot based on his arm talent.

Regardless of the name of the QB the Rams profess themselves as a running team. If they feel like that's what they are, then they better get the line and RB talent to do it.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
turning into a witch hunt, huh?

Yep. I just think it's humorous that some obscure site that I've never heard of was approached with this groundbreaking information on a major story. They couldn't sell that information to ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sports, Sports Illustrated, or even TMZ? Yea, okay. They appear to lean pretty heavily on Incarcerated Bob who is the same guy that published the original story. And he's been revealed to be a fraud in the past.

It was on TMZ guys. I get that you are justifying your man love for poor Jameis, but we have seen this movie before, and it always ends badly.
http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/09/jameis-winston-ncaa-investigating-point-shaving-allegations/

You guys can go ahead and dismiss yet another allegation, but the NCAA is not! Did that link work for you?