Would you trade the Rams #1 pick for Manziel?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was on TMZ guys. I get that you are justifying your man love for poor Jameis, but we have seen this movie before, and it always ends badly.
http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/09/jameis-winston-ncaa-investigating-point-shaving-allegations/

You guys can go ahead and dismiss yet another allegation, but the NCAA is not! Did that link work for you?

It was on TMZ? Really? Yea, TMZ isn't my source for sports news. When a story is too speculative for ESPN with their low standards pick up...that speaks volumes.

As far as the NCAA goes:
Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson and Pat Forde report the NCAA "has nothing" regarding the point-shaving allegation associating FSU redshirt sophomore QB Jameis Winston.
The story had a soft foundation to begin with, but this practically shuts the door on the issue. Robinson and Forde state the NCAA sent an email asking for proof "and that's it." Basically, if the NCAA does not feel it needs to investigate, it was made up. Nov 10 - 9:30 AM

Nobody is justifying anything. If you want to believe a known fraud and liar on a story that has been ignored by sports reporters, that's your prerogative. At least with the rape accusation, it was questionable. At this point, you're just proving that if something is posted on the internet...someone will believe it.

And the fraud and liar that reported it couldn't even produce real evidence. That's the funny part.

P.S. Since you seem to be big on TMZ, interesting that you missed them posting this:
http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/07/jameis-winston-teammate-calls-bs-hes-no-point-shaver/

Last edited:

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Your the one that wanted to use TMZ for a source, and now it is not good enough for you? The blinders that you have on for this guy are astounding!

Yep. I just think it's humorous that some obscure site that I've never heard of was approached with this groundbreaking information on a major story. They couldn't sell that information to ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sports, Sports Illustrated, or even TMZ? Yea, okay. They appear to lean pretty heavily on Incarcerated Bob who is the same guy that published the original story. And he's been revealed to be a fraud in the past.

It is always seems to be someone else's fault where Winston is concerned. It is all some giant conspiracy to keep him down right? Some giant conspiracy that has a new chapter every few weeks.

I am not saying that this story , or the rape, or the property damage, are true; But is this is the kind of person you would consider for the face of the Ram's franchise?

How many wholesome kids are accused of 3 felonies inside of year? I even left out the crab leg and karaoke episodes. This guy is a train wreck IMO. I get that he is supremely talented, but so was Lawrence Phillips.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Your the one that wanted to use TMZ for a source, and now it is not good enough for you? The blinders that you have on for this guy are astounding!

I wanted to use TMZ as a source? When?(I know you're not claiming that me sarcastically showing you TMZ contradicting their own report that you posted is using them as a "source") TMZ is never good enough.

It is always seems to be someone else's fault where Winston is concerned. It is all some giant conspiracy to keep him down right? Some giant conspiracy that has a new chapter every few weeks.

In this case, yes. It is 100% a conspiracy to get page clicks and attention from a fraud named Incarcerated Bob. Because it makes him money. This isn't the first story he's fabricated and it won't be the last.

I am not saying that this story , or the rape, or the property damage, are true; But is this is the kind of person you would consider for the face of the Ram's franchise?

I don't give a crap who the Rams face of the franchise is. Chuckie freaking Cheese can be the face of the franchise for all I care as long as the Rams are winning.

You're not saying that it's true? Well, if it's not true, you don't have much of an argument against the guy. The BB gun war resulting in broken windows is absolutely true. But that's not something that I particularly care about. Same with the crab legs. Petty stuff. Unless he does it again, it's no big deal to me.

How many wholesome kids are accused of 3 felonies inside of year? I even left out the crab leg and karaoke episodes. This guy is a train wreck IMO. I get that he is supremely talented, but so was Lawrence Phillips.

Ben Roethlisberger was accused of two different rapes in a year. I'd take that guy as our QB without thinking twice. In the end, though, accusations are irrelevant. You can accuse me of committing a felony. Doesn't make it true. How many has he been charged with? How many has he been convicted of? I'm not about to claim the guy is innocent but simply being accused doesn't make you guilty. NFL teams will have to do their own investigations.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
You are seriously dug in my friend. I can see this conversation is going no place fast. Dismissing 3 felony accusations out of hand is nonsense. Good luck to you and Jameis in the future though. I think we are done here.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Oh good more Winston talk. I see some of us are still fixated on whether or not he can be convicted, as if that makes any difference to justify his employment here. Even if I were inclined to just wave away rape and other assorted charges, I certainly wouldn't do it for a guy who throws interceptions at the rate he has been. He should thank his lucky stars that the draft class this year is weak, he'd be getting 2nd round attention in some previous years.

Big Game

Living The Dream
LOL looks like the majority would say "no" to that trade. :sneaky::doh::shooting::effemine:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I don't give a crap who the Rams face of the franchise is. Chuckie freaking Cheese can be the face of the franchise for all I care as long as the Rams are winning.

What about Freddy Fazbear? ;)