Would you trade the Rams #1 pick for Manziel?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That there will be a lot of better solutions. I can't speculate the draft yet, not knowing where we will pick. We don't know what free agents are available, yet. But J Football, no freaking way, I wouldn't touch that guy, and I'd rather not care to trash the guy further. I talked about him plenty before last draft. Don't think he's a fit.

Fair enough. The topic feels too early to me too.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Fair enough. The topic feels too early to me too.
I don't mind the question, and he may be available, but they are pretty happy with Hoyer, and I can see Johnny possibly causing locker room problems in the future. He is just a hard no from me.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Carr looks great, and is the future of the Raiders, my bet is that he's untouchable. I'd love to have him though.

Agreed! I am guessing the Raiders are pretty happy with Carr and will trade the #1 pick IF they get it and IF they get the right price.

Irish

Starter
Are the Rams drafting Winston? If not, I would trade a second or third for Manziel and still bag a first round talent

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't mind the question, and he may be available, but they are pretty happy with Hoyer, and I can see Johnny possibly causing locker room problems in the future. He is just a hard no from me.

I don't like the cloud around the guy. But I think he can play.

If we find our plan B elsewhere, I'm cool

paceram

Pro Bowler
I'm good with this solution.

I would be too if the Rams medical staff feel confident about Bradford's health and if the Rams can talk Bradford into a restructured contract.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I would be too if the Rams medical staff feel confident about Bradford's health and if the Rams can talk Bradford into a restructured contract.
The restructured contract is a must, in my opinion along with the health.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The restructured contract is a must, in my opinion along with the health.
Agree on all of that, but getting a major restructure, or discount, I don't know if that will happen. One more thing, food for thought, do you want to restructure and lengthen his contract with his injury history? Or would you rather let next season play out, and go from there?

I don't see Sam restructuring for 1 year, why would he? He'd probably be better off getting cut, and signing a multi-year deal, even if it's performance laden.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Agree on all of that, but getting a major restructure, or discount, I don't know if that will happen. One more thing, food for thought, do you want to restructure and lengthen his contract with his injury history? Or would you rather let next season play out, and go from there?

I don't see Sam restructuring for 1 year, why would he? He'd probably be better off getting cut, and signing a multi-year deal, even if it's performance laden.
I agree with this Bradford has no incentive to restructure if he feels he is not going to get a fair shake at retaining the starting job or at least regaining it during the season.

I like the idea of bringing him back and if Davis can some how return to keeping his eyes down field instead of on the rush he could start the season with Bradford coming on in October.

Hundley would be my choice right now to draft and develop over the next 2 or 3 years ala Aaron Rogers

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

That's just it.

We toss out the concept of restructuring like we have leverage.

I think a lot of fans might be disappointed.

paceram

Pro Bowler

I personally think if the Rams can't get Bradford to agree to a lower salary then they need to let him go. I was one of Sam Bradford's biggest supporters (and, I still am!) but with his injury history and his huge salary (which, the Rams could desperately use to help with FA signings) I just don't think it would be smart on the Rams part to bring him back without a reduced salary agreement which probably won't happen. But, I do like your plan and I hope it works: Bradford comes back (but, at a lower price), they sign a quality free agent that doesn't break the bank or have injury issues and they draft a QB.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Are the Rams drafting Winston? If not, I would trade a second or third for Manziel and still bag a first round talent

Winston. Again with that clown. The point shaving allegations that came out a few days ago look like they could have some legs, if you read the tweets between him and Raab. http://dystnow.com/2014/11/10/conversations-between-jameis-winston-and-chris-rabb/He would be totally off my board. I also don't think another sub 500 season would allow Fisher/Snead to take a Phillips/Clarett style leap of faith on a bad actor.

No thanks on Johnny. I didn't think he was a first round talent last year, he has not done anything to change that perception. Bradford restructured seems to me like the only way to go.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I have seen some discussions/thoughts that think the Browns will explore trading Manziel in the offseason due to Hoyer playing so well this season. If, that indeed materializes and the Browns offer Manziel to the Rams for the Rams 2015 1st Round pick and both Mariota & Winston have already been selected do you make the trade? Personally, I am not a Manziel fan and I wouldn't make the trade but I do think it would be tempting especially if Austin Davis doesn't progress during the rest of this season and if the Rams still have concerns about Sam Bradford's health/availability.
NO ! He is a Punk

jjab360

Legend
I have a feeling Manziel would be making all the mental mistakes Davis is right now and then some. Outside of his athleticism, I honestly don't see the upgrade over the udfa we picked up a few years ago who was basically an afterthought before the season started. So nooooooooooooo

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I see some people mentioning they wouldn't mind having Carr. He was taken in the 2nd round. Are there any prospects that the Rams could get in the 2nd who could be a starter? If so, I say they draft him to compete with a restructured Bradford and whoever else they bring back next training camp between Davis, Hill, Keenum, Gilbert and FA signing (if one is signed).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To those that say "no"; your solution?

I'd draft Hundley before trading our first for Manziel. In a heartbeat. Would take my chances on breaking Hundley of his bad habits which are less severe than Manziel's.

Plus, Hundley has 30 pounds on Manziel, a much stronger arm, and is the same caliber of athlete.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I see some people mentioning they wouldn't mind having Carr. He was taken in the 2nd round. Are there any prospects that the Rams could get in the 2nd who could be a starter? If so, I say they draft him to compete with a restructured Bradford and whoever else they bring back next training camp between Davis, Hill, Keenum, Gilbert and FA signing (if one is signed).

I believe that Dak Prescott is one of them. Bryce Petty could be another, but I'm leery about his bad back.