Would you trade the Rams #1 pick for Manziel?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Few teams thought Manziel was worth a first, much less a high first last year. Since then he played poorly in the preseason, showed he was more intent on partying than studying his playbook, and basically reinforced he wasn't worth a first.

I agree - Bradford, a vet FA or Davis if he improves the rest of the season, and a rookie to develop over several seasons.

Fitzpatrick will be available for instance. Surround him with decent talent and he'd be a decent stop gap until Bradford is healthy or until the rookie is better prepared.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
A first for Hoyer and they can keep Johnny.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
For our 5th round pick, and only then conditional.

To those that say "no"; your solution?
My solution is someone smarter and who has a game that will translate better to the pros. Tons of those out there.

Philly5

Rookie
No interest in JFF ever.

My solution is to start Hill now. Try to bring SB8 back at a reduced rate IF the doctors think the knee will hold up. If there is a QB we like in the draft I got no problem with that, just don't force it. If SB8 is too big a risk, bring in a veteran guy that was recently a starter. Win now mode in 2015.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Are the Rams drafting Winston? If not, I would trade a second or third for Manziel and still bag a first round talent
OK, I do have to admit that if our choices were somehow limited to just Manziel and Winston, I'd take Manziel in a second.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
And be as dumb as the Colts were when they bailed Cleveland out on Trent Richardson , let them keep their mistake ,people think Austin Davis sucks at reading defenses , OMG
I'd rather draft a guard and go with Davis

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
A wide receiver, a running back, a corner back, I would take a chance on their character, my quarterback should be above reproach and right now I'm California Dreamin!
Brett+Hundley+Stanford+v+UCLA+QCcbB-R5BW4l.jpg

Last edited:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Let me say this and I know I'm going to get an argument but a QB who takes off and runs IN COLLEGE isn't seeing open recs. cuz college secondaries barely cover anyone or they have the worst wrs on the planet . I want a guy who only rarely runs in college cuz he'll be twice as likely to give up and run in the pros, all the hell Manziel did was give up and scramble , if he ever lans a starting job in the pros he'll be hurt more than Vick .

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I wonder what it would cost to steal Jimmy Garoppolo from N.E.
Austin Davis plus a 2nd rounder?(which was where he was drafted)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Yeah that won't get it done...Jimmy Garoppolo lies coiled in New England!

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW

This is a plan that I can get behind! I wanted him in the draft.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I have a better idea, let's just let NE make our QB pick for us directly, since they never miss on one:sneaky:

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A wide receiver, a running back, a corner back, I would take a chance on their character, my quarterback should be above reproach and right now I'm California Dreamin!
Brett+Hundley+Stanford+v+UCLA+QCcbB-R5BW4l.jpg

How much do you like Brett Hundley? 1st Round? 2nd Round? From what little I have read the Rams 1st Round might be a little high but he may not be available when they pick in the 2nd Round. Would you take him with a top 10 pick (I am guessing that's around the area the Rams will be selecting)?