Would you trade the Rams #1 pick for Manziel?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have a better idea, let's just let NE make our QB pick for us directly, since they never miss on one:sneaky:
How 'bout instead we just tape their war room and swoop in before each of their picks. I would give up good picks just to see them holding their dicks wondering what happened.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
How 'bout instead we just tape their war room and swoop in before each of their picks. I would give up good picks just to see them holding their dicks wondering what happened.
That sounds very Patriot like, I love it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think that would be a dream scenario. Once FO folks start to talk to this kid, do background checks, watch him be willing to perform in all aspects....will never happen. Someone will fall in love and probably trade up for him. I fully acknowedge his shortcomings, but his ceiling is high, he has the "it" factor, and he is humble at the same time.

I can't tell you how may times that I thought UCLA was out of it, mostly because of a bad OL. but to only have Hundley, pull off 3 or more huge plays to bring them back into the fold. He will do whatever it takes to win a game. Top 15, maybe higher. I'd bet 100 million ROD dollars if that does not happen.

Teams seem to be a lot more skittish with their QB picks since that 2011 Draft. Hundley still needs a lot of development. I don't think he's a top 15 lock. I think he'll go somewhere between 10 and 25. Obviously, that leaves the top 15 as a possibility but not a certainty. I'd rather get him outside of the top 15 but that's obvious. I'd rather get any player outside of the top 15 haha. If we do go that direction, though, I think we need Bradford or another suitable veteran starter for 2015. I don't think Hundley is ready to be inserted day 1 and I think it would be a disservice to him to throw him in there.

fancents86

Starter
I'm not sure how far this thread has gone, but to answer the question, I'd rather drag my nuts through 2 miles of broken glass before I'd like to see Manziel in a Rams jersey.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Teams seem to be a lot more skittish with their QB picks since that 2011 Draft. Hundley still needs a lot of development. I don't think he's a top 15 lock. I think he'll go somewhere between 10 and 25. Obviously, that leaves the top 15 as a possibility but not a certainty. I'd rather get him outside of the top 15 but that's obvious. I'd rather get any player outside of the top 15 haha. If we do go that direction, though, I think we need Bradford or another suitable veteran starter for 2015. I don't think Hundley is ready to be inserted day 1 and I think it would be a disservice to him to throw him in there.
So, 100 million dollar bet?

I agree with your points, and have stated them myself.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, 100 million dollar bet?

If it were real money(because me and Floyd Mayweather routinely drop $100 million on bets for fun), I'd say no because things are just too uncertain at this point but with it being ROD Cash, sure, what the heck. You have a deal.

And in the name of fairness, I'll give you a couple outs...you can consider the bet voidable if:
1. Hundley suffers a major injury prior to the draft
or
2. Hundley commits a felony

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
bluth-no.gif

reggae

Austin isn't a gimmick player. If the Rams utilized his skillset correctly, there wouldn't be any need to run all of those gimmicks.
This is pretty simple. Austin is good for 5-7 touches from scrimmage per game. If we're lucky he might see 3 returns in a game. If we're lucky we can count on him for 50 total yards/game on avg. However, we have to be creative to get 50 yards.What part of this do you not agree with? I can call him a gimmick player if I want.because that's what I believe him to be. Funny how you can criticize SB8. Say you don't want him back or whatever. Talk about Austin11 and folks get their panties in a bunch.

reggae

I have seen some discussions/thoughts that think the Browns will explore trading Manziel in the offseason due to Hoyer playing so well this season. If, that indeed materializes and the Browns offer Manziel to the Rams for the Rams 2015 1st Round pick and both Mariota & Winston have already been selected do you make the trade? Personally, I am not a Manziel fan and I wouldn't make the trade but I do think it would be tempting especially if Austin Davis doesn't progress during the rest of this season and if the Rams still have concerns about Sam Bradford's health/availability.
From my perspective. I woudn't trade Shaun Hill for JFF.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
If it were real money(because me and Floyd Mayweather routinely drop $100 million on bets for fun), I'd say no because things are just too uncertain at this point but with it being ROD Cash, sure, what the heck. You have a deal.

And in the name of fairness, I'll give you a couple outs...you can consider the bet voidable if:
1. Hundley suffers a major injury prior to the draft
or
2. Hundley commits a felony
Done. And I committed early, so advantage....you. We both know how much things change from now, until the draft.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Why trade for him, we can pick him up for free off waivers in a couple years. Beside he might die behind the Rams Oline.
If the Rams dangle a top 10 pick around the league they might get more than what we think.

Bad year to need a QB that can come in and play at start of the season. Winston can maybe , Mariota? Maybe but all he'll be doing is running around. Hundley needs a year on the bench and running the scout team. If not Davis 2.0
That and maybe 5 teams want a QB.
Rather than just take a QB to take one the Rams might be better off taking a stud Olineman or the best WR on the draft then fill the center and guard in FA and the draft, and no mid to late round trash. More talent around the position improves the QB position.

Choice is waste a high asset on a guy that might be avg. at best or bring back what you have and supplement it.

Ever think Bradfords agent is watching the games thinking " You know if the Rams don't draft in the top five I can get Sam a raise cause they have nothing".

iced

I don't like the idea of a QB who drinks more than a Browns fan

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why trade for him, we can pick him up for free off waivers in a couple years. Beside he might die behind the Rams Oline.
If the Rams dangle a top 10 pick around the league they might get more than what we think.

Bad year to need a QB that can come in and play at start of the season. Winston can maybe , Mariota? Maybe but all he'll be doing is running around. Hundley needs a year on the bench and running the scout team. If not Davis 2.0
That and maybe 5 teams want a QB.
Rather than just take a QB to take one the Rams might be better off taking a stud Olineman or the best WR on the draft then fill the center and guard in FA and the draft, and no mid to late round trash. More talent around the position improves the QB position.

Choice is waste a high asset on a guy that might be avg. at best or bring back what you have and supplement it.

Ever think Bradfords agent is watching the games thinking " You know if the Rams don't draft in the top five I can get Sam a raise cause they have nothing".

While it always helps to add more talent around the position, we still need a QB. I'm not advocating the approach that we take a prospect that doesn't belong but I do think this team would be smart to come away with one of Mariota, Winston, or Hundley. I'd also love to see them bring back Bradford at a reduced cost because it helps young QBs to get some time to develop and all three of those guys could use it. Bradford would help us be more competitive next year and those guys give us a future as well as a Plan B if Sam gets hurt.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
While it always helps to add more talent around the position, we still need a QB. I'm not advocating the approach that we take a prospect that doesn't belong but I do think this team would be smart to come away with one of Mariota, Winston, or Hundley. I'd also love to see them bring back Bradford at a reduced cost because it helps young QBs to get some time to develop and all three of those guys could use it. Bradford would help us be more competitive next year and those guys give us a future as well as a Plan B if Sam gets hurt.

I agree. I just don't see the Rams being in the running for Winston or MM unless they lose out. Too many QB needy teams. How much do you think it would cost to get the Jets off one of them?
To me Rams lose out they get one of the top two, they winn 2-3 more games they don't
I have no problem with Hundley, but he's right now a borderline 2nd rounder. He might has as much upside as the other two but after watch all but of a few of his snaps, I think he needs dev. time. To me he's gonna get drafted close to top team by a QB desperate and played too early.

Instead of gambling on getting a lesser player I would rather build the core. Look at it this way, the rams say they are a running team but aren't very good at it. Improved Oline should help that along with the passing game. A top WR not only gives a better target it protects the Rams from Quick really becoming a TO clone that he's compared to and walking after next year for a 60 mil. Britt who knows.

They need a QB bad, its the most pressing need, but they need the right one and the one that fits the scheme since I don't believe Schotty is going anywhere.

Bradford will be back, Davis? draft pic.

Let me ask you this. Rams draft one of top QB's, Bradfords back as you say to transition and stays healthy and freaking lights it up, well inside the top ten as so the Rams thought he could .
Do you resign him and keep sitting the high pick or let him walk going with the new guy?

I'm not a huge Bradford fan, but I don't see a QB in this draft all things considered as good.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think that would be a dream scenario. Once FO folks start to talk to this kid, do background checks, watch him be willing to perform in all aspects....will never happen. Someone will fall in love and probably trade up for him. I fully acknowedge his shortcomings, but his ceiling is high, he has the "it" factor, and he is humble at the same time.

I can't tell you how may times that I thought UCLA was out of it, mostly because of a bad OL. but to only have Hundley, pull off 3 or more huge plays to bring them back into the fold. He will do whatever it takes to win a game. Top 15, maybe higher. I'd bet 100 million ROD dollars if that does not happen.

I concur and I believe that "TEAM" will be the Rams...He's my guy Doctor and I hope he'll be donning horns.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree. I just don't see the Rams being in the running for Winston or MM unless they lose out. Too many QB needy teams. How much do you think it would cost to get the Jets off one of them?
To me Rams lose out they get one of the top two, they winn 2-3 more games they don't
I have no problem with Hundley, but he's right now a borderline 2nd rounder. He might has as much upside as the other two but after watch all but of a few of his snaps, I think he needs dev. time. To me he's gonna get drafted close to top team by a QB desperate and played too early.

Instead of gambling on getting a lesser player I would rather build the core. Look at it this way, the rams say they are a running team but aren't very good at it. Improved Oline should help that along with the passing game. A top WR not only gives a better target it protects the Rams from Quick really becoming a TO clone that he's compared to and walking after next year for a 60 mil. Britt who knows.

They need a QB bad, its the most pressing need, but they need the right one and the one that fits the scheme since I don't believe Schotty is going anywhere.

Bradford will be back, Davis? draft pic.

Let me ask you this. Rams draft one of top QB's, Bradfords back as you say to transition and stays healthy and freaking lights it up, well inside the top ten as so the Rams thought he could .
Do you resign him and keep sitting the high pick or let him walk going with the new guy?

I'm not a huge Bradford fan, but I don't see a QB in this draft all things considered as good.

You cross that bridge when you come to it. But if that's the worst case scenario, QBs always seem to retain value if they were valued. So you'd have some fair options. The first would be to let Bradford walk out of concern for his durability and go with the young QB if you believe in him(this also saves you a lot of cap room). The second is to re-sign Bradford and trade the young QB. The third is to franchise Bradford, see if he can repeat his performance/stay healthy(San Diego with Brees method) and then make your decision on re-signing him.

As far as Hundley is concerned, I'd say he's more a borderline top 15 pick than a borderline 2nd rounder. But that's only my opinion.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I just don't think that Fisher has enough juice left,( provided he is retained), to gamble on a rookie QB. By year 4, your record should matter. Bradford needs to be back here, and not one of the QB's in this class has the potential to be better out of the gate than him. I understand the injury concerns, but he is still the best option IMO.

This team has too much talent to wait for a rookie QB to catch up, or in one case make bail.