Would you trade the Rams #1 pick for Manziel?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I have seen some discussions/thoughts that think the Browns will explore trading Manziel in the offseason due to Hoyer playing so well this season. If, that indeed materializes and the Browns offer Manziel to the Rams for the Rams 2015 1st Round pick and both Mariota & Winston have already been selected do you make the trade? Personally, I am not a Manziel fan and I wouldn't make the trade but I do think it would be tempting especially if Austin Davis doesn't progress during the rest of this season and if the Rams still have concerns about Sam Bradford's health/availability.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
not for our 3rd... not sure I'd do it for our 5th...seriously. He was exposed in preseason.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's too early to speculate.

A first round pick? Beggars can't be choosers despite the masses that think we can play hard ball. We need a plan B!

I'd do it.

We need a QB!

I think Sam can be that guy. If not, we need legit #2. Davis is admirable but lacks the arm strength and field vision.

It's time to win.

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No I did not like him in the draft and I don't want him in the horns now. If I'm going for a new QB I want a big guy with the ability to see over the line and a big arm to push the ball down field. A guy who will stand in the pocket slide to the top to avoid pressure and take a hit while delivering the ball.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I8kq0uJ.gif

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Um...is fuck no an adequate-enough answer?

And as to my solution...it would probably be through the draft.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Straight up....no. They throw in a 2nd and 4th rounder and I would start to consider it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't see why the Browns would trade him anyway. He hasn't played a single snap, and he was a first round pick. If it's because he's a distraction and headcase, then yeah - I guess I could see why they'd do it. Which begs the question. IF that's the reason why they're trading him, why would WE want him? My solution would be to bring in a veteran (if Bradford can't go) and further develop either Keenum or Gilbert - or both.

I don't like Manziel's untamed style of play. Or his stature. Or his stupid face.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Probably?

Yeah. Probably. If not through the draft, I'd see if the Raiders are willing to trade Derek Carr, but I doubt that they trade him for anything less than a second, so...yeah, definitely through the draft.

If you're asking who I like in this class, it's Prescott.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't see why the Browns would trade him anyway. He hasn't played a single snap, and he was a first round pick. If it's because he's a distraction and headcase, then yeah - I guess I could see why they'd do it. Which begs the question. IF that's the reason why they're trading him, why would WE want him? My solution would be to bring in a veteran (if Bradford can't go) and further develop either Keenum or Gilbert - or both.

I don't like Manziel's untamed style of play. Or his stature. Or his stupid face.

I don't care for his douchebaggery.

But he can throw the ball.

We need a plan B.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't care for his douchebaggery.

But he can throw the ball.

We need a plan B.
So can I.

But yeah, we need a plan B. And if it's a rookie QB who hasn't played in the NFL, I'd rather look elsewhere.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
To those that say "no"; your solution?
That there will be a lot of better solutions. I can't speculate the draft yet, not knowing where we will pick. We don't know what free agents are available, yet. But J Football, no freaking way, I wouldn't touch that guy, and I'd rather not care to trash the guy further. I talked about him plenty before last draft. Don't think he's a fit.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah. Probably. If not through the draft, I'd see if the Raiders are willing to trade Derek Carr, but I doubt that they trade him for anything less than a second, so...yeah, definitely through the draft.

If you're asking who I like in this class, it's Prescott.

It's via draft. Via trade.

I dunno.

Doubt Carr is available unless they draft one of these top QB's... Which is possible.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Bradford back, FA signing, and pretty high draft pick. That would be my plan of attack.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It's via draft. Via trade.

I dunno.

Doubt Carr is available unless they draft one of these top QB's... Which is possible.
Carr looks great, and is the future of the Raiders, my bet is that he's untouchable. I'd love to have him though.