Vent Thread: Redskins@Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Barron played way better than Ogletree. I'm a huge fan of the guy but it was obvious he was ineffective

Barron was worse. They both were bad, but Barron wasn't reading his keys on running plays. You can get after Ogletree for missing tackles or not getting off blocks, but Barron wasn't getting close enough to where he was supposed to be for either of those issues to spring up.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Rams defense today:
Swiss_Cheese_Garden_of_Eden.jpg

Kevin61

UDFA
Name
Kevin
Yea, it's noticeable that you were nowhere to be found last week after the blowout win. There are many members here who express negative opinions, but there's not much patience here for members who are nowhere to be found when things are going well but around to express doom and gloom when things aren't.

If you feel the "Soviet-style" enforcement around here isn't your thing, you're welcome to leave. If you want to stay, great. But you know what the culture is here.
Thanks for the offer.
Mr. Moderator, Let me make a suggestion and I mean this seriously. Why don't you guys put together several pages of what you think is suitable. Go so far as to post examples and open it for discussion and managements interpretations. The constant talk of "we don't like negativity" is entirely subjective.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Meh, Skins wanted it emore than us. Oh well, let's beat the Wehiners and I'll be better. Hope Goff will see that INT as a learning lesson on manipulating coverage. Also need to improve on run defense

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Barron was worse. They both were bad, but Barron wasn't reading his keys on running plays. You can get after Ogletree for missing tackles or not getting off blocks, but Barron wasn't getting close enough to where he was supposed to be for either of those issues to spring up.
Neither was Ogletree the middle of the field was wide open because he would jump the wrong hole and get washed up this happen on a number of occasions. I think that gets fixed when Donald is playing all the snaps

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Really, let me see Goff's bad, the team sucks, that's venting?
Sound just like plain bashing to me!
Yeah. That's venting.
*Most* of these same guys will be back rooting for the team as per usual next week.

There are a couple of schmucks who revel in this stuff, but dicks are gonna dick.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Linebackers were atrocious..... They are going to have fix the Run defense quick or they may have their Butts handed to them in San Francisco on Thur night.

Carlos Hyde had 124 yards on 15 carries today against the Seahawks today.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The middle of the defense let us down. Very little push and huge freaking holes on the run and short passes. If it was in our gut, it was a sure first down. Really sad. Take the big gashes up the middle and the short passes just past the line and that is a win.

The offense didn't look great but probably good enough to win.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Linebackers were atrocious..... They are going to have fix the Run defense quick or they may have their Butts handed to them in San Francisco on Thur night.

Carlos Hyde had 124 yards on 15 carries today against the Seahawks today.

There is good news though:
1. SF can't throw the ball; and
2. Hyde doesn't stay healthy for long.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Yeah Barron played like garbage early on and was pulled as a result along with Quinn. When he came back in later I noted him on at least one play filling the hole hard and doing a better job. I don't know man, he's basically just arriving at my expectations at this point but even then I'm hoping Wade can get his head screwed on straight.

Ogletree needs a stout guy next to him, someone who can blow up the occasional block. I don't think that guy's Littleton, but if Barron doesn't improve we're going to find out pretty soon because Wade won't abide poor execution.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Defensensive players are still adjusting to this new scheme . They will improve and learn from this. Tree and barron are still lost at times and the game will slow down as they get more experience. offense looked pretty good for most of the game. That said I think both sides of the ball will get better and the rest of the division has struggled offensively thru 2 weeks. LET'S GO RAMS!! it's week 3 guys lets stay positive!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Another guy I'm going to call out here is Tavon. Not only did he try to get all fancy on that critical return later in the game where he had all kinds of space and failed to use it, but he also sucked pretty bad on a couple key swing pass plays: the first one where he didn't look back when the blitzer ran by him and Goff tried to arc the ball higher as a result (situational awareness fail), and again when Goff scrambled out he just stood there in the flat with his thumb up his posterior and didn't try to scramble open down the sideline until Goff motioned him to which was too late (situational awareness fail).

Dude is just a dumb player. Still. And he's not going to ingratiate himself with a good offensive staff pulling those kinds of stunts and get more snaps until he can start to show some damn brains on the field.

Man where's that Jimmy Johnson vid on dumb players when I need it sigh.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Defensensive players are still adjusting to this new scheme . They will improve and learn from this.

They got flat beat dude. That was man on man domination, prison style, hat on a hat and the Rams defenders across the board couldn't shed a block to save their lives.

McVay can definitely address that too. It's called practice with pads and run game focus. They'd better do that before Thursday vs the 9ers too.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
They got flat beat dude. That was man on man domination, prison style, hat on a hat and the Rams defenders across the board couldn't shed a block to save their lives.

McVay can definitely address that too. It's called practice with pads and run game focus. They'd better do that before Thursday vs the 9ers too.
Up front yes in the first half but the linebackers were constantly playing too aggressive and hitting the wrong lanes.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Another guy I'm going to call out here is Tavon. Not only did he try to get all fancy on that critical return later in the game where he had all kinds of space and failed to use it, but he also sucked pretty bad on a couple key swing pass plays: the first one where he didn't look back when the blitzer ran by him and Goff tried to arc the ball higher as a result (situational awareness fail), and again when Goff scrambled out he just stood there in the flat with his thumb up his posterior and didn't try to scramble open down the sideline until Goff motioned him to which was too late (situational awareness fail).

Dude is just a dumb player. Still. And he's not going to ingratiate himself with a good offensive staff pulling those kinds of stunts and get more snaps until he can start to show some damn brains on the field.

Either Tavon is dumb or just lazy , he didn't sell one of those fakes.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ

This is the guy that made me mad today. On the punt returns, he was always dancing.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
You're reading me wrong brother. I do root for this team. Every freaking day. I want them to be successful so bad. I want the Rams to win, and win big every week just like they used to when I first started liking this team. I want the Rams and winning football to be synonymous again. I want to talk trash to other fans with being able to back it up. I want the Rams to play in a stadium where we have an advantage because of the crowd noise. I don't play fantasy football because I don't care to follow any players unless they're Rams.

So when the Rams come out and play a disappointing game in front of a disappointing crowd, that's when I'm upset.

That's great that you root for the team. The Rams didn't play a disappointing game. They were in it unlit 1:40 into the 4th quarter. They could have done better sure, but it's still a young team with a 1st year HC. You bagging on the fans that didn't go is spiteful to the fans that did go. I was there. I was screaming my lungs out until the end. I can't control who or who doesn't go to the game. I did my part. So yeah I'm gonna get upset when people say it was a home game for the redskins because freak that, the ones who were there made noise when it counted. Also funny how I never saw you post anything when the Rams slaughtered the colts. I only see you post when that Rams lose. Go figure.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is the guy that made me mad today. On the punt returns, he was always dancing.

On the Goff scramble he could have had a huge play just by being aware and working down the sideline to give the kid an outlet. Such a thin line between success and failure at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.