Vent Thread: Redskins@Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
There's still some issues of the past, I guess it's not all on Fisher. Penalties and running/throwing routes short of the sticks on 3rd down.
The "short" routes are designs to "scrape" a defender off and allow the free receiver to run. And it all depends on the execution. Our receivers (wide outs) didn't have a good day today. Drops, non clear outs and over all failure to complete their assignments was depressing. Luckily Gurley offset much w/ his performance. A few more times (to Gurley instead of where he did go.....) and I think we would have won that game.

Hawaii Ram

Rookie
Honest question. On that play where ogleetree slipped and Thompson flat out dropped what would have been a 60+ yard TD to put them up 27-10 would we have come back from that or folded and got blown out?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with your thoughts. One of the reasons I don't like coming around here is that several posters have taken it upon themselves to enforce compulsory positively. The threat of you won't be around here long is always being thrown about. Soviet style happy talk isn't too interesting after a while.

Yea, it's noticeable that you were nowhere to be found last week after the blowout win. There are many members here who express negative opinions, but there's not much patience here for members who are nowhere to be found when things are going well but around to express doom and gloom when things aren't.

If you feel the "Soviet-style" enforcement around here isn't your thing, you're welcome to leave. If you want to stay, great. But you know what the culture is here.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honest question. On that play where ogleetree slipped and Thompson flat out dropped what would have been a 60+ yard TD to put them up 27-10 would we have come back from that or folded and got blown out?

That's a good question. We'll find out as the year goes.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
And how am I insulting anyone? By saying thank you? Wow some people are sensitive.

You insulted every fan by stating
And how am I insulting anyone? By saying thank you? Wow some people are sensitive.

Well let's not skip what you truley said. Thank you for going ALOT OF FANS DIDN'T(which by the way you were on who didn't) then went on to state lots of Redskins fans did right after

Oh and another one of your gems further proves my point

"Oh well. At least all the redskins fans who came out got to watch their team win at home. "

Oh wait

Your upset that's fine I get it. However calling out other fans is never gonna fly here

Antonius

Pro Bowler
I mean how do you even enjoy the sport if you can't root for your team?

You're reading me wrong brother. I do root for this team. Every freaking day. I want them to be successful so bad. I want the Rams to win, and win big every week just like they used to when I first started liking this team. I want the Rams and winning football to be synonymous again. I want to talk trash to other fans with being able to back it up. I want the Rams to play in a stadium where we have an advantage because of the crowd noise. I don't play fantasy football because I don't care to follow any players unless they're Rams.

So when the Rams come out and play a disappointing game in front of a disappointing crowd, that's when I'm upset.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
What if is an easy game to play....... I would like to say we would have....but none of us know.......

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The threat of you won't be around here long is always being thrown about. Soviet style happy talk isn't too interesting after a while.

Yeah, that's why we not only allow vent threads after losses but the mods actually post them themselves, in order to keep everyone in happy horseshit lockstep. :rolleyes: You obviously don't do much reading here. ROD members do plenty of complaining and venting on a daily basis. It's those who have that for their default mechanism that eventually get bounced.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Every team runs and throws routes short of the sticks on 3rd down. The difference now is that ALL our routes aren't short of the sticks on 3rd down.
That's great and all, but it doesn't matter if there are routes further down if the pass is going to the route that is short of the sticks. I agree that the team is in a far better position offensively, but it still seems to be a common thing for this team, there were a few in both games.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's great and all, but it doesn't matter if there are routes further down if the pass is going to the route that is short of the sticks. I agree that the team is in a far better position offensively, but it still seems to be a common thing for this team, there were a few in both games.

Eh, I think Goff rushed that throw to Watkins, but with Watkins's YAC ability, it's defensible. Right before halftime, Goff tried to force something past the sticks, held onto the ball too long, and got stripped from behind. That's the risk with the other side of the coin.

I think throwing short of the marker is the right call in a lot of circumstances. For example, when you have Gurley open in the flat or Kupp a yard short of the marker, I'd give them a chance to make a play and try to get the first. Sometimes, the defense simply takes away passes past the stick. However, like I said, I do think he was too quick to throw to Watkins on that 3rd down play.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we learn from this game regarding penalties and stopping the run then that's fine.

We can play winning ball with this team but only if Trumaine is back. If he's going to miss extended time then we are going to see suckage.

I'm replacing Barron. He is an absolute liability in run defense vs
Teams like the redskins.
Barron played way better than Ogletree. I'm a huge fan of the guy but it was obvious he was ineffective

Ram65

Legend
Ran right at them and around them. Didn't the Skins do that another game not too long ago.

Nice comeback but Woods and the rest of the penalties in the 4th quarter were bad. Penalty on punt return too could have been on the 46 yard line.

I wasn't sure what the Rams were before the game. They are better and the injuries to the secondary hurt at the end. Don't know if Quinn and Donald seeing limited action hurt but, the defense needs work.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
The "short" routes are designs to "scrape" a defender off and allow the free receiver to run. And it all depends on the execution. Our receivers (wide outs) didn't have a good day today. Drops, non clear outs and over all failure to complete their assignments was depressing. Luckily Gurley offset much w/ his performance. A few more times (to Gurley instead of where he did go.....) and I think we would have won that game.
I get that, it was the plan for 3rd downs all last season, and when it's executed correctly it works. My issue, if I even have an issue, is that it seems to be the first read and the receivers are usually covered, 2-3 times in both games and it only worked once.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I get that, it was the plan for 3rd downs all last season, and when it's executed correctly it works. My issue, if I even have an issue, is that it seems to be the first read and the receivers are usually covered, 2-3 times in both games and it only worked once.
And I think you are right. Since teams have a tendency to "guard" the first down marker, it's quite a bit easier to try and develop a rub, than get beyond the sticks and get open.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
However, like I said, I do think he was too quick to throw to Watkins on that 3rd down play.
I think that is whats getting to me. I think Washington did a good job in pass coverage today and it showed. Goff looked rushed on that play and he seemed a little hesitant to throw it on others, back to back scrambles on one drive in the opponents territory. Watkins beat his man on that play.

I don't think that throwing short on 3rd is a bad thing, I just don't want it to be like last season where that's the plan every time. I think it happened about 3 times against the Colts and worked only once.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff leaving his receivers out to dry

Blue font not working from my phone

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
And I think you are right. Since teams have a tendency to "guard" the first down marker, it's quite a bit easier to try and develop a rub, than get beyond the sticks and get open.
On the throw to Watkins, he beat Norman but it was the other defender who broke off his coverage to make the play at the line. It's a tendency from last season that I would assume that opposing teams watch for.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
On the throw to Watkins, he beat Norman but it was the other defender who broke off his coverage to make the play at the line. It's a tendency from last season that I would assume that opposing team watch for.
while I hear what you are saying and do not disagree....... I don't think anyone is studying last year's offense and trying to get tendencies off that........ quite a bit of difference in the 2 yds and a cloud of dust offense from last year......

Status
Not open for further replies.