Vent Thread: Redskins@Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We brought a safety into the box and changed up our personnel. It's one of the reasons that we held them to 7 in the second half.

This. The defense played MUCH better against the run in the 2nd half, and we shut them out until that last drive of the game. The time of possession issues were on the defense IMO, so no matter how you slice it, their fault - but you could argue that the TD drive by the Skins was a result of the defense being tired - so even though it's their fault either way, you could definitely tell they were playing much better in the 2nd half.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Boy, I had a bunch of quotes yesterday....from page 1 to page 5...then I had to go...but I erased them....ahh shucks....anyhoots...haven't WATCHED the entire game....heard a bunch on the radio...saw the first quarter...and wasn't pleased....
Oh well so you either have a crystal ball or you're a genius football mind so superior apparently over the professional coaches that do this for a living!?
Why didn't you inform everyone of this last week!? You heard it hear, no need to watch anymore games!!
This is a joke, this is exactly why people don't come on these fans sites!
Vent thread and you wanna attack a poster? Because his opinion...what, doesn't vibe with what you saw? Or you wanted it last week during the celebrating of killing Indy?

I actually think controversy bring folks to the sites...Hell, give me some numbers mods....how has attendance grown since I came up in here??? Still waiting for Coach0 and Hammer to return. LOLOLOL

The guy that played on the same field the night before will be better than Goff on Day 1.
Boy, I got a feeling you could be right.

Fellas....QB-ing 101....Look for guys that can WIN games in college. Big games...and be the main reason...no matter what errors occurred before....no matter how many penalties he has to overcome...no matter how much pressure he's under...how the receivers play...just win...If the defense gives up a td....you go score a td...big arm....scrambler...whatever it takes.

His cramp stuck us with a guy who shouldn't have been on the field on the most critical drive of the game.
I agree....a cramp...a cramp....$17 million and he's not in shape. Geez! and I like tru....but more to your point....Kevin Peterson shouldn't have been on the field....shouldn't have been on the team...corners that run 4.6 have trouble staying with receivers in the NFL...

Ogletree and Barron are not the run stopping mlb's this defense needs. I predicted that from the day Phillips was hired and this game reinforces that opinion.
Not sure about Ogletree...I believe he can develop the technique to shed blockers quickly....he was awful these last two games....I do agree about Barron....he's not an ILB....he's really not a LB at all...but at least from the WLB position he could flow to the play with less...less obstacles in front of him...less blockers to challenge...And....since Mo looks like SS is foreign to him, lets move Barron to SS....see if he can dominate the game from there...earn his $9 million....before we just get rid of one of the better defenders on the team.

Desperately need better OLB pass rush. So the entire LB Corp needs a revamp this off-season.
Wow....and we have 10...and you like none? LOL

I still like Longacre...I think Samson is a player...Barwin and Quinn need another chance to prove they can or can't set the edge and pressure consistently....

I actually think the ILB's will play better with a serious NT/NG in front of them...

only rams fans would put Mcvay on the hot seat after two games ,,,sheesh
McVay is tied to the success of the team....if we didn't win another game...imagine, a guy almost every fan loves....would probably be fired...and he wouldn't deserve it...strange game this pro football. Penalties and personnel decisions may have cost us this game...and those responsibilities lie directly on the HC.

My vent....just looks like we're not close to being a playoff team...looks like we'll have to get rid of a bunch of FA's...and expiring contracts...of guys I think can play...and and....well...that game was poorly played, but still winnable...and someone...not known for winning big games....help lose it on first down....on a play I hate....4 receivers all running 5 yard out patterns...so many things changed, and so many things remain the same.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It just dawned on me why these threads are so familiar! It's just like watching ArsenalFanTV!

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Tavon is a savant with the ball in his hands but mentally challenged without it. It's so frustrating. He's such a talented kid, but he just can't think on his feet unless he's got the ball.

Yup, I had high hopes for him 2 or 3 years ago anyway. I doubt seriously that he'll be around next season.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@LACHAMP46
There in lies the problem. From top to bottom this was a good 4/3 defense. Hiring a 3/4 DC meant a defensive line rebuild.

I agree with most of your suggestions. Give Mo the bench and try Barron at SS. Get a real wide NT to clog the middle.

I don't know if Ebukam will be a decent OLB but Quinn has never been good at setting the edge and Barwin looks over the hill.

Ogletree has had trouble shedding blocks since college. There is no reason to think he can learn to do it now.

Good corners are a must. They need at least one more. I am not impressed with NRC. Tru didn't look good yesterday and who knows. Snead is going to have to be a magician or the Rams are going to have to outscore everyone, which isn't easy with a rookie QB.

PS Whitworth gave up his first sack in a long time. Maybe he is closer to the end than we figured. So add every OLine position needing replaced in the next three years. Saffold is aging, Sullivan is not good, Brown sucks, maybe Robbie can move inside. OLT, OLB and corner are premiere positions that are tough to fill unless a team is losing consistently for the next few years. Signing free agents to fill all of those holes is not possible under the cap.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think the OLB's are fine. Just a game ago Quinn and Barwin were making big plays. But I do think they get replaced in the offseason due to the fact that you can find edge rushers late in the draft
For cheap.

Olgletree will be fine. He needs to learn from this game and become a better inside run defender. But I've never been one to want to give him a big contract, just because he's never been a true inside LB.

I don't think he gets signed to a big contract with the Rams. Ogletree has never been a block shudder.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I actually think controversy bring folks to the sites...Hell, give me some numbers mods....how has attendance grown since I came up in here???

We lost some good members during the relocation mess but then gained even more back. We're doing quite well. That's why we've had to upgrade servers in order to accommodate the increasing number of fans coming here.

Still waiting for Coach0 and Hammer to return.

We don't want anyone here who doesn't play well with others.

…..

Legend
I actually think controversy bring folks to the sites...Hell, give me some numbers mods....how has attendance grown since I came up in here??? .

The numbers are in

1,246 people have joined ROD since you joined, so thats great.

Unfortuantely, over all participation is down 18% since you started to actually post.

Its similar to the Rams saying they sold 65,000 tickets and we see 32,000 people show up.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

:rimshot:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
1,246 people have joined ROD since you joined, so thats great.

Unfortunately, over all participation is down 18% since you started to actually post.
Now I'M conflicted.....and confused...

Welp...I'll just keep doin what I do......LOLOLOL

really had me laughing dog...thanks for this.....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now I'M conflicted.....and confused...

Welp...I'll just keep doin what I do......LOLOLOL

really had me laughing dog...thanks for this.....
Interesting numbers, I joined and really didn't post for a year until after I joined.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I usually stay the hell out of these Vent Threads completely, but I must get this out...

I pray that we are not assigned that crew in the booth again to call our games. They fucking sucked ass... especially Chris Spielman. Talk about clueless. Both of those clowns were just beyond terrible. I turned the sound off completely halfway through the 3rd quarter.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I didn't like a few things:
1. The flat passes, Screens and slant passes.......why the hell is this always left open in every Rams defensive scheme?
2. Run game - still slow everywhere
3. Tavon Austin - Come on man!
4. Mo Alexander - Do you need glasses to see angles?

Goff didn't bother me besides the last pass, but honestly.....if every fan, Redskins player, announcer and ref knew that Goff was throwing to Kupp, then why was that play called up by McVay?

Defense issues - I kept seeing the 2nd tier players getting caught out of place mostly because other players were not doing their jobs. Not every time, but a lot. Ogletree and Barron were both victims and culprits of this.

Ram65

Legend
On the Goff scramble he could have had a huge play just by being aware and working down the sideline to give the kid an outlet. Such a thin line between success and failure at this level.

I would like to see that play again. I saw him standing there and thought he should be moving. I thought there was a defender down field. He could cut into the middle of the field. Everett made a great move down field to get open on his big play. Rams need to practice those fire drills as Goff has been buying time.

Status
Not open for further replies.