Vent Thread: Redskins@Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay I've had time to breathe. Now I can think straight. Honestly, this is a frustrating loss but you can see the progress. The Rams battled back from 13 down when they would be bowed out last year, our offense scored 20 points despite not having the ball often, and our defense did manage to improve as the game went on. Young teams lose games like this sometimes. It was an improved performance overall.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Few things I noticed
1. I could park my 2016 Kia optima in the holes the D left open for the rb's.
2. I know its early, very early, but I'm worried the Gaines/Watkins trade might bite us in the ass. We NEED Gaines now, i believe Watkins is more of a luxury.
3. Missed assignments. So many missed assignments.
4. Penalties
5. Woods
6. Terrible tackling
7. Did Quinn even play today?

Quite a bit more but you get the picture. To be fair though, we kept it close with the misques, which means alot.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Thanks for the offer.
Mr. Moderator, Let me make a suggestion and I mean this seriously. Why don't you guys put together several pages of what you think is suitable. Go so far as to post examples and open it for discussion and managements interpretations. The constant talk of "we don't like negativity" is entirely subjective.

Show this man to the Pit of Misery!

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Can't wait for Thursday... 9'rs right, 9'rs left and 9'rs up the gut - all night long.... :(

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Phillip Rivers has a lot to do with that.

My son, who is a Skins fans, :puke: was at the game. He got the tickets from one of our members, the ever generous @RedRam , who is also my brother. Anyway he called me right after the game. He said the section he was in was a sea of Skins jerseys. :mrburns:

He didn't call to rub it in, did he? Better not...:boxing:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I think we have an undersized defense in our transition to the 3-4. And today we got manhandled by some monster O-linemen.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
He didn't call to rub it in, did he? Better not...:boxing:

No, I called him right after the game and he called me back. He went with a friend of his instead of who we thought he was taking, so there's that. ;)

He said the Rams don't seem to totally trust Goff yet and when they did he blew it.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I actually asked in chat before the game what the Washington running game was like. I didn't like what I saw last week with the Colts on Run D. I was afraid of run D today, but still lost my butt as I took our beloved Rams. We may be in trouble with run D folks. I hope not..

Zero

Pro Bowler
On the Goff scramble he could have had a huge play just by being aware and working down the sideline to give the kid an outlet. Such a thin line between success and failure at this level.
That is the play that really ticked me off.We had a rookie who had a huge play doing this
and your telling me a veteran hasn't got enough sense to understand what was happening
on the play..Very sad indeed.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Another guy I'm going to call out here is Tavon. Not only did he try to get all fancy on that critical return later in the game where he had all kinds of space and failed to use it, but he also sucked pretty bad on a couple key swing pass plays: the first one where he didn't look back when the blitzer ran by him and Goff tried to arc the ball higher as a result (situational awareness fail), and again when Goff scrambled out he just stood there in the flat with his thumb up his posterior and didn't try to scramble open down the sideline until Goff motioned him to which was too late (situational awareness fail).

Dude is just a dumb player. Still. And he's not going to ingratiate himself with a good offensive staff pulling those kinds of stunts and get more snaps until he can start to show some damn brains on the field.

Man where's that Jimmy Johnson vid on dumb players when I need it sigh.

Tavon is a savant with the ball in his hands but mentally challenged without it. It's so frustrating. He's such a talented kid, but he just can't think on his feet unless he's got the ball.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
just a cramp, we came out of this game healthy. knock on wood

I'm still pissed. His cramp stuck us with a guy who shouldn't have been on the field on the most critical drive of the game. It resulted in the game-losing TD.

WvuIN02

Starter
After watching a couple weeks there is simple no place for Austin in McVays traditional kind of offense. Time for both sides to move on at this point.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
More of a disappointing game than one that left me angry at our coaches, in contrast to years past.

The big thing was the defense getting run over like pavement under a steamroller in the first half. Some decent adjustments in the 2nd half, but I wonder how the Redskins losing their main RB might have affected that.

The biggest disappointment about the D today though was that the folded like a cheap card table on the two biggest drives of the game - right before the half, and right after the Rams had fought back to a tie. TruJo being out at the end was killer, and for a cramp? Take some friggin' Midol and get the hell back in there, gut it out if you have to. Geezus t!ts.

Also, while I can't blame the refs for this loss, I do want to close my vent by saying F--- You, Jerome Booger. Die.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
No, I called him right after the game and he called me back. He went with a friend of his instead of who we thought he was taking, so there's that. ;)

He said the Rams don't seem to totally trust Goff yet and when they did he blew it.
I'm glad he had a good time!

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Might have been a win if the officals called a fair game. that last drive they got crappy with Woods and took it out on the Rams.

Can't put in the hands of the Ref's, simple as that. Woods knows better and he owned it after the game

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Barron Tree major low lights at MLB. Littleton looked better than Barron on the few snaps he played. I would consider giving Littleton more reps at practice this week. Barron's gotta get it together or he will be the defenses version of Tavon this offseason.

I was thinking of giving Hager more snaps. He's more of a run stuff then littleton I think. Littleton is 226 lbs too.. But ya need to start giving others some snaps moving forward. We can't be door mats

I didnt see many 2nd half adjustments by the D. I think Son of Bum was out coached. I dont think our D was over matched.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didnt see many 2nd half adjustments by the D. I think Son of Bum was out coached. I dont think our D was over matched.

We brought a safety into the box and changed up our personnel. It's one of the reasons that we held them to 7 in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.