Vent Thread: Redskins@Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramzheart

Rookie
The team isn't very good, some will see the fools gold early because of a very easy schedule. Goff is no different, he'll have his moments against weak teams, but against good teams he'll be terrible.
McVay still deserves time, the team is better and more talented than last year's. Not hating, or negative, it just is what it is.
Oh well so you either have a crystal ball or you're a genius football mind so superior apparently over the professional coaches that do this for a living!?
Why didn't you inform everyone of this last week!? You heard it hear, no need to watch anymore games!!
This is a joke, this is exactly why people don't come on these fans sites!
I recommend backing a team that's worthy of your attention!
Lastly, easy schedule??!

Go Rams!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Oh well so you either have a crystal ball or you're a genius football mind so superior apparently over the professional coaches that do this for a living!?
Why didn't you inform everyone of this last week!? You heard it hear, no need to watch anymore games!!
This is a joke, this is exactly why people don't come on these fans sites!
I recommend backing a team that's worthy of your attention!
Lastly, easy schedule??!

Go Rams!
This is the vent thread, dude.
Best to avoid these if you don't want to hear people vent.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Im in line to catch metro back to santa Monica. Great game but the defense was gassed. Goff interception didn't help his reputation. Im still hoping for a good season. Hang in there rams bros

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Well, as frustrating as the out come was, I think there are some positives to take from the game. The biggest one was when it looked like the Redskins were going to open the flood gates, the Rams fought back. Second, Gurley didn't pout after his initial fumble. He came back and played hard. The team showed some resiliency when it looked like it was going to cave in. I said this many times, this team is going to have its ups and downs. There will be games we will feel like we are a potential playoff team, only to have our heart ripped out by losses such as this. Damn frustrating but I see some really good things ahead. The team needs to continue building from these first two games.

Now, I do have a couple things which concern me. First, the amount of penalties, seemingly at critical times in the game. Woods changed the outcome of our last scoring drive. IMO, if we would have scored a TD we win the game. Second, the defense did not show up today. There is no way our front seven should have been manhandled that badly in the run game. The defense was very pedestrian today. I honestly thought the defense would keep us in games until the offense started to gel, and unfortunately not today.

Washington played with a sense of urgency where it appeared all we had to do was show up and everything would click like Week 1. We have a short week until Thursday's game with the Whiners. They need to put this game behind them quickly. Also, I watched some of the Whiners-Seachicks game and I did notice one big thing. The Whiner's bring it defensively. We better get ready for a street fight. Plus, the defense better be ready for a steady dose of Carlos Hyde because they will use the same game plan the Redskins used today. It will be interesting to see how they respond on Thursday, and on the road for the first time.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
Oh wait is right becausE a lot of us who lost our voice aint putting up with your BS.

Thank you for going to the game. A lot of Rams fans didn't. A ton of Redskins fans did. Am I wrong? Instead of seeing a sea of white or blue in the stands, was it not red?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well this same ol song and dance can only last so long. He technically isn't rookie status, and if these rookie mistakes tend to get us then what? Yes, the entire team f'd up, but Goff relies too much on 2 entity bring Kupp you got other options use them. Don't really want a QB whos limited. He needs to be more diverse, but yeah the loss isn't just on him.

I've got bad news. He's going to make mistakes. He's going to throw interceptions. He's a second-year QB and human. This team needs to be good enough to win despite that. Today, we weren't. The defense played poorly in the first half, and Gurley's fumble early on really hurt us. Goff completed passes to 8 different receivers today. Losing Everett really hurt us because we was having his way with Washington. At the end of the day, Goff will have some great games, some good games, some average games, and some bad games. That's the reality of having a young QB.

But I'm not even remotely discouraged after today. Goff did a lot of good things and didn't make a lot of mistakes.

Kevin61

UDFA
Name
Kevin
I'm sorry that the sky is falling, but Goff still finished the game with good numbers even after factoring in the stupid INT he throw. There's no excuse for the INT. He can't make that mistake. But he's 22 years old. He'll learn and improve. Regardless, prior to that, he had played a good game. That TD pass that Woods dropped was a gorgeous throw (it would have been called back anyways). The long pass to Everett was a great decision after he extended the play.

The two big complaints I have with him right now are:
1. Don't lock onto Kupp. He's tending to do that.
2. Look for Gurley on checkdowns. The Redskins were leaving him open often today. There were a few 2nd down passes he tried to force down the field when he had an easy 5-7 yards to Gurley in the flat.

But he's a young QB. The vast majority of NFL QBs don't come into their own until 26 to 29 years old (generally, it's their age-27 season).

When the pressure was on, Goff did what he's done from day one, he stared down one receiver. This is something he has been coached on since last year. Sure he can make throws under the right circumstances, but it takes more than that to be a good NFL QB. The guy that played on the same field the night before will be better than Goff on Day 1. If things go as I think they may, we might have a shot at him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Barron Tree major low lights at MLB. Littleton looked better than Barron on the few snaps he played. I would consider giving Littleton more reps at practice this week. Barron's gotta get it together or he will be the defenses version of Tavon this offseason.

I'm afraid Barron isn't going to get it together. He's just a bad fit in there, dude gets lost in traffic and engulfed by just about any blocker that gets a hat on him.

Not sure Littleton will be any better tbh. I'd like to stick Ebukam in there, even though he's more an edge guy, because I think he's got the kind of strength you need next to another weakside/chase guy in Ogletree.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This team needs to rally around this ass kicking. Yes, it was an ass kicking. Let's hope they learn. That defense was surprising awful. Goff was Goff.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Well this same ol song and dance can only last so long. He technically isn't rookie status, and if these rookie mistakes tend to get us then what? Yes, the entire team f'd up, but Goff relies too much on 2 entity bring Kupp you got other options use them. Don't really want a QB whos limited. He needs to be more diverse, but yeah the loss isn't just on him.
The loss isn't on him at all. Yes he threw a crap int in a situation he shouldn't but there were MANY other extenuating factors that weren't him that cost us this game

Ellard80

Legend
Goff has looked better.. but wow wow wow wooooooooowww was that last read/throw really bad.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Thank you for going to the game. A lot of Rams fans didn't. A ton of Redskins fans did. Am I wrong? Instead of seeing a sea of white or blue in the stands, was it not red?
Sure, there were a lot of redskins fans not gonna lie but to those of us who went to the game it is spiteful to think the redskins had a 'home' game especially if you call yourself a Rams fan.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny, granted I got tired of reading this thread too much Whining going on, but the one player that really annoyed me today hasn't been mentioned by anybody. Mo Alexander was bad. At least Tree made some positive plays same with Woods. Mo just looked bad all game long.

Kentuckyrams

Pro Bowler
I feel better about the offense - O line can be improved and hopefully Goff will learn to use his eyes more. Goff is not ready to lead an epic comeback. Still, I can't say the offense lost this game. They had two turnovers and some awful penalties, though.

The D concerns me - I think they've been overrated for a while. If you look at actual numbers, they've been average. I'm also not sure they're built for the 3-4 with this personnel, especially at LB. Secondary depth is razor thin, too, as you could see quickly when Tru went out, and with Webster hurting. LB, CB, and SS all could use an upgrade based on today. We'll know more about this D after the next three weeks. Hate to think of Dallas' O line and running game against this D.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure, there were a lot of redskins fans not gonna lie but to those of us who went to the game it is spiteful to think the redskins had a 'home' game especially if you call yourself a Rams fan.
The stadium looked pretty packed, LA was being fashionably late it seems. Also I think the red he was seeing might have been the random empty seats as they're mostly red seats there aren't they?

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Did you come on here just to insult people's Fandom if that's the case you won't be here long

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I don't see the need to vent. Mostly a positive game. D didn't come through for you guys, but that was after an immaculate performance last week so the stories still out on what the Rams D will be.

Offense is looking passable. If they continue improving I see good things in the future for y'all.

Really it doesn't seem like anything but a hotly contested game going to the wire. Someone had to lose, it was the Rams. Still a very positive outing.

Can't blow out everyone and if you were expecting this team to suddenly explode because they victimized a Tolzien led Colts team you led yourself to disappointment.

I'm interested in watching to see if they improve or not.

Hawaii Ram

Rookie
Couple things I wanna see is more Ebukam. I dunno where to play him but I want him on the field more. Also wanna see a few more long balls to Sammy Watkins. Loosen up the defense a little more so they won't be able to sit on the underneath routes as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.