Vent Thread: Redskins@Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Defense got trucked. Thought they were elite, oh well another season another same old defense that is good one week bad the next.

Offense did some good things, they are definitely much improved. Woods should be ashamed of himself, dude was a dumb player today on the field. Also Goff needs to learn to look off receivers, he regressed a bit on some of the plays where he telegraphed things and the Skins just read his eyes all day.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Gonna agree with people on Ogletree. He needs to get his head out of his ass. After the missed field goal drive, Hekker pinned the Skins inside their own five. On second down, Vernon Davis takes a screen and Ebukam takes the sideline from him. If Ogletree takes a decent angle this is a minimal gain. Instead, his angle is so bad he doesn't even make an attempt on a tackle and Davis gets a first down and gives the Skins breathing room.

He had gaffs last week as well. He really needs to focus and work on his technique. Fisher let him run wild with no direction and he relies on his athleticism for everything. That's coming back to bite this team in the ass.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
It was what I worried about. Being quick usually means you are giving something up. And size in the middle was it. We are built to defend the pass. But today, we got ran over and couldn't get back out of the hole. I liked the fight.......but sometimes it's just too big to come back. I knew we were in trouble when we couldn't get them off the field on their last scoring drive. But.....we did some good things but we have to get better
On to the Whiners.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Barwin doesn't exist and Quinn is just a shell of his old self[/QUOTE]
Quinn hasn't existed for 3 years now . Same move and runs himself out of every play .

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The team isn't very good, some will see the fools gold early because of a very easy schedule. Goff is no different, he'll have his moments against weak teams, but against good teams he'll be terrible.
McVay still deserves time, the team is better and more talented than last year's. Not hating, or negative, it just is what it is.

I'm sorry that the sky is falling, but Goff still finished the game with good numbers even after factoring in the stupid INT he throw. There's no excuse for the INT. He can't make that mistake. But he's 22 years old. He'll learn and improve. Regardless, prior to that, he had played a good game. That TD pass that Woods dropped was a gorgeous throw (it would have been called back anyways). The long pass to Everett was a great decision after he extended the play.

The two big complaints I have with him right now are:
1. Don't lock onto Kupp. He's tending to do that.
2. Look for Gurley on checkdowns. The Redskins were leaving him open often today. There were a few 2nd down passes he tried to force down the field when he had an easy 5-7 yards to Gurley in the flat.

But he's a young QB. The vast majority of NFL QBs don't come into their own until 26 to 29 years old (generally, it's their age-27 season).

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Everybody blaming Barron and AO looked lost out there he gave up on plays all day, whiffed on tackles and just plain gave up on some plays. Like I said before you can't pay a d-tackle 20m they don't win games

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
No shame in losing--the redskins have a great offensive line

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I can't believe I let myself get fooled by this team again
They are way better than last year. You were only fooled if you though the team was going 0 to 100 right away. It will take time, but they are already better than they were. They were going down 17 - 0 but they fought back and held them to 3 points. Came all the way back and tied the score. This team never could do that under Fisher. So look for the positives. Unless of course you bet on the Rams, which I would suggest to all fans of any team, don't do that, but if you did, no positives what so ever.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Defense isn't good enough. We can only stop the run if we sell out to do so.

Team depth isn't good enough.

Goff's isn't good enough. He's made strides but locks onto receivers. The commentators were right on that point, as much as I hate to say it.

Team discipline isn't good enough.

Woods has a few more games before I want his targets going elsewhere.

Austin is a gadget player. So he won't be a factor every single game. But McVay needs to figure out how to use him. He's a weapon. So far he's been invisible.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
Oh well. At least all the redskins fans who came out got to watch their team win at home.

Oh wait

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
What do you think of our four starting LB'ers today ?

Quinn- former all pro $10.7 million cap cost

Barwin- former all pro

Barron- $11 million paid to him this season

Ogletree- Looking for long term nice contract any day.....

Mick

Pro Bowler
Time of possession isn't a stat I always put a lot of weight into, but the defense was out there for way too long.

Can't wait for the new stadium to be built. Sick of seeing the condition of this turf.

Got a short week. Thursday night against a bad team in the Niners. Should win that and help us forget this one.

2-1 would be nice.
I think the D being out there too long was not due to the O sucking, like the past few years, but because they got run over, literally, for long drives. I'm gonna take the positive from that, and say the O is going to be fine, and that'll pay off for the D.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Just looked up and saw the Skins were only 5/13 on 3rd down for 38%. Didn't feel that way.

Regardless, they had nearly 37 minutes T.O.P. Kirk didn't serve up any turnovers like he did last week to his credit. Defense just couldn't get off the field consistently enough.

Penalties also sucked a big one. No more Jerome B. Please.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Surprised to see that defense get absolutely worked. That is a bad sign for this team. On to Thursday.

jjab360

Legend
Oh well. At least all the redskins fans who came out got to watch their team win at home.

Oh wait
How we were outnumbered or at least sounded outnumbered all the way across the country is baffling to me

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If that's what were going to get from woods.. should just release him and play cooper more.

Woods hasn't really delivered much but he's a solid possession option. They just should have sat him down after the big penalty. And I want to see more of Reynolds out there, too. I think Watkins/Reynolds/Kupp could be pretty dynamic.

The defense was out there to long because THEY couldn't stop the run. You can't blame that Stat on the offense this time

Absolutely. They got beat 1 on 1 all over the field. It was an @$$ whoopin but to their credit as a team overall they made a game out of it still somehow.

The two big complaints I have with him right now are:
1. Don't lock onto Kupp. He's tending to do that.
2. Look for Gurley on checkdowns. The Redskins were leaving him open often today. There were a few 2nd down passes he tried to force down the field when he had an easy 5-7 yards to Gurley in the flat.

3. Use your eyes wisely. Goff didn't do a good job of that today. He did some good things, but he has to work on eye control and using them to sell certain plays like the screen that got blown up when he watched the target or him straight tracking Kupp when he's the primary read.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
There's no excuse for the INT. He can't make that mistake. But he's 22 years old. He'll learn and improve. Regardless, prior to that, he had played a good game.
Well this same ol song and dance can only last so long. He technically isn't rookie status, and if these rookie mistakes tend to get us then what? Yes, the entire team f'd up, but Goff relies too much on 2 entity bring Kupp you got other options use them. Don't really want a QB whos limited. He needs to be more diverse, but yeah the loss isn't just on him.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Barron Tree major low lights at MLB. Littleton looked better than Barron on the few snaps he played. I would consider giving Littleton more reps at practice this week. Barron's gotta get it together or he will be the defenses version of Tavon this offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.