Vent Thread: Redskins@Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Might have been a win if the officals called a fair game. that last drive they got crappy with Woods and took it out on the Rams.
gotta face facts bro, we didn't deserve to win allowing those soul crushing runs for first downs STRAIGHT up the gut. My freakin' God, you CANNOT win in the NFL allowing that. You just can't

fearsomefour

Legend
If you can't stop the run you will suck.
End of story.
Will see a lot more running right at our MLBs going forward. Hyde has to be licking his chops.
Seemed to be confusion with the D early in the game.
Ogletree had maybe his worst game as a pro.
Terrible all the way around. So many missed tackles. Bad tackling all over the place.
Quinn was bad too early, giving up the edge a couple of times, then disappeared.
Rams largely shut them down the second half until they needed to stop the run of course, then were helpless.
Havenstein is a liability. Got a couple of flags and got away with holds all day that weren't called, just hanging on all day.
Offense was hit and miss.
Woods isent nearly good enough to commit penalties.
Very disappointing game. This was Fisher-ish in the sense that this was an opportunity to make a statement and have a shot at 3-0....they looked pathetic instead.
If the Rams don't get the run D tightened down it will be a long year.
As a fan of a team that has been the worst in the league for a long long time I wasn't buying the kool-aid that the ship turned around with one win. But, even 8-8 is ok and probably about where this team is if things don't tighten up.
Austin....jet sweeps and runs.
So, nothing really in the passing game. So, no real way to use him in the middle of the field or in space in the passing game I guess?
That Whiner game looks a hell of a lot tougher now. Just beat the Fing Whiners. Hyde could go off against this soft ass run D.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Disappointing but at least were competitive again. Donald was being held badly on that last Skins drive and nothing was called. It was so blatant on that big 3rd down. If not being held he would have destroyed Cousins and there drive. I really hope we dont see Bogers crew for a long time. They never call games fair or in our favor it seems.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
If this team loses to the Niners, a team that still hasn't scored a TD and has Hoyer at QB, then it's a time to panic.

This Skins Defense is better than San Frans as well. I like the Rams chances.

Until the Rams figure out how to win consistently, every game is a toss-up for me. That's how I've looked at it for over a decade now.

TexasRam

Legend
If we learn from this game regarding penalties and stopping the run then that's fine.

We can play winning ball with this team but only if Trumaine is back. If he's going to miss extended time then we are going to see suckage.

I'm replacing Barron. He is an absolute liability in run defense vs
Teams like the redskins.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Time of possession isn't a stat I always put a lot of weight into, but the defense was out there for way too long.

Can't wait for the new stadium to be built. Sick of seeing the condition of this turf.

Got a short week. Thursday night against a bad team in the Niners. Should win that and help us forget this one.

2-1 would be nice.

The defense was out there to long because THEY couldn't stop the run. You can't blame that Stat on the offense this time

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My biggest complaint is that I have to wait 4 days to see this team play again.
Losing sucks but when was the last time a Rams team came out flat, got murdered for a half and tied the game up late?
Gurley is back. Goff will learn.
Don't know what to say about the D.
Barwin doesn't exist and Quinn is just a shell of his old self

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
So defensively I would say I was pretty disappointed all around. Nothing worse than getting run on and giving up big plays on the run. Too fucking easy. Receivers running wide fucking open with miles in front of them after the catch. Wade has got to get there act together. I am not so sure Tree is that good of a middle LB. He got blocked a lot today, and that wiff on Davis was horrible.
Offense I was pretty happy with a lot of it. Woods needs to play like the professional he was billed to be and pull his head out of his ass. Goff I thought looked good. He moved out of the pocket and hit Woods right in the hands in the end zone. Earlier he did the same and got it to Everette. He had his first big teaching moment with the interception. His habit of telegraphing his throws has been brought up a lot. Sometimes you have to learn the hard way. I think he did way more good than bad. He made good decisions ( except of course the last one) and got the ball to the play makers. He looks like he is going to be real good. Probably sooner than later.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
The defense was out there to long because THEY couldn't stop the run. You can't blame that Stat on the offense this time

I'm not necessarily blaming the offense. The defense was part of its own problem today. Couldn't get off on 3rd down. I don't know the conversion stats for the skins, but I would guess over 50% with how it felt watching it. That's not good.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Not even saying this as an overreacting fan bc honestly, at this point I'm kind of numb to should-be wins that turn into losses, but this is why I NEVER drink the kool-aid.

Too many deficiencies to highlight, but this was certainly disappointing. Really bumming right now, but hopefully HOPEFULLY we can take care of the 9ers.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ogletree was lost all day.. he is lucky he didn't give up a 75 yard touchdown in the 3rd quarter..

If that's what were going to get from woods.. should just release him and play cooper more.
Ogltree was terrible ran in the wrong gaps all day

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
It is rare to still have a shot to take the lead late in a game where you have already yielded +200 yards rushing.

It will be a long year if that kind of performance is regularly repeated.

I was worried about the DL after losing Hayes, then Easley.

Offensive attack strategy and execution already looks vastly improved.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't get the angst though I didn't see the game.

We KNEW we would be inconsistent early with new systems on O and D.

We KNEW that the D would take time to gel with AD only just back from holding out.

Down by 13 early, this young team took it to the wire?

If that's not progress, I dunno what is.

Okay, vent on, I guess.

Some people are reacting emotionally to a disappointing loss. I think most of them will have a different outlook tomorrow. I agree this team is improved. But they still have a ways to go. Goff has 9 career starts. He's essentially still a rookie. He's clearly better and that mistake will be part of the learning process.

The big difference between this year's team and last years to me, I did not have that hopeless feeling after we fell behind 13-0 and 20-10. I actually thought we had a chance. I never felt like that last season. Even when we were down one score in the second half.

All in all, this team is better and the arrow is pointing up. We'll have some more disappointing losses but I feel much better about the future of this team than I did at the end of last season. I think Goff will be just fine.

fearsomefour

Legend
Same team as we ever were. We're gonna find a way to lose. And Goff didn't even try to scan the field on that last throw. No point in having a safety blanket if the defense knows you won't throw the ball anywhere else
We are off the pace there.....NO ONE FINDS A WAY TO LOSE LIKE THE CHARGERS.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
The team isn't very good, some will see the fools gold early because of a very easy schedule. Goff is no different, he'll have his moments against weak teams, but against good teams he'll be terrible.
McVay still deserves time, the team is better and more talented than last year's. Not hating, or negative, it just is what it is.

Nice vent and you're in the right place. Good job spewing....

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Like the direction we're heading, we were competitive but made too many mistakes and the refs were looking for them.

Refs missed plenty on the Redskins but got us every time.

Bad throw by Goff at the end but up until then played a very good game.

Great to see Gurley II back in some form too.

Status
Not open for further replies.