Vent Thread: Eagles@Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We definitely got away from Gurley at times.

Lots to learn from.

Having Woods back will sure help.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
D was on the field way too much. Way to much. Now the teams is banged up, going to be a tough end of the season with 2 of the 3 on the road, and SF playing much better.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
First of all---the Rams lost to a very good football team. Wentz is special. The defense just got gassed at the end.

The refs WERE a problem. The call on Johnson was ridiculous. The lack of holding calls when Eagles linemen were hugging the Rams D linemen was a joke. I know I know--they can call holding on every play. Well in this case it really WAS holding on every play. Call it until it isn't so frigging obvious they're doing it.

In any case--I do cut the defense a little slack today.

Offensively I'm just not sure what McVay's game plan was. He had an incredible weapon working early with Todd Gurley and then he just went away from it. It's almost like he was at a candy store sampling things and wanted to try different things in the shop even though the first thing he tried was pretty delicious. Make them stop it first.

Okay--the big one.

Jared Goff.

I don't think he had a particularly great game. But that fumble obviously killed the team. The injuries on the o-line hurt but Goff has to speed up that clock in his head when he's under pressure like he was today and McVay needs to not dial up long slow developing down-the-field passes. Especially when the o-line is hurt. That was kind of on both of them.

Perhaps a learning experience. But Webster is obviously gone--at least next week. Tru is up in the air and so that makes things a bit more difficult next week. With Whitworth and Havenstein hurting you can bet that the Rams will see plenty of pressure next week in Seattle. I hope McVay takes that into account when gameplanning.

It's very disappointing. They should have won this one.

They didn't.

And now they MUST win next week.

I really believe their only path to the playoffs is through winning the division. If they lose next week--I don't see that path open. Yes...they COULD make it--but they'll need crazy tie-breaking formulas and help.

Hopefully this loss doesn't prove to be too costly in terms of injuries going forward.

But things just got a lot harder.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. He moved the ball and they got 2 fgs then got the 1st down at the end. Nick foles.

After they got the lead and knew wentz was out they relaxed just a little. Can't relax in this league. It allows backups to beat you and that's exactly what happened.

Exactly right . The Rams did nothing right in the 4th quarter. Foles drove the field for 3 points after Rams took the lead .
Then he throws a dart on 3rd and 9 . And of course Long knocks the loaf of bread out of Goffs hand . X Rams beat them
in their own house . No sugar coating a complete 4th quarter choke job .

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Hopefully they all learn from their mistakes. Trumaine's taunting call was BS. The play Chris Long made...McVay trying to throw long with Havenstein just went out...not smart. If I was Wade, I would have blitz the crap out of Foles and make him beat you. We rushed four and it hurt...just like on the TD where Wentz had all day to throw.

Especially because the refs wouldn’t call holding until the end...was so blatant it was obnoxious

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
D was on the field way too much. Way to much. Now the teams is banged up, going to be a tough end of the season with 2 of the 3 on the road, and SF playing much better.

They were on the field because they couldn't stop them . Too many 3rd down conversions and big plays .

moonshyne

UDFA
Still furious about the leverage call. New one on me.
Once again our coaches out-chalkboarded the other team at halftime. Should have had this one.
Tavon? Oh boy. You are the most hated and the most beloved man in America right now among the betting crowd.
If we lose to Hags and then beat Titans and Whiners, doesn't 11-5 get us in? But 12-4 sounds so much better.
Not surprised by number of fans from other teams in our stadium. If I'm a fan of another team and I'm going to pick a road game to go see my team, give me Los Angeles, California over Nashville, Tennessee. It's a compliment, even though it's annoying.
Go Rams! No 7-9 this year, my friends.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Hard to win when the opposing team has the ball twice as long as you do. Eagles had the ball for 40 minutes to our 20 mins.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
They were on the field because they couldn't stop them . Too many 3rd down conversions and big plays .

That’s defintely a part of it, but McVay can mitigate a lot of that by sticking to the ground game. Take the air out of the football (while giving the ball to your best player!), keep their O on the sidelines, and wear their front 7 down. This is the 4th or 5th game where McVay has gotten cute with the play calling. He’s lucky it’s only cost us twice.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Refs more involved in this game from NO CALLS first on lots of key 3rd downs made all while holding seen by everyone. Tru acts like he plays for fisher looking for pub by Jeffrey dropping the catchable ball. Two hurt tackles forced our hands twice and we didn't adjust.

We at least get a chance to let Goff improve . That no call when Cox hit extra in the helmet coming off play was too much extra BULLSHIT & Goff still shook it off Warner style. Now Two Carsons knocked out for the season and the iggles ain't winning SHIT with Foles & wentz aint winning mvp in a surgery center. He'll miss all off season and pre-season getting hurt now and his playing style may have to adjust RG3 style. We lost the game but we were gonna have to beat the hags anyway. Why lose twice to them and they not make playoffs. Need more upgrades & DEPTH at Center & OT,CB. Now Goff will catch back up to wentz and they can stop sucking carsons jock all game. Goff came a long way and now needs to learn to win the games late. It's coming as our young head coach is learning and growing too.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am really pissed at this loss. Really pissed. That was a winnable game short of one of our players jacking his jaws. Crap, we’ve been beaten by Keenum and Foles.

Because I’m pissed at this important loss, however, means we are finally a fairly descent team. Usually the games don’t matter enough to piss me off.

So let’s recap what happened today: Eagles may have lost Wentz for the season, the hags lose to the jags, and we are still in first place. Ok, I feel better, I guess. On to next week in THE must win game.

jap

Legend
Who is ahead of us in potential playoff seeding? Philly is 11-2 but will have it tough without Wentz behind center with three games left to go. Minny is 10-3. Both Carolina and New Orleans are 9-4 like us.

If the Eagles start losing games without Wentz, we might still climb back into the bye week picture. we simply need to hold up and win out. Thank God Robert should be back next week.

fearsomefour

Legend
Negatives....
Goff missing Cooper on an easy TD....got the TD anyway but had Goff in FF playoffs, haha.
Not enough pressure without blitzing.
O line (Brown and Sullivan) had a hard time with pass rush early.
Plenty of missed tackles.
Dumb penalties.
Reynolds short of the line to gain on a third and short...led to a punt and a Philly FG.
Really an unexplainable call on the FG and Tru getting in touch with his Fisher/Williams roots and not being a pro....then as usual, getting dinged.
Whitworth and Hav go down.
Williams looked bad at RT.
Division title and maybe playoff chances come down to next week in Seattle.

Positives.
Whitworth and Hav come back.
Williams looked solid at LT.
Gurley explosive as ever in game 13.
Lots of WR depth.
28 O points on 48 or so plays.
Division title and playoff chances are still on the table heading into game 14.
Been a long time since thats been true.

Ram65

Legend
Can't keep up with the vent thread.

The commentators called out the bs taunting penalty and the leverage penalty

Agreed. Both affected the game.

At that stage of the game you don’t risk the sack. Clearly they were running s deep route that wasn’t there. Get rid of the ball. You have the lead and 2 more downs.

I didn't like the play call. McVay likes to call the deep ones when you need to get some first downs.
Goff has to have that internal clock and throw it away run. I think he should have called a quicker route. I don't know if you run there but, you can't get a turnover. A screen might have been a good call.