Vent Thread: Eagles@Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, it still was an enjoyable game. From a pure game watching perspective.

We can hang with anyone.

No reason to lose confidence. Let’s go win next week and strategize from there.

You think you can cheer me up with your logic and optimism???

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
How did Philly lose Wentz and it feels like our team got deflated?

Trumaine Johnson and Alshon Jeffrey looked like they were smiling to me. Bad call.
I think after a play that causes change of possession, a taunting penalty needs to be a little more worth while. But knowing how stupid refs are and how ticky tack they can be, a player has to know he could be called for that shit and just turn around and walk away. He can talk at the line of scrimmage the next time and nothing get called.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Goff can move. Why doesn’t McVay teach Goff that once the pocket collapse, that Goff can run for few yards and slide? On the strip by Chris Long, Goff had wide open field to run for a first down instead of wiggling in the pocket looking for an open WR.

Kentuckyrams

Pro Bowler
I think we still have a good shot at the playoffs. I don't feel great about next week, especially with the injuries today, and Seattle's miraculous luck in close games. We need 2 more wins to make it, though, unless Atlanta drops at least two of their last three. Right now, I think Carolina might just win the South, as their schedule is the softest of the three (Saints, Panthers, Falcons). That leaves two wild card contenders there.
Still hope we win next week and Dallas knocks off the Hags to boot.
Today was a tough loss. If we lose next week we will have to win out to make playoffs probably.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The penalty on Tru was ludicrous and for the official that made that outrageous call.
200.webp

jap

Legend
Todd Gurley: 236 carries for 1035 yards (4.4 ypc), 10 TDs;
51 receptions for 602 yards (11.8 ypr), 3 TDs

Combined: 287 touches for 1637 yards (5.7 ypt), 13 TDs

Notation Meaning
ypc = yards per carry
ypr = yards per reception
ypt = yards per touch

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
This was a slugfest and the Rams got short changed by the refs.

Not to wish any bad things on Wentz, but when he ran on many of those run plays, I knew sooner or later that the Rams Defense is going to crush and put the hurt on him.

Most running QBs are gambling with injuries once they take off running. And Doug Peterson had just ruined the Eagles chance to win the Super Bowl.

With the Seahawks next week, it would not surprise me that Russell Wilson is taken down by this Rams Defense as well. Just ask Carson Palmer and Carson Wentz what they think of the Rams front four.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This was a slugfest and the Rams got short changed by the refs.

Not to wish any bad things on Wentz, but when he ran on many of those run plays, I knew sooner or later that the Rams Defense is going to crush and put the hurt on him.

Most running QBs are gambling with injuries once they take off running. And Doug Peterson had just ruined the Eagles chance to win the Super Bowl.

With the Seahawks next week, it would not surprise me that Russell Wilson is taken down by this Rams Defense as well. Just ask Carson Palmer and Carson Wentz what they think of the Rams front four.

Yea, I'm going to remember Wrolstad for this one. I'll have to come up with a obscenity-filled nickname for him. We got shafted constantly in the first half, and then they waited in the second half until pivotal situations to screw us. They gave them 4 with that BS taunting call. And then they let them run an extra minute or more off the clock with the stupid leverage call. We're the home team. We're supposed to get the benefit of the calls. Fuck you, Cuntstad (nevermind, I got the nickname).

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Ok I’m taking my Goff blinders off. He comes up small against a top team.
Again
I know this is a vent thread, but of course you understand Goff just recently turned 23, I sorta remember myself as being pretty wide eyed at that age

I think I’ll give him perhaps a little more time to fully develop

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wish I could hear what Tru said on that play. I can make guesses based on the current rules. It could really be only one thing based on ref tendencies to make a call in a close game. I wish I could see what the refs were calling on that PI. I wish I could know why we didnt run it more in the 4th.

But the refs didn't screw us. They were terrible both ways. But the time we were gifted an extra yard on 3rd down, Pederson challenged it. The time they were gifted an extra two, we didn't. That same time, they went for it on 4th and 1. Our version of that same time, we didn't.

My vent is that our first year coach is a first year coach. I'll take the shortcomings though, so long as lessons are learned. My other vent is the lack of blitzing once Foles took over. We all know how he reacts to pressure.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think after a play that causes change of possession, a taunting penalty needs to be a little more worth while. But knowing how stupid refs are and how ticky tack they can be, a player has to know he could be called for that crap and just turn around and walk away. He can talk at the line of scrimmage the next time and nothing get called.

this deserves a million thread winners.

don't give the fucking refs an excuse to throw the flag because they will throw it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know this is a vent thread, but of course you understand Goff just recently turned 23, I sorta remember myself as being pretty wide eyed at that age

I think I’ll give him perhaps a little more time to fully develop
I’ll give him plenty of time but I can’t ignore all of his mistakes like I have been. Still think he can be the best in the game some day but doesn’t mean I can’t be critical

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
The penalty on Tru was ludicrous and for the official that made that outrageous call.

Yep, it was. And it cost Carson Wentz his season and cost the Eagles their QB for the rest of the way ... and who knows down the line what it will cost them.

Furious about the refs. They extended 3 drives for the Eagles today with absolutely terrible calls. The sh!t all over Todd Gurley on an early big run with a ticky tack holding call ... but were absolutely blind for much of the game to what the Eagles OL was doing. The "leverage" call was BS as well, as was the taunting call, which, to note above again, led to a chain of events that cost Carson Wentz the rest of his season. These refs were an absolute disgrace today.

At the same time, the Rams didn't help themselves in several ways. The defense being unable to get off the field after Foles came in definitely hurt. They should have never let them get points. And in general, they started this game too slowly, the "help" Philly got from the refs notwithstanding. And McVay Martzed his playcalling today ... getting away from the run too much on a day when TFGB (Todd something Gurley, Baby) was running like a man possessed. On that drive where Goff fumbled, he really should have just kept feeding Gurley, he got cute and it cost us.

Losing Webster for the seasons sucks. Hope Hill can step it up (not too worried about NRC, I know he can).

If nothing else, I hope the Rams are uber-pissed about this and channel that anger in a positive way to go lay an ass-whipping on the Seahawks next week. Jags did us a favor by preserving our lead in the division. Go win next week and we are up 2 with 2 to go, and totally in the drivers seat.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Hang in there- Ram fans- we'll get over it and make a deep play-off run

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
And of course vikings lost to the Panthers and Seattle lost as well if we could have only beat the eagles

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
My only vent is how in the world could some of you turn on this coach with such adjectives as stupid after what he has done for us. :(

Zero

Pro Bowler
I think after a play that causes change of possession, a taunting penalty needs to be a little more worth while. But knowing how stupid refs are and how ticky tack they can be, a player has to know he could be called for that crap and just turn around and walk away. He can talk at the line of scrimmage the next time and nothing get called.

And on a side note,Saffold made some hellacious open field blocks today!!