The Official Rams vs. Chiefs Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I would almost agree but I can't help but feel that there are about ten current coach's and staff teams that would be successful if they were dropped in here right now.

I agree. Although I will admit that these players are not playing to their potential, this coaching staff is also just not getting it done. There's just no way that the Cardinals are that much more talented than the Rams are. They won games with Stanton as their qb. If Fisher was their coach I don't think they have near the same record this year. You really just have to respect the job Arians is doing. And as a fan of a losing team, envy it.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Even with our BS schedule and losing Sam, I thought we'd put the fear of God in the rest of the league and position ourselves for a deep playoff run next year. I really believed that!

We still have major holes everywhere except DL and punter. We still are prone to mental mistakes, unlimited injuries and random uninspired play.

Excuse my grammer but it's fucking depressing

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I don't mind mixing in a few handoffs. Given a crease, he could bust a long one.

But...

I agree about getting him into space. For all the critique we toss toward Schotty, this is the most damaging evidence.

I don't mind the occasional handoff either, but not every single game. At this point it's not fooling anyone. We've seen him get more handoffs up the middle compared to touches in space. I would much rather see him go out for passes from the backfield. Create some mismatches on the linebackers trying to cover him.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And for the love of God please start trying to get Tavon in space. I literally get instant angry when I see him take a handoff up the middle. He is very small and is not going to break tackles from 300+ pound lineman. Get him in space please.

Is it possible that he's not able to get separation and this ridiculous play calling is a last resort? A WR can be the fastest player on the field but if he's not able to get beyond the 5-yard cushion from the line of scrimmage and get open then he will accomplish nothing.

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
Even with our BS schedule and losing Sam, I thought we'd put the fear of God in the rest of the league and position ourselves for a deep playoff run next year. I really believed that!

We still have major holes everywhere except DL and punter. We still are prone to mental mistakes, unlimited injuries and random uninspired play.

Excuse my grammer but it's freaking depressing
And the Leg what happened to him?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I end up missing a lot of games because I have church between 10 am and 1 pm. While I do have a DVR, I don't have Sunday Ticket.

Sometimes I download the game off torrents.

This one, it doesn't sound like I should bother.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I end up missing a lot of games because I have church between 10 am and 1 pm. While I do have a DVR, I don't have Sunday Ticket.

Nope. You were much better off in church.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm not as down as the coaching staff as many here, but it is hard to not see what Arians is doing in AZ.
Try watching AZ on tv every week after we lose. It's infuriating. That team is exceptionally coached. They are disciplined, focused, and they just keep winning despite having no one up front defensively. #1 vs the run again. ARE U KIDDING ME?!
Like you said Palmer goes out for weeks and JAGS step in and beat good teams. I'm so irritated by this. I have more hate for AZ than most in here...but don't say i haven't warned you guys about them for weeks now. They are CLEARLY the best team in the NFC in my eyes. It's mostly coaching IMO.

Speeps

Starter
Disappointed in this team and coaching staff. No excuses.

-The running back rotation continues and it is incredibly stupid. What are they trying to accomplish? It's clearly not working.
-Offensive line. Blow it up. Wells must go. He's overstayed his welcome. The Jake Long experiment must end. And whoever thought Rodger Saffold was going to stay healthy to deserve that contract is looking like a moron. Raiders were right to rescind their offer.
-Defensively...Fisher made it seem like Walton was the problem. Who is the scapegoat this year? The defense under Tim Walton as much better.
-No discipline. I'm not surprised though. When has Fisher ever had a disciplined football team?
-James Laurinaitis, I keep hearing he's not a problem, but when I watch him play, he too makes a lot of mistakes.
-Fisher may be a players coach, but he quickly needs to find out how to become a winning coach.

I dont want to see Fisher go, but he's making it harder for me to argue for him to stay. We need consistency, but guys this team is a complete mess. Austin Davis should be resigned as a backup, but if we have the opportunity to draft Mariotta or Winston, we better draft them. We need winners and leaders.

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King

Oh do!!! it will get your week off to a good start.

69superbowl

Rookie
I apologize for almost all of these, but I must "vent":

Zuerline is the Sid Finch of the NFL.

Austin Davis appears, to me, to be actually getting smaller.

I fear that Jake Long's ACL isn't torn (he's ok, he's a wealthy young man with a waning interest in sports anyway).

"Mike" Wells doesn't even get his first name back until he's cut.

I want Rodger Saffold to babysit my grandchildren. Mr. McGoo couldn't get hurt that many times. Perhaps the softest person to ever live and I'm sure he's great with kids.

On the other hand, the guy who took "34" in the "How Many Points is My Piece of Shit Defense Going to Give Up Every Goddam Week Pool" is ecstatic. Again.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I like our defensive personnel for the most part. I like our RB's, WR's and TE's. I really do. We've accumulated some talent. Drafts are getting better.

QB's and OLine...
200.gif

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
Disappointed in this team and coaching staff. No excuses.

-The running back rotation continues and it is incredibly stupid. What are they trying to accomplish? It's clearly not working.
-Offensive line. Blow it up. Wells must go. He's overstayed his welcome. The Jake Long experiment must end. And whoever thought Rodger Saffold was going to stay healthy to deserve that contract is looking like a moron. Raiders were right to rescind their offer.
-Defensively...Fisher made it seem like Walton was the problem. Who is the scapegoat this year? The defense under Tim Walton as much better.
-No discipline. I'm not surprised though. When has Fisher ever had a disciplined football team?
-James Laurinaitis, I keep hearing he's not a problem, but when I watch him play, he too makes a lot of mistakes.
-Fisher may be a players coach, but he quickly needs to find out how to become a winning coach.

I dont want to see Fisher go, but he's making it harder for me to argue for him to stay. We need consistency, but guys this team is a complete mess. Austin Davis should be resigned as a backup, but if we have the opportunity to draft Mariotta or Winston, we better draft them. We need winners and leaders.
Austin is fine but needs a line and good play calling. Notice how other teams get creative to account for the pass rush of our defensive front four. It seems Schotty can only muster up a quater before he is back to his old tricks. Austin probably only has a few more of these type of games before his confidence is shot.

rambro29

UDFA
I agree with a previous poster. I've been beat down the last 10 years. I keep saying thank god we won a super bowl but even this is beginning to wear on me. The absolute mind numbing ways this team fucks things up is just unbelievable. lst and goal on the 9 yard line after a turnover and we get no points. This has been the Rams for the last 10 years. Just pathetic. At this point I'm not sure what the answer is. Well firing fisher would be a start. He's running out of excuses when your team falls apart week in and week out. Keep in mind we were lucky last week.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Putting the coaching staff on notice.

You guys are absolutely trash.

Was that really another squib kick that was returned for a TD? What the actual fuck? You want to know why Legatron is having troubles? You won't let him just go out and kick the ball. Stop playing these fucking mental games, and play to your strengths. Yes, you had a good Special Teams game last week....it was the only reason we won.

Schotty.......There's nothing to say. The resources and staff you have available should allow you to put the time in to prepare adjustments. How about a fucking screen pass? It's not that hard to throw things at the defense to slow them down. MIX IT THE FUCK UP!

Greg Williams.....What can I say. You're time in the NFL is over. Highlighted in the Rams Addiction podcast was an interview where you said that it would be tough for you to reign in your blitzing because of our front four. Well, we haven't seen you do anything about it yet. It seems that you are nothing without your bounty program. Please, retire and watch the NFL at home with the rest of us.

Jeff.... I'm really getting tired of your nonchalant fucking press conferences. I'm tired of your "senior citizen resort" practices that let veterans sit out 80% of practices so they are fresh for game days. Look at all these injuries. Week after fucking week. Something about the way you run practices need to change, because we looked like trash in the preseason, and we look like trash now.

I'm getting real tired of all of the coaches shit. Be fucking accountable, and show the fans that you actually care. You trot out to these press conferences and have the same retarded ass look on your face. Show some fucking emotion.

My first vent ever. If it gets me banned, so be it. I'm tired of mediocrity. That is all.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Surprisingly enough, I didn't feel upset over the loss at all. It's like I couldn't careless about the team, that's how apathetic I am at this point.

Injuries didn't do Fisher and co any favor but it could've been prevented had we been playing with a momentum swing. The team was playing like they didn't care once the Chiefs scored the TD on the 3rd quarter so I felt the same way too. I have better things to do right now and I'm glad that's the case for me.

Go ahead and call me a fairweather fan for all I care, I don't need to deal with health problems down the road, I would recommend doing the same if you care about your well being.

Speeps

Starter
Austin is fine but needs a line and good play calling. Notice how other teams get creative to account for the pass rush of our defensive front four. It seems Schotty can only muster up a quater before he is back to his old tricks. Austin probably only has a few more of these type of games before his confidence is shot.
Agreed. And Fisher's response, when asked about Tavon, he always says, "it's coming." lol