The Official Rams vs. Chiefs Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LooNaTik83

lmao don't even suggest that! If that's the case I might break that DC Sniper out of jail.....

Honestly though. Martz was good at everything else besides thee Head Coach. I don't think Shotty will ever have the prestige as Martz did. It might be worse.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Anybody still think Shottenheimer is the second coming of Mike Martz?:notsure:

While I don't agree with the game plan today, I'm willing to give him a mulligan considering 3/5 of the starting OL went down today.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Honestly though. Martz was good at everything else besides thee Head Coach. I don't think Shotty will ever have the prestige as Martz did. It might be worse.
Yeah.. Martz was a bit arrogant lol At least he was fun to watch! Imagine Martz with a Tavon? o_0

rams2050

Starter
Every one of our freaking coaches is a joke. I cannot believe it! How can we not get lucky, coach-wise, even ONCE??

Kroenke needs to uncoil the checkbook and pay Bruce Arians anything he wants -- give him whatever he fancies -- to come coach the Rams.

Oh, wait! The minute Arians would arrive in town he would probably stumble into the path of a Mack truck going 80 mph! End of dream!

Gordito

UDFA
Other than that first drive, they were flat again. It has to be the coaching. I know they have the talent. Shotty is just that with his play calling...wanted him gone last yr. Williams and that D has been a total disappointment. They could've drafted a better O line by now instead of going with injury prone retreads that need to retire. I was holding hope for Fish, but he gotta go. Im like if Arians can do it, why can't he???

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
While I don't agree with the game plan today, I'm willing to give him a mulligan considering 3/5 of the starting OL went down today.
Meh... IMO that is a mute point. Just a classic game plan with Schotty which happened to have injuries. Not surprised with any of the injuries btw...
Long hasn't looked himself since he tore ACL last year, been very stiff.
Saffold is a wet piece of Kleenex.
and Wells? Dude shouldn't have started this year as I said the beginning of the year. Get rid of all 3 of those black holes...

khel72

Rookie
Is 11-5 even possible at this point? I know this is a 200-1 long shot, but is it possible?...
Dude I'm not sure if 5-11 is realiatic at this point. On the bright side Fisher noticed we got outplayed today. Duh

LooNaTik83

Yeah.. Martz was a bit arrogant lol At least he was fun to watch! Imagine Martz with a Tavon? o_0

Martz was a visionary putting visions into reality. Meaning if he wanted Tavon to fly he would fly. Seriously does Martz have a job right now? Bring him back as OC, and Peter Giunta as DC..

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Martz was a visionary putting visions into reality. Meaning if he wanted Tavon to fly he would fly. Seriously does Martz have a job right now? Bring him back as OC, and Peter Giunta as DC..
I want Chucky as our head coach...! I like how he holds people accountable... Meh I'm dreaming no way we get of the circus of coaching we have going right now

LooNaTik83

I want Chucky as our head coach...! I like how he holds people accountable... Meh I'm dreaming no way we get of the circus of coaching we have going right now

Seriously...Who would want to be 'that guy' who costs us that game if Chucky was the coach?....Seriously it comes down to discipline, and anyone who is less of those standards required by the HC will be made an example of...I picture it in my head. Will it happen I don't know.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I was a fan of drafting Tavon Austin. I think I was wrong. I know Schotty misuses him, he misuses everyone. But he looks so indecisive. At what point during a punt return do you stop looking and sizing up the opposition and just run? Just fucking go already, stop farting around. I have serious doubts about his ability to get open in the downfield passing game too.

I said Schotty's play calling had improved last week. What a resounding, piss poor way to prove me wrong once more. That, I'm sure, was the worst gameplan/in game playcalling I've ever seen.

I keep hearing about Austin's and Given's lightning speed, but they don't look faster than the people blanketing them in coverage, or in Austin's case being tackled easily by LBers.

Who was the villain who told the Rams that giving a 10 yard cushion on a 2nd and short was a good idea? 2 years now..... Thank God KC's passing game is so weak they never really took advantage.

When we play the Broncos, is Manning going to run the ball? I would, because we won't defend it.

I'm stunned at this point how Schotty is not raking leaves for Bill's lawn care instead of calling plays in the NFL. My wife doesn't really know football, she just listens to us make comments during the game, and even she understands the basic concept of a screen pass.

I've had a wall on confidence in Jeff Fisher, but this game just put a wrecking ball thru the top half of that wall. Andy Reid's staff made our look foolish. And 2nd half adjustments aren't being made at all. Whoever the most knowledgeable position coach for the offense should be considered for taking playcalling duties away from Schotty. Usually I'm against this kind of stuff, usually it's an empty gesture to placate, but in this case his failure to even take a single step to nullify a pass rush or diversify the run game beyond sticking a WR back there and rotating RB's literally every play is mindblowing. Stacy, Cunningham, Mason, and even Watts all have different skills and strengths but yet they all run right up the same hole. CALLING THE SAME PLAY WITH A DIFFERENT RB IS NOT A CHANGE OR A SURPRISE TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Pardon my outburst.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Seriously...Who would want to be 'that guy' who costs us that game if Chucky was the coach?....Seriously it comes down to discipline, and anyone who is less of those standards required by the HC will be made an example of...I picture it in my head. Will it happen I don't know.
Answer: Absolutely nobody! Imagine that look he'd get? lmao He'd be intimidating as hell with his no nonsense attitude. I see him coming out the booth in the next 1-3 years.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
While it's true he can't block for himself, he's still not remotely worth what we gave up to draft him (as a player, not a person).

Just my opinion.
I just wish we had an honest chance to find out what he an do. but not on this team in this situation right now.

LooNaTik83

I was a fan of drafting Tavon Austin. I think I was wrong. I know Schotty misuses him, he misuses everyone. But he looks so indecisive. At what point during a punt return do you stop looking and sizing up the opposition and just run? Just freaking go already, stop farting around. I have serious doubts about his ability to get open in the downfield passing game too.

I said Schotty's play calling had improved last week. What a resounding, pee pee poor way to prove me wrong once more. That, I'm sure, was the worst gameplan/in game playcalling I've ever seen.

I keep hearing about Austin's and Given's lightning speed, but they don't look faster than the people blanketing them in coverage, or in Austin's case being tackled easily by LBers.

Who was the villain who told the Rams that giving a 10 yard cushion on a 2nd and short was a good idea? 2 years now..... Thank God KC's passing game is so weak they never really took advantage.

When we play the Broncos, is Manning going to run the ball? I would, because we won't defend it.

I'm stunned at this point how Schotty is not raking leaves for Bill's lawn care instead of calling plays in the NFL. My wife doesn't really know football, she just listens to us make comments during the game, and even she understands the basic concept of a screen pass.

I've had a wall on confidence in Jeff Fisher, but this game just put a wrecking ball thru the top half of that wall. Andy Reid's staff made our look foolish. And 2nd half adjustments aren't being made at all. Whoever the most knowledgeable position coach for the offense should be considered for taking playcalling duties away from Schotty. Usually I'm against this kind of stuff, usually it's an empty gesture to placate, but in this case his failure to even take a single step to nullify a pass rush or diversify the run game beyond sticking a WR back there and rotating RB's literally every play is mindblowing. Stacy, Cunningham, Mason, and even Watts all have different skills and strengths but yet they all run right up the same hole. CALLING THE SAME PLAY WITH A DIFFERENT RB IS NOT A CHANGE OR A SURPRISE TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Pardon my outburst.

Lets break it down KISS...Keep It Simple Stupid.

Whats are Tavons strengths? Speed

This goes across the board. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. Where the hell is the evaluation squad? You can't put someone who has a strength in something that may have a weakness in that something.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Ugh. Being at this game was a poor decision. The Chiefs fans just felt sorry for us.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
All rams fans need to realise that we are not a good football team right now.
We have potential, but thats it, this is why we flash in quarters, win the occasional game.

I'm not venting because this is what I expected to happen. You can call it apathy if you want, but i prefer to think of it as.. "If we win a game, great" - "If we lose, meh, wasn't expecting a win anyway"
If you don't get so high after a win, you won't get so low after a loss guys.

A healthy dose of realism was handed out today.. sorry to say

This.

The Rams have talent, and can play very good football in stretches, but not for very long.
That is what teams that are not good, do if they have potential. They have short flashes.
IMHO that's all we can expect this year. I would LOVE to be wrong, but don't think I am.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

I think it was 4/5 late in the game.

iced

Fisher , Schotty, and Greg Willaims - I would not be upset At ALL if these last two were fired...from scheme to play calling (not even gonna discuss execution, that's a different animal...which still, is a product of these coaches)