The Official Rams vs. Chiefs Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Cardinals have had many injuries on defense and three different QBs play. Barring this team somehow turning it around, I'm thinking we need new coaches.

That's the fucking kicker. Cardinals have been brutalized by injuries as well. Lost their starting QB for a good chunk of games. Still got wins, no matter how ugly.

Difference is, they have probably one of the best coaches in the game with a very good strategic mind. We don't have that at all anymore. I'm just convinced that Fisher and Snead only started us on the rebuilding path (actual talent for once) because they'll never make us winners.

We don't seem to have an identity as a team, on either O or D, and THAT is a big problem and starts with coaching.

SO....fuck the Rams personnel.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
hey @Prime Time is this the coaching staff vent thread? sorry thought these were two different subjects. game vent vs. coach vent??

You're seriously asking this?

2889r1d.jpg

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Another thing that bothers me about the coaching:

The Cowboys defence was supposed to be awful, just after Michael Sam signed to their PS it seemed like it would only be a matter of time before he was called up to the 53. However they turn out to be a surprise.

Our defence was supposed to be good. We were talking about a possible top 5, elite defence. But no, it hasn't come close to meeting expectations. You can't tell me that the talent in Dallas is greater than what we have. The coaching is the difference.

(Dallas was the example that came to mind but there are probably others)

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
I'm just so tired of all the losing. Much like everyone else. Just makes it even worse when you see these other teams in the league who are always in the playoffs and winning 10+ games. Or how new coaches come to a team and they instantly start winning like the Eagles and Cardinals. I'm now starting to lean the way of new coaches after the season. This season is going to turn ugly with these road games and having to play the Broncos after that. You can't tell me the Cardinals have that much more talent than the Rams. The difference is the coaching. Cardinals have had many injuries on defense and three different QBs play. Barring this team somehow turning it around, I'm thinking we need new coaches.
Coaching it is young jedi. Smh

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
My vents for this week:

1. GZ
2. Loss of personnel
3. Execution by the players on all 3 sides of the ball.

By the fourth quarter I was in favor of execution of not only the players but the coaches too.
Better now.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Wtf has happened with JLau??????? Rb's are fucking Kryptonite to him. Coverage sucks. He was never elite but always solid. This year he has dropped the ball. Can he be moved to WLB and replace Dunbar? We need an upgrade.

Oh yea, and fuck Greg Williams.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm just so tired of all the losing. Much like everyone else. Just makes it even worse when you see these other teams in the league who are always in the playoffs and winning 10+ games. Or how new coaches come to a team and they instantly start winning like the Eagles and Cardinals. I'm now starting to lean the way of new coaches after the season. This season is going to turn ugly with these road games and having to play the Broncos after that. You can't tell me the Cardinals have that much more talent than the Rams. The difference is the coaching. Cardinals have had many injuries on defense and three different QBs play. Barring this team somehow turning it around, I'm thinking we need new coaches.

Why not? There are players on this team that are overrated by the fans and media. Coaching definitely plays a part but the players shouldn't get a pass, either. They are both problems.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
As the so called "Oldest Ram Fan here at ROD" I must say " I can't remember a Ram Team, and Coach's EVER look this BAD!" Even if we did lose 3/5 of our O-Line, and our Best WR!
I can
Ther was a 5 day tail spin last year against Dallas then SF that was absolutely horrific.

We had one o linemen finish in position today. That doesn't cut it. That's a loss for any team, especially a team playing KC. This Defense made NE look like a college team a couple weeks ago.

khel72

Rookie
Whats the chances that Fishers presser goes like this....Ya the offense was bad but we'll fix that. Special teams was a mess this week and we'll fix that too. Gw defensive calls we always try to fix that but his ego is in the way. My not giving a shit?? I cant fix that my contract is guaranteed!

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I'm so used to this team letting me down its hard to even vent anymore. I don't mind losing, sometimes the other team is just better but this team just baffles me.
We have no issues scoring on our opening drives, but after that....crickets.

The D gets bashed but they are literally on the field the whole game so what can you really expect out of them?

Fisher is an upgrade over every coach we've had in recent history, but he's starting to look a lil long in the tooth in terms of game preparation and execution

V3

Hall of Fame
Just........get some new freaking coaches in here. We have talent, but freak me if these wankers know their arsehole from their mouths. Talent in there. Putting the players in the best positions to succeed, week in and week out, totally freaking isn't.

I'm just kinda done with Fisher. Totally and freaking completely. Keep Snead. I think he's fine. Fisher and GW and BS. Show them the door.

I'd like to know how much input Snead had in the drafts.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm not as down as the coaching staff as many here, but it is hard to not see what Arians is doing in AZ.

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
The sad thing about the coaching is I knew and I bet many others knew this would happen when we got Fish but I was optimistic. Then he brought in Schotty I was horrified but still somewhat optimistic. Now I have to say this is the worst crap ever. This has got to be coaching. I think most of the other coach's could have picked their players from a hat and did better. We have had countless top picks. What has it given us?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I can
Ther was a 5 day tail spin last year against Dallas then SF that was absolutely horrific.

We had one o linemen finish in position today. That doesn't cut it. That's a loss for any team, especially a team playing KC. This Defense made NE look like a college team a couple weeks ago.
As you said, that was a '5 day' span, and two games. At least we have a full week to prepare for our next game. And against the 49ers @ their place...Good Luck their if the injuries hold-up!

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
It is truly baffling which team will show. I'm so confused how you could lay an egg the size of Missouri after the huge-momentous win a week before. This team looks like it's ready to break loose only to crawl back into obscurity. Special teams was so huge last week only to disappoint this week. The offense looked poised to explode only to fall completely apart, mostly due to a depleted O-Line, Davis looking confused, and lackluster play calling. The defense had great moments only to miss an opportunity to seize momentum by recovering a fumble in the 1st half, subsequently giving up a TD. Penalties on defense allowed KC the opportunity to continue drives.

It could get ugly next week in SF if we cannot keep Davis from having to "Win" the game. He needs to get back into game management mode which means we need to run the football with great success. The defense needs to really step up next week and wreak havoc. This season is a bust, and we have nothing left to play for except pride.

I wish someone on this team would take the bull by the horn and start getting guys to play with more emotion than they showed today. If not, it will be a very long November-December. Oh well, we can only hope the 2015 season will be of promise.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The problem with Fish is that he's a defensive head coach and the defense has been pedestrian since he arrived. Nowadays in the NFL you pretty much need to lock up an offensive or defensive genius as the head coach since they get hired away so effin quickly. Due to that, it is possible to be an overall motivator type IF you have a great eye for your coordinators. But Fish clearly does not. And that's gonna be his reason for failure unless he rectifies it.

Starting with Williams, for all the flak we give him, I still think he is a quality coordinator. He's gonna need some time to shape this unit, clearly. They are improving incrementally, like the run defense for example, and that is in the face of injuries. The key is the question of whether the right piece is in place there? I think yes, that Williams is a winner and his track record gets him a second year to shape his unit.

But not Schotty. This whole group has been under his leadership for 3 years now, and they execute poorly, and are terribly predictable. After the interception today you just knew they'd turtle, and KC knew it too. Execution is part of his responsibility as well. Bill Walsh used to have the 9ers re-run the same play until it was perfect every time in practice. I don't know how the Rams schedule their offensive learning compared to other teams, but the results are not there.

If I'm the owner I would tell him I can't take any more Schotty. I want an innovative offensive mind brought in and that does not mean a pass happy guy either just someone who knows offensive balance and gets results. If he would not accept that, I'd terminate his contract and move on with the coaching search.

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
Why not? There are players on this team that are overrated by the fans and media. Coaching definitely plays a part but the players shouldn't get a pass, either. They are both problems.
I would almost agree but I can't help but feel that there are about ten current coach's and staff teams that would be successful if they were dropped in here right now.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
And for the love of God please start trying to get Tavon in space. I literally get instant angry when I see him take a handoff up the middle. He is very small and is not going to break tackles from 300+ pound lineman. Get him in space please.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
And for the love of God please start trying to get Tavon in space. I literally get instant angry when I see him take a handoff up the middle. He is very small and is not going to break tackles from 300+ pound lineman. Get him in space please.

I don't mind mixing in a few handoffs. Given a crease, he could bust a long one.

But...

I agree about getting him into space. For all the critique we toss toward Schotty, this is the most damaging evidence.