The "give Austin Davis some love" thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
There hope guys.
Philly is tough and we almost took it away from them.
Better coaching is in need from Fisher and company.
The defense need to play as advertised.
Shott is doing fine. The dink and dunk is gone, though that may not be good enough for the gloom crue.
Armstrong is a knucklehead.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Behind This OL AD gives us more of a chance than a healthy SB or SH imo
He extends plays and is fearless

Athos

Legend
He has shown potential. He sucked the first half when he overthrew everyone every other pass. The sacks and pressure were unforgivable from the o line.

He redeemed himself in the second half. I'm still thinking Hill wins that game though. I think hill hits all those 1st half passes. Hill also probably picks up the first down on the slide. That's what experience brings.

Oh come off it man. If anything, those beatings Davis took may have had a terrible effect on Hill. The O-line was a crapfest the entire 1st half. Hill would have done no better and you're showing an agenda thinking me would.

You're also subbing in Hill did on all the plays Davis misfired a bit on, as if Hill would have led the team down the field the same way, would have made the proper reads, etc. That's incredibly disingenuous. You can't know that.

It's not Davis who game planned, rather stupidly, to go PASS HEAVY on the first few drives of the game. That's a coaching error.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It was an exciting game guys.
Rd said it. Davis makes the games worth watching.

RamzFanz

Damnit
What Davis has over Hill is the ability to roll out of the pocket. Hill doesn't has have that. Hill would have taken more hits and sacks than Davis, IMO.

I don't agree. He doesn't roll out as well but his pocket awareness and ability to make the quick read are superior. I don't think he takes the sacks AD did. We may never know though.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All we ask is to not be the laughingstock SOSAR and we are not that team anymore with AD. We may lose, but go down fighting and give us something to root for. Kid is getting killed back there and unless he is the 2nd coming of iron man Phillip Rivers, I hope theO-line steps up and the RB blocks like Faulk did for Warner before he gets hurt.

ShaneFalco

can we please stop talking about Hill like he was ever a starter in the league?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He wasn't completely dialed in and kept sailing balls long but he damn near pulled of an Elway like come back. I love this guy. The things that are wrong with him are fixable and the things that are right can't be taught.
Really starting to like this guy. He just has guts. Something the rest of our team just doesn't have.

V3

Hall of Fame
How long have we been saying "almost" now? So tired of moral victories. I just want him, and the team to close the deal is all. He still had an incredible game though.

I'm with you on the "almost" crap but I can't pin it on him for this game. There are so many other places to focus blame. The best way to get rid of the "almosts" is to get rid of the weak links and AD isn't one. Our D line has 1 sack in four games and the radio just said they had no QB hits today. That's pathetic. Now throw in the bad O-line, poor special teams, WR drops, and stupid penalties, and you'll see why my focus isn't even in the same hemisphere as Davis.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
How long have we been saying "almost" now? So tired of moral victories. I just want him, and the team to close the deal is all. He still had an incredible game though.
Yeah, feel ya on the almost.
I'll tell you what though. The last two get have been none too short on excitement.
We just came up on the wrong end.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Give Davis more experience with the playbook, games, etc and he would have pulled this one off against insurmountable odds. He can be 'that' guy if he continues with his current trajectory.

Athos

Legend
The one thing Davis needs to do, and hell, I think ALL QBs should do right now, is watch game film of Phillip Rivers right now.

That dude is dialed in and the way he has been climbing the pocket to extend/make the plays has been nothing short of phenomenal. If Davis can learn to climb like that (and yes, there were a few instances I saw he could, and should have, and would have gotten a big play) our offense will hum right along.

LooNaTik83

Dude. Davis is starting from the gutter. He is slowly, but surely climbing that ladder to greatness.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I don't agree. He doesn't roll out as well but his pocket awareness and ability to make the quick read are superior. I don't think he takes the sacks AD did. We may never know though.
It's truly hard to gauge this one you guys but I do think this. We are still seeing a QB in AD develop, he has fire and he does not quit. I like that he has a little Favre in him ironically enough.

TheBunk

Rookie
Yeah, I don't want anyone to think I'm putting blame on Davis. He definitely was NOT the reason, or even A reason we lost, not even close. It was the last play of the game and I put too much emphasis on it out of sheer frustration. We were so close.