The "give Austin Davis some love" thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
He wasn't completely dialed in and kept sailing balls long but he damn near pulled of an Elway like come back. I love this guy. The things that are wrong with him are fixable and the things that are right can't be taught.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Both those balls hit Pettis in the hands, the first one was a terrible drop, but the last one got ripped out. So much for a "clutch" receiver.
One game doesn't change my opinion on Pettis. He has a role on this team, and while he couldn't come up with a catch on either pass(one of which would have been amazing if he did), it still doesn't erase all of the good he has done as a Ram.

209RamsFan

You..'re Hometown boy....i was one of those doubters.....feel like an Ass now....def had my delicious crow

RamzFanz

Damnit
He has shown potential. He sucked the first half when he overthrew everyone every other pass. The sacks and pressure were unforgivable from the o line.

He redeemed himself in the second half. I'm still thinking Hill wins that game though. I think hill hits all those 1st half passes. Hill also probably picks up the first down on the slide. That's what experience brings.

V3

Hall of Fame
The thing that I keep noticing with Davis is that when he has time to get his feet set and his mechanics correct, he's very good. There's the occasional time where he has time but still doesn't set his feet but, to me, that's totally fixable. He has very good pocket awareness and seems to make a lot of good reads. I'm really starting to think he has a future. The few issues I see are not unfixable.

Lesson

Oh, really?
He has shown potential. He sucked the first half when he overthrew everyone every other pass. The sacks and pressure were unforgivable from the o line.

He redeemed himself in the second half. I'm still thinking Hill wins that game though. I think hill hits all those 1st half passes.

What Davis has over Hill is the ability to roll out of the pocket. Hill doesn't has have that. Hill would have taken more hits and sacks than Davis, IMO.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
One game doesn't change my opinion on Pettis. He has a role on this team, and while he couldn't come up with a catch on either pass(one of which would have been amazing if he did), it still doesn't erase all of the good he has done as a Ram.
Agreed, three short weeks ago most of us were yelling they will never question Pettis again. Goes to show you how the average fan has short term memory. Pettis will redeem himself.

TheBunk

Rookie
He almost got sacked? He had to get rid of it
I can already see people are exaggerating the pressure on the play. It was coming, but not there yet. He had at least another second to survey.

Rambition

Rookie
he's thrown some passes too high, and there was one early that was caught between like 4 eagles that shouldn't have been thrown, but on the whole he played better than anyone had a right to expect. thumbs up.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm talking more specifically about the last play. That's the second time he's rushed a throw to Quick in that circumstance.
That last play was most likely a communication error. They even talked about it on the broadcast. Easily fixed and completely understandable for a QB in his 3rd game.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Davis was phenomenal. He's the real deal, and honestly I would extend him right now. I think he could be our franchise QB. That game was not on him, he almost made the comeback.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm talking more specifically about the last play. That's the second time he's rushed a throw to Quick in that circumstance.
That last play was most likely a communication error. They even talked about it on the broadcast. Easily fixed and completely understandable for a QB in his 3rd game.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Nah, I'm going to detract from him just a little bit. The last two weeks he gets us back into the games, but can't make "the" throw we need to complete the comeback. It's frustrating.
How about the defense doesn't give up 70 points the past two games.
THAT ' S FRUSTRATING.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Davis was phenomenal. He's the real deal, and honestly I would extend him right now. I think he could be our franchise QB. That game was not on him, he almost made the comeback.

Athos

Legend
He got brutalized in the 1st half plus. A handful of plays where no one picked up the blitz from the right edge which led to him getting creamed twice for sacks.

Long was bad as well. But Davis showed something fighting back to finish with what SHOULD HAVE BEEN a 400 yard day with 3 or more TDs if Pettis doesn't straight up drop 2 passes.

We seem to have ourselves a QB. But the team just starts way too slow. Over and over again. That's on Fisher. And another sackless game is worrisome.