The "give Austin Davis some love" thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
He got brutalized in the 1st half plus. A handful of plays where no one picked up the blitz from the right edge which led to him getting creamed twice for sacks.

Long was bad as well. But Davis showed something fighting back to finish with what SHOULD HAVE BEEN a 400 yard day with 3 or more TDs if Pettis doesn't straight up drop 2 passes.

We seem to have ourselves a QB. Definitely needs to streamline some things, but all of his errors are completely fixable. And he didn't turn the ball over. No, that fumble TD isn't on him. He had no chance.

But the team just starts way too slow. Over and over again. That's on Fisher.

Rambition

Rookie
One game doesn't change my opinion on Pettis. He has a role on this team, and while he couldn't come up with a catch on either pass(one of which would have been amazing if he did), it still doesn't erase all of the good he has done as a Ram.
What Davis has over Hill is the ability to roll out of the pocket. Hill doesn't has have that. Hill would have taken more hits and sacks than Davis, IMO.
hill may not be quite as mobile as davis, but i think he moves in/out of the pocket pretty decently.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
How about the defense doesn't give up 70 points the past two games.
THAT ' S FRUSTRATING.

Well, we have had a pick 6, a fumble recovery for a TD, and a blocked punt for a TD that were all not on the defense. We also put the Eagles in the red zone with a Zac Stacy fumble to the ~20, that wasn't on the defense. They haven't played well, but it's not all on them.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
How about the defense doesn't give up 70 points the past two games.
THAT ' S FRUSTRATING.
The defense didn't give up 70 points the last 2 games, the offense had a lot to do with that. The D still needs to play better, however.

V3

Hall of Fame
Davis almost orchestrated the biggest comeback in NFL HISTORY! Think about that. It's his 3rd game and the O-line was awful for most of the game. To say anything negative about AD for this game is crazy, IMO.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Davis was phenomenal. He's the real deal, and honestly I would extend him right now. I think he could be our franchise QB. That game was not on him, he almost made the comeback.
You can't coach what he has. Ice water in his viens.
Yes Warner had it.
MOXIE!

LooNaTik83

I got love for Davis because he is making touchdowns! Points, scores, bragging rights it doesn't matter. I officially call Davis "The Producer."

Lesson

Oh, really?
hill may not be quite as mobile as davis, but i think he moves in/out of the pocket pretty decently.

He does, which what makes him similar to Bradford(ability to roll out when need be), however, I still don't think he would have held up well after taking those hits.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Davis almost orchestrated the biggest comeback in NFL HISTORY! Think about that. It's his 3rd game and the O-line was awful for most of the game. To say anything negative about AD for this game is crazy, IMO.
I tried to like this more but it wouldn't let me :(

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He's putting up starter numbers, for sure. I couldn't have asked anymore from Sam. Davis is our franchise QB, as it stands. That's three really good games from him, now. He wasnt the goat, either. Pettis had a hero award against TB, Cook got a goat trophy against Dallas, and now Pettis gets the goat trophy today. What a game by Davis. No idea what happened at the end, WTF.

No way in hell were they the better team today. We had way better stats but gifted two TD's. Greatest comeback in NFL history would have sealed Davis as our franchise passer. Hell of a game by Davis. Pettis, our clutch.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
The thing that I keep noticing with Davis is that when he has time to get his feet set and his mechanics correct, he's very good. There's the occasional time where he has time but still doesn't set his feet but, to me, that's totally fixable. He has very good pocket awareness and seems to make a lot of good reads. I'm really starting to think he has a future. The few issues I see are not unfixable.

Cutler never got that fixed. We're Rams fans. We have to be worried about something, especially when it's the one bright spot on the team. :D

rdw

Pro Bowler
Austin Davis this Bud's for you. So disappointed in the defense I'm on the verge of changing my sig...

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
It's crazy that he sucked so bad in practice he was cut last year. And now look at him. Amazing. I am on the bandwagon, hell, I think I'm riding shotgun.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The defense didn't give up 70 points the last 2 games, the offense had a lot to do with that. The D still needs to play better, however.
Forgive me.
The "team" gave up over almost 70 points.

The point is, Davis is doing enough to win if he had help from the "team".

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Nah, I'm going to detract from him just a little bit. The last two weeks he gets us back into the games, but can't make "the" throw we need to complete the comeback. It's frustrating.
Which throw is that? The one that Pettis flat out dropped on 2nd down or the one that sailed on 4th and 13?
Come on...

ShaneFalco

We dont need to draft another QB.

Davis and Sam can compete it out. We need another solid WR, and O line, and some safeties that are not idiots.

TheBunk

Rookie
How long have we been saying "almost" now? So tired of moral victories. I just want him, and the team to close the deal is all. He still had an incredible game though.