Suck for the Duck? Or make a trade for Cousins?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambition

Rookie
If you think this game was on the QB, you are crazy! The OL couldn't run or pass block anyone to save their lives, the play selection was awful, the Defense gave up way too many palys, Stupid penalties ... ST's sucked ..... Bro .. .we got bigger problems than a QB .. .trust me!
i thought hill looked pretty decent...at one point early on, he was 5-for-5.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I'll go ahead and disagree with that.... Bradford, Newton, Griffin, Wilson....those are all recent rookie seasons that I'd take over Hill any and every day.
Okay.
Bradford & Newton & Luck1st overall picks. Griffin 2nd overall pick Wilson yeah a 3rd, but read option guy. So getting a top a top 2 pick would be nice but really need #1 one overall. But is any of the QB's coming out next year that good? Winston? He might be the fit for the Rams.
Here's a list of some of the QB's taken in the last few drafts.
Not much of sure thing.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're talking to a guy who hates Roethlisberger for what he did, who hates Taylor Lewan for what he threatened to do. Winston is off the table for me, as was Lewan, and as Roethlisberger would be. And even if Winston didn't have the rape issue, he needs to seriously grow up and learn how to be an adult on and off the field because he has had multiple incidents at Florida State where he's acted like he's above everyone else.

I'm just not as moral as you when it comes to players. I'd take Roethlisberger. Hell, I'd take Lewan if I thought he would help our team.

But there isn't a "right" answer here.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm just not as moral as you when it comes to players. I'd take Roethlisberger. Hell, I'd take Lewan if I thought he would help our team.

But there isn't a "right" answer here.

No, there isn't a right answer. I'm not averse to taking guys with issues off the field...but I just can't stomach taking a rapist on the team, for personal reasons.

AZRamsFan93

You are putting the egg before the chicken.Two quarterbacks injured in 4 games and 5 sacks in one game means bad OL play.
Both hurt QBs were barely touched. We will never have our QB go through an entire game without being touched.

Back Jlack

UDFA
Name
Back Jlack
Fix the o-line first. Draft a pro-ready qb. Doesn't need to be a first rounder. There has been plenty of great qbs that were selected in the 2nd to 4th rounds. But yeah, draft a good qb.

Bingo! lets not make the same mistake with bradford and draft a promising qb into a mess. Let's have at least a decent team so the rookie qb can thrive right away. Cough*russel wilson* cough. If we're not in position to draft a top tier qb id rather use that pick on something else

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
10 things I think I know.

1. We are drafting top ten, probably top 5 - take a QB.
2. Bring Bradford back. He's going to be great, IMO, and we're (only) talking $10M. He could play for another 12 years. If he is made of glass, we got a QB of the future.
3. The Rams will eventually learn GW's system.
4. We were not going anywhere this year anyway.
5. Do NOT, repeat, do NOT sacrifice the future for a quick fix maybe QB this year.
6. Get rid of Schottenheimer. Ain't the guy, even with Bradford.
7. We have talent, but what everyone REFUSES to acknowledge, is the good teams have played TOGETHER in the same system, with the same players for MULTIPLE years. The Rams haven't.
8. Give Fisher and Snead at least 5 years,
9. I love McDonald, Joyner, Brockers, Donald and Gaines - (miss Johnson though).
10. Did I mention, do NOT bail on Bradford. He would have made a difference today.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
10 things I think I know.

1. We are drafting top ten, probably top 5 - take a QB.
2. Bring Bradford back. He's going to be great, IMO, and we're (only) talking $10M. He could play for another 12 years. If he is made of glass, we got a QB of the future.
3. The Rams will eventually learn GW's system.
4. We were not going anywhere this year anyway.
5. Do NOT, repeat, do NOT sacrifice the future for a quick fix maybe QB this year.
6. Get rid of Schottenheimer. Ain't the guy, even with Bradford.
7. We have talent, but what everyone REFUSES to acknowledge, is the good teams have played TOGETHER in the same system, with the same players for MULTIPLE years. The Rams haven't.
8. Give Fisher and Snead at least 5 years,
9. I love McDonald, Joyner, Brockers, Donald and Gaines - (miss Johnson though).
10. Did I mention, do NOT bail on Bradford. He would have made a difference today.
I agree with most of this except #4.
Put Bradford in your back pocket for the next 12 months(including working on reducing that cap number), but approach 2015 like you need a new franchise QB in terms of the draft and FA.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I thought Hill was fine. A lot of the offensive struggles were due to some ticky-tack (read: bullshit) penalties.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Anything is an upgrade over what we have today.

So here's your choice.
Pretty much lose out to get the top pick.
Trade up at a cost more than the RGIII trade to get Winston or a equivalent.
Pick a comparable to Gabbert or Weeden mid 1st rd.
Or wait see how the season plays out, look at what's in FA and size up the draft class to get a good value and not overpay for just a guy knowing that you have the rights to Bradford for one more year at least.
Next man up.

AZRamsFan93

So here's your choice.
Pretty much lose out to get the top pick.
Trade up at a cost more than the RGIII trade to get Winston or a equivalent.
Pick a comparable to Gabbert or Weeden mid 1st rd.
Or wait see how the season plays out, look at what's in FA and size up the draft class to get a good value and not overpay for just a guy knowing that you have the rights to Bradford for one more year at least.
Next man up.
I don't think it's up to me. If the Rams keep playing the way they did today they will have a very early draft pick.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
This may have been already asked, but is there a QB that is that great of a prospect this year? If we have a top 10 pick, or even higher, should we really go QB? It would seem that picks spent elsewhere would be more beneficial if we could get a qb in late first round with a trade up or in the second round.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Also, on the Bradford topic since others were mentioning it, even if he does come back he wouldn't have played in a real NFL game in a year and a half.

I'm all for the guy and he has tons of talent but you gotta look at it with somewhat of a realist perspective. At least have someone that is competent waiting in the wings.

jjab360

Legend
I don't really care if people don't like him, Jameis is the QB we need if we want a QB who's going to make an impact early on.

Ramathon

Ok X.....I am just not that confident in our ability to adjust in this case....

If anyone recalls, the Rams pretty much sucked swamp gas the first 4 games last year. It was hard to find anyone on the team who was playing up to their abilities let alone surpassing them,

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
If anyone recalls, the Rams pretty much sucked swamp gas the first 4 games last year. It was hard to find anyone on the team who was playing up to their abilities let alone surpassing them,
IMO, a lot of it is product of the new CBA, and the fear of players getting hurt. We are not ready, and not in football shape. We'll get there, and if we didn't have so many momentum killing penalties, deserved or not, the game would have been different, at least.