Suck for the Duck? Or make a trade for Cousins?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shaun Hill looked overmatched, and showed why he has been a back up all these years, forcing that throw for an INT when it was just 6-0 (Vikes got their TD before the half)....Austin Davis will never be an answer to any NFL Question. Keenum? Who knows...Doesn't know the PlayBook...

This team will be lucky to win 4 games this year, with the status quo....We made the mistake (or was it just fate?) in trusting to an extremely talented, yet fragile, QB in Sam Bradford. Trusting in the wrong guy at QB, gets Head Coach's fired. No matter..so what do we do? We could continue as is, and just pick the best QB on the board in 2015, which may be Mariotta from Oregon. OR, we could go after the best QB not starting right now, and the price would be steep Kirk Cousins is who I am thinking of..or you pick the guy.....

Making a trade for a more veteran guy, might make us pretty competitive sooner than later...and before a lot of rookie contracts come due in a few years, while waiting for NEXT years rookie QB to mature...

We are in a bad spot, boys.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Fix the o-line first. Draft a pro-ready qb. Doesn't need to be a first rounder. There has been plenty of great qbs that were selected in the 2nd to 4th rounds. But yeah, draft a good qb.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not saying to intentionally lose....but we have the 3rd toughest schedule in the NFL..SUCKING will be forced upon us.

ViperLjs

Rookie
Hill looked pretty good to me other than one bad throw, which will happen sometimes. Davis, on the other hand....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Way too early for this kind of talk. Let's see if they can at least make the proper adjustments next week.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Just chill. Sam Bradford is back next year.

I do not want to bet the Rams future on Bradford. Just cannot stay healthy. We need a new QB of the future, hopefully one in the draft at some point.

A55VA6

Legend
I wouldn't ever purposely lose, but with the brutal schedule and uncertainty at QB we could be in position to draft Mariota or Hundley or whoever the Rams like.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Just chill. Sam Bradford is back next year.

No. I like Bradford as a person, but at this point, you can't count on him staying healthy. I say go for Mariota. He could be a difference-maker from the get-go.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Way too early for this kind of talk. Let's see if they can at least make the proper adjustments next week.
Ok X.....I am just not that confident in our ability to adjust in this case....

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I do not want to bet the Rams future on Bradford. Just cannot stay healthy. We need a new QB of the future, hopefully one in the draft at some point.

I just don't see anyone else with his talent. Yeah he's not been healthy enough for us yet - and he's been very unlucky. But there is no reason he wont be healthy in the future. If we can get a QB to back him up who's got some talent that might be the QB of the future then yeah - I'll pull the trigger on him. But I don't see a better option than him going forwards.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ok X.....I am just not that confident in our ability to adjust in this case....
Then you're going to get your wish by default. But hanging it up after week 1? I dunno, man. Half the league is going to lose today (granted most won't lose as embarrassingly), but we should at least see what we have in the rebound and resolve department.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Then you're going to get your wish by default. But hanging it up after week 1? I dunno, man. Half the league is going to lose today (granted most won't lose as embarrassingly), but we should at least see what we have in the rebound and resolve department.
It's never my "wish".....When I say Suck for the Duck, it's not about losing on purpose..ever....I'm watching the team no matter what, even though they break my heart..year after year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's never my "wish".....When I say Suck for the Duck, it's not about losing on purpose..ever....I'm watching the team no matter what, even though they break my heart..year after year.
You misunderstood me. I meant you're going to get your wish of getting in position to draft the guy if we can't make the necessary adjustments. I'm not suggesting that you're hoping we go out and tank.