Suck for the Duck? Or make a trade for Cousins?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bildeaux

UDFA
Hill looked pretty good to me other than one bad throw, which will happen sometimes. Davis, on the other hand....
Agreed - and, from what Fisher says, that throw was intended to go OOB - not into double coverage; according the Fisher Hill was unable to plant the back foot because of the thigh injury.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Proper throwing mechanics can be taught....They said similar things about Aaron Rodgers too...

Just because they can be taught doesn't mean they will learn it. After years of throwing the ball the same way, it takes a long time to change your instincts and muscle memory.

Aaron Rodgers sat three years. Do we have that type of time?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I thought they said Tebow should be a mechanic.
He could heal any car with his touch.

God, please don't strike me down, I like Tebow a s a person, just don't want his as a QB.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Shaun Hill looked overmatched, and showed why he has been a back up all these years, forcing that throw for an INT when it was just 6-0 (Vikes got their TD before the half)....Austin Davis will never be an answer to any NFL Question. Keenum? Who knows...Doesn't know the PlayBook...

This team will be lucky to win 4 games this year, with the status quo....We made the mistake (or was it just fate?) in trusting to an extremely talented, yet fragile, QB in Sam Bradford. Trusting in the wrong guy at QB, gets Head Coach's fired. No matter..so what do we do? We could continue as is, and just pick the best QB on the board in 2015, which may be Mariotta from Oregon. OR, we could go after the best QB not starting right now, and the price would be steep Kirk Cousins is who I am thinking of..or you pick the guy.....

Making a trade for a more veteran guy, might make us pretty competitive sooner than later...and before a lot of rookie contracts come due in a few years, while waiting for NEXT years rookie QB to mature...

We are in a bad spot, boys.

Mariota won't be a good NFL QB unless he learns to be a pocket passer. He also had injuries already. Cousins is back up material only. I wish the Rams had signed Kyle Orton.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shaun Hill looked overmatched, and showed why he has been a back up all these years, forcing that throw for an INT when it was just 6-0 (Vikes got their TD before the half)....Austin Davis will never be an answer to any NFL Question. Keenum? Who knows...Doesn't know the PlayBook...

Hill was throwing the ball away but was injured on the play and couldn't get enough on it based on what Fisher said. He didn't seem over-matched to me prior to the injury.

This team will be lucky to win 4 games this year, with the status quo....We made the mistake (or was it just fate?) in trusting to an extremely talented, yet fragile, QB in Sam Bradford.

I think you're being over-dramatic right now. This team won 4 out of 9 with Kellen Clemens. They can recover. As far as Sam goes, I don't think anyone logically could expect him to tear his ACL again in the preseason. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. We have shit luck.

Making a trade for a more veteran guy, might make us pretty competitive sooner than later...and before a lot of rookie contracts come due in a few years, while waiting for NEXT years rookie QB to mature...

We are in a bad spot, boys.

Nah, we're fine. Worst case scenario, the year goes badly and we draft a guy. Sucks but it happens when you lose your starting QB before the season. Best case scenario, one of the three QBs on the roster steps up and the team remains competitive and we likely still draft a guy to compete with Sam and keep the QB that stepped up on the roster as well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes but you left out that Austin & Hill were sacked 5 times.

4 of the 5 were Davis. Hill was sacked on the play before the INT so it's possible he got hurt there. Still, Davis getting sacked 4 times was more due to his poor pocket movement, lack of "feel" for pressure and struggles diagnosing pressure than the OL just being awful. The OL wasn't good against Minnesota(at all) but Davis made the issue worse.

duckhunter

Starter
Bryce Petty has to be back in the hunt after last night. 67% completion rate last night, 400+ yds, 4TDs. His top 3 WRs were out. He pushes the ball downfield. Not much of that short screen stuff. Threw some nice long balls but he throws those 'intermediate' 30 yarders (haha) on a rope accurately. Big arm on a big kid. No problem with the back. Moved very well to the right to complete some nice passes. System QB who might need a year of development and most of them do.

His backup, Seth Russell, is a kid to watch also.

Licata from Buffalo is worth keeping an eye on also. He played OK last night but had 4 perfectly thrown deep balls dropped by WRs in stride. Would have been a hell of a game if they were caught.

Bryce Petty has to be back in the hunt after last night. 67% completion rate last night, 400+ yds, 4TDs. His top 3 WRs were out. He pushes the ball downfield. Not much of that short screen stuff. Threw some nice long balls but he throws those 'intermediate' 30 yarders (haha) on a rope accurately. Big arm on a big kid. No problem with the back. Moved very well to the right to complete some nice passes. System QB who might need a year of development and most of them do.

His backup, Seth Russell, is a kid to watch also.

Licata from Buffalo is worth keeping an eye on also. He played OK last night but had 4 perfectly thrown deep balls dropped by WRs in stride. Would have been a hell of a game if they were caught.

If we could get Art Briles whilst we're at it I'd be on board with Petty.

duckhunter

Starter
Briles just might be building a dynasty in the Big 12 over the next few years. I doubt if he would move from Texas until he sets college football on fire.

Fish wouldn't take the chance, but would be very interesting to give him a go at the big leagues some time in the future.

Briles just might be building a dynasty in the Big 12 over the next few years. I doubt if he would move from Texas until he sets college football on fire.

Fish wouldn't take the chance, but would be very interesting to give him a go at the big leagues some time in the future.

I doubt anyone would leave a high paying college football HC job for a NFL OC job.