Suck for the Duck? Or make a trade for Cousins?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I just don't see anyone else with his talent. Yeah he's not been healthy enough for us yet - and he's been very unlucky. But there is no reason he wont be healthy in the future. If we can get a QB to back him up who's got some talent that might be the QB of the future then yeah - I'll pull the trigger on him. But I don't see a better option than him going forwards.
I think we are on the same page. I have no problem bringing Bradford back. But we do need to draft a Qb in the early rounds. I just cant pin all our QB hopes and dreams on Bradford at this point. Need a new QB who can be a potential starter on the roster.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The part no one is addressing, by waiting for a rookie to develop, is that our "youngest" team in the NFL will be close to the end of their contracts when the new QB is good. We have to look at re-signing Robert Quinn in the near future. Thats why I brought up the trade for a young veteran like Cousins....

tonyl711

Starter
who would you be willing to give up for Cousins? you can bet they will want ALOT, don't think that's going to happen.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I just don't see anyone else with his talent. Yeah he's not been healthy enough for us yet - and he's been very unlucky. But there is no reason he wont be healthy in the future. If we can get a QB to back him up who's got some talent that might be the QB of the future then yeah - I'll pull the trigger on him. But I don't see a better option than him going forwards.

There have been a lot of QBs who came into the league without much fanfare and went on to have very good to great careers.

To say that the Rams should stick with Bradford because no one else looks like the second coming of Peyton Manning at this point doesn't seem like a good strategy.

AZRamsFan93

Just chill. Sam Bradford is back next year.
Some people will never learn.

What if his knee is not ready? What if it looks ready and then he gets hurt with another tap on the knee?

We can't be caught flat footed again. Time for a new QB.

wrstdude

Rookie
absolutely don't make a trade for Cousins-if this team is to turn around not only do they need to suck for the Duck, but they also need to bring in Sumlin from A&M. Team needs a new direction w/ some innovators-not this tired bull shit that clearly isn't working form Fisher & Schotty.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Counting on any QB from next years draft class to come in and play at a level better than Hill in is first year needs to pass the pipe.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Counting on any QB from next years draft class to come in and play at a level better than Hill in is first year needs to pass the pipe.
I'll go ahead and disagree with that.... Bradford, Newton, Griffin, Wilson....those are all recent rookie seasons that I'd take over Hill any and every day.

diverdown

UDFA
I would have zero confidence that Shotty would have a clue what to do with Mariotta.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Fix the o-line first. Draft a pro-ready qb. Doesn't need to be a first rounder. There has been plenty of great qbs that were selected in the 2nd to 4th rounds. But yeah, draft a good qb.

This. It won't matter who is playing QB if our OL plays the way it did today.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
I'm all about the Cousins acquisition. Make it happen, now!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Making desperation moves is the worst thing you can do right now.

And if we're sucking for anyone, it shouldn't be the duck. It should be the alleged rapist. :LOL:

wrstdude

Rookie
Making desperation moves is the worst thing you can do right now.

And if we're sucking for anyone, it shouldn't be the duck. It should be the alleged rapist. :LOL:

I like Mariotta more than Winston. Mariotta seems more cerebral.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Mariotta more than Winston. Mariotta seems more cerebral.

Completely the opposite for me. Winston mastered FSU's pro style offense that first round QB, E.J. Manuel, struggled to master throughout his career. Winston is known as the cerebral guy. He plays in a scheme that utilizes checks at the LOS, NFL style reads and progressions, and asks the QB to read the entire field. Mariota doesn't. He plays in a read option spread. Just my opinion, though.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
I'm all for Sam Bradford being back next year, as long as we draft a QB in the first two rounds. Let there be competion. We got worse things to worry about then a stinking quarterback controversy

Things like coaching, discipline, penalties, injuries, and our team severing ties with Saint Louis and fricking moving.