Suck for the Duck? Or make a trade for Cousins?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Making desperation moves is the worst thing you can do right now.

And if we're sucking for anyone, it shouldn't be the duck. It should be the alleged rapist. :LOL:

I'd rather have an actual duck play QB than a rapist with a huge rap-sheet. Winston has way too many red-flags off the field for me to take him with any pick.

wrstdude

Rookie
Completely the opposite for me. Winston mastered FSU's pro style offense that first round QB, E.J. Manuel, struggled to master throughout his career. Winston is known as the cerebral guy. He plays in a scheme that utilizes checks at the LOS, NFL style reads and progressions, and asks the QB to read the entire field. Mariota doesn't. He plays in a read option spread. Just my opinion, though.

Interesting-I've read that Winston locks onto his first read & only has half field progressions.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Shaun Hill looked overmatched, and showed why he has been a back up all these years, forcing that throw for an INT when it was just 6-0 (Vikes got their TD before the half)....Austin Davis will never be an answer to any NFL Question. Keenum? Who knows...Doesn't know the PlayBook...

This team will be lucky to win 4 games this year, with the status quo....We made the mistake (or was it just fate?) in trusting to an extremely talented, yet fragile, QB in Sam Bradford. Trusting in the wrong guy at QB, gets Head Coach's fired. No matter..so what do we do? We could continue as is, and just pick the best QB on the board in 2015, which may be Mariotta from Oregon. OR, we could go after the best QB not starting right now, and the price would be steep Kirk Cousins is who I am thinking of..or you pick the guy.....

Making a trade for a more veteran guy, might make us pretty competitive sooner than later...and before a lot of rookie contracts come due in a few years, while waiting for NEXT years rookie QB to mature...

We are in a bad spot, boys.
If you think this game was on the QB, you are crazy! The OL couldn't run or pass block anyone to save their lives, the play selection was awful, the Defense gave up way too many palys, Stupid penalties ... ST's sucked ..... Bro .. .we got bigger problems than a QB .. .trust me!

AZRamsFan93

Counting on any QB from next years draft class to come in and play at a level better than Hill in is first year needs to pass the pipe.
I reject this assertion. Other teams can succeed - at least compete at a high level - with rookie QBs. Why not us?

AZRamsFan93

If you think this game was on the QB, you are crazy! The OL couldn't run or pass block anyone to save their lives, the play selection was awful, the Defense gave up way too many palys, Stupid penalties ... ST's sucked ..... Bro .. .we got bigger problems than a QB .. .trust me!
Yeah, and both QBs sucked as well.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
Shaun Hill looked overmatched, and showed why he has been a back up all these years, forcing that throw for an INT when it was just 6-0 (Vikes got their TD before the half)....Austin Davis will never be an answer to any NFL Question. Keenum? Who knows...Doesn't know the PlayBook...

This team will be lucky to win 4 games this year, with the status quo....We made the mistake (or was it just fate?) in trusting to an extremely talented, yet fragile, QB in Sam Bradford. Trusting in the wrong guy at QB, gets Head Coach's fired. No matter..so what do we do? We could continue as is, and just pick the best QB on the board in 2015, which may be Mariotta from Oregon. OR, we could go after the best QB not starting right now, and the price would be steep Kirk Cousins is who I am thinking of..or you pick the guy.....

Making a trade for a more veteran guy, might make us pretty competitive sooner than later...and before a lot of rookie contracts come due in a few years, while waiting for NEXT years rookie QB to mature...

We are in a bad spot, boys.
What for them to get injured and not finish the game?Trade the following:Saffold,Wells and Long.These guys are made of glass.That will solve the problem.

AZRamsFan93

Who is succeeding this year? Oakland?
So Oakland didn't win today with their second round QB, and you completely ignore the Colts, Redskins, Seahawks of recent years? I watched part of the Oakland/Jets game - Carr looked better on the road against a good Jets D than our QBs did at home against an average Vikings D.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree about the play selection. The defense was playing good until Shaun Hill gave up INT in our own territory when the Rams were down only by 6 points just before half time.. A quick TD makes it 13-0 and changes the whole complexion of the game. Our defense gave up big plays later, when they were back on the field so fast after a 3 and out(s) or an INT..Who can blame them for what Patterson did to them after a while? Our Offense couldn't make plays, because of poor Oline play and extremely poor play at QB.

Bad QB play certainly unmasked other issues. We will not win many games with our current crop of QB's., imo.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
I agree about the play selection. The defense was playing good until Shaun Hill gave up INT in our own territory when the Rams were down only by 6 points just before half time.. A quick TD makes it 13-0 and changes the whole complexion of the game. Our defense gave up big plays later, when they were back on the field so fast after a 3 and out(s) or an INT..Who can blame them for what Patterson did to them after a while? Our Offense couldn't make plays, because of poor Oline play and extremely poor play at QB.

Bad QB play certainly unmasked other issues. We will not win many games with our current crop of QB's., imo.
You are putting the egg before the chicken.Two quarterbacks injured in 4 games and 5 sacks in one game means bad OL play.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
So Oakland didn't win today with their second round QB, and you completely ignore the Colts, Redskins, Seahawks of recent years? I watched part of the Oakland/Jets game - Carr looked better on the road against a good Jets D than our QBs did at home against an average Vikings D.
Yeah lets draft Andrew Luck this year.
Or why waste a third on Wilson when we can get a Brady in the sixth. If it was that easy every team would have 3 pro bowl QB's

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
No Cousins.. same as what we have. This team is built to succed on oaQB that has accuracy and speed ball at 20-30 yards. Hill, Davis and Casey K can do not that. None of them can conssiently exploit what defenses are giving the Rams.... 15 -20 and the deep fode/corner.

Depending on health, I have seen enough of Davis. I would (for this week be coaching up Gilbert.) Pray Hill can gets Healthly and get us I-2 wins in the first 4 weeks. Davis & Casey K will not do it.

Sign Josh Freeeman and coach him up for 2-3 weeks and start him after the bye. Only QB out there that has a plus+plus arm and NFL experience.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You are putting the egg before the chicken.Two quarterbacks injured in 4 games and 5 sacks in one game means bad OL play.
Both can be true..Austin Davis will NEVER be a good quality QB.

Rambition

Rookie
Jesus, one game into the season and we're already talking about next year.
fbz_06fe764094c68ffb9b202da8517e96b7.jpg

Athos

Legend
I'd suck for Luck, not for Duck.

I like Mariota, but there's no a QB in this draft worth sucking for right now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd rather have an actual duck play QB than a rapist with a huge rap-sheet. Winston has way too many red-flags off the field for me to take him with any pick.

So if the Rams had the option of Ben Roethlisberger at QB, you'd say no?

Interesting-I've read that Winston locks onto his first read & only has half field progressions.

I haven't noticed that but I'll look into it when watching his games this year.

Athos

Legend

I haven't noticed that but I'll look into it when watching his games this year.

Drafting a rapist makes me queasy. Even if only sexual assault, still queasy. Sleazy Winston.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

You're talking to a guy who hates Roethlisberger for what he did, who hates Taylor Lewan for what he threatened to do. Winston is off the table for me, as was Lewan, and as Roethlisberger would be. And even if Winston didn't have the rape issue, he needs to seriously grow up and learn how to be an adult on and off the field because he has had multiple incidents at Florida State where he's acted like he's above everyone else.