Suck for the Duck? Or make a trade for Cousins?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I've got a couple of "quirks" against Winston. But I do enjoy his game. But my hang-ups, decision making off the field...major red flag for a QB....looks to not be a "gym rat type" looks like his body hasn't changed a bit. Basically no muscle tone. Now it says in the write up it's a pro-style, or Fisher only runs 3 plays, whatever, I always see him in a spread type/shotgun....Hardly ever under center. May have adjustment problems if he isn't a workout warrior or gym rat...Last, the guy plays for a monster school. He can play terrible for 3 quarters and still win big games..I call that the big school crutch. Witness Barrett Jones, and types like that.
This guy could still be a stud, maybe will be, but for my money, a regular program guy with great measurables that wins....that's the QB we need..edit: oops I forgot, PROCESSES INFORMATION, QUICKLY. Gotta be able to read the field and look through your progressions, wanna see that skill in college if possible.....See Bortles or even Carr (who I was really skeptical of after that bowl game vs SC...but man did he have a great pro day)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've got a couple of "quirks" against Winston. But I do enjoy his game. But my hang-ups, decision making off the field...major red flag for a QB....looks to not be a "gym rat type" looks like his body hasn't changed a bit. Basically no muscle tone. Now it says in the write up it's a pro-style, or Fisher only runs 3 plays, whatever, I always see him in a spread type/shotgun....Hardly ever under center.

He was under center enough last year that there won't be an issue. It doesn't say that in the write-up. It says in the article that they have less plays because they can run them out of a number of formations giving more flexibility as well as better execution, the QB is able to change the play at the LOS to account for his pre-snap reads of the defense, and the QB chooses his progressions based on the coverage shell(s) of the defense.

May have adjustment problems if he isn't a workout warrior or gym rat...Last, the guy plays for a monster school. He can play terrible for 3 quarters and still win big games..I call that the big school crutch. Witness Barrett Jones, and types like that.

So what? Peyton Manning did too. So did Tom Brady. Matt Stafford did as well. Can't forget Cam Newton or Russell Wilson either. Don't see why that matters.

Barrett Jones and Jameis Winston have little in common. Jones lacks the physical talent but makes up for it in technique, work ethic, and intelligence. Jameis Winston has off the charts physical talent...and combines it with intelligence.

This guy could still be a stud, maybe will be, but for my money, a regular program guy with great measurables that wins....that's the QB we need..edit: oops I forgot, PROCESSES INFORMATION, QUICKLY. Gotta be able to read the field and look through your progressions, wanna see that skill in college if possible.....See Bortles or even Carr (who I was really skeptical of after that bowl game vs SC...but man did he have a great pro day)

That's precisely why Winston is such a good fit. He processes information quickly. For my money, I want the best QB. Don't care where he played.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So what? Peyton Manning did too. So did Tom Brady. Matt Stafford did as well. Can't forget Cam Newton or Russell Wilson either. Don't see why that matters.

Barrett Jones and Jameis Winston have little in common. Jones lacks the physical talent but makes up for it in technique, work ethic, and intelligence. Jameis Winston has off the charts physical talent...and combines it with intelligence.
By monster, I mean the best school in the nation...and doubt Tennessee was ever considered that. I know Michigan wasn't...And doubt Georgia with Stafford was as well. I saw Wilson turn a decent Wisconsin team into a good team. But he lost a bunch of killer games...last second stuff. I'm sure that's what made him who he is. Only Cam played for a national championship, and I'm positive he is the reason they were any good. positive.

Doubt Jamies is the best QB in college this season. The playoff will tell a lot. Hope they get there and face a Pac-12 team....We'll see. If I'm wrong, no shame admitting it.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

I guess that includes Hundley too. He runs a very similar offense to what Sam ran in college.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
By monster, I mean the best school in the nation...and doubt Tennessee was ever considered that. I know Michigan wasn't...And doubt Georgia with Stafford was as well. I saw Wilson turn a decent Wisconsin team into a good team. But he lost a bunch of killer games...last second stuff. I'm sure that's what made him who he is. Only Cam played for a national championship, and I'm positive he is the reason they were any good. positive.

Doubt Jamies is the best QB in college this season. The playoff will tell a lot. Hope they get there and face a Pac-12 team....We'll see. If I'm wrong, no shame admitting it.

I remember Vince Young single handedly winning that National Championship by himself.

Also, If I can find it i'll post it, but I read somewhere where a guy did a breakdown of QBs that were drafted and focused on their pro success based on if they ran a pro-style offense or not. The conclusion was that it's a toss up. The numbers were virtually the same.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I guess that includes Hundley too. He runs a very similar offense to what Sam ran in college.
I am a little scared of Hundley....Not sure about that guy.....I'd definitely look up north first...And I gotta really see the measurables on Marriota...More likely a Mannion guy...Pro Style first. But right now, Hogan....hands down...

I remember Vince Young single handedly winning that National Championship by himself.

Also, If I can find it i'll post it, but I read somewhere where a guy did a breakdown of QBs that were drafted and focused on their pro success based on if they ran a pro-style offense or not. The conclusion was that it's a toss up. The numbers were virtually the same.
Well, maybe so...But outta the last 10 Super Bowl winners...how many? Isn't that enough time?
Funny thing about Vince is, he has a career winning record...Now isn't that strange...Lost a lot of money on him in that game too. But he proves the theory, spread QB, that nobody wants...And he's won in the pros too....

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Then you're going to get your wish by default. But hanging it up after week 1? I dunno, man. Half the league is going to lose today (granted most won't lose as embarrassingly), but we should at least see what we have in the rebound and resolve department.
Still youngest team(3rd year)in NFL.

Bradford still is very talented.He will be better than ever.The Rams can't pay him what he is owed next year.
I think he beats out any QB they could bring in.
Wonder what Schotty'svfuture is ?
Very upsetting the so called veterans made most of the mistakes.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
By monster, I mean the best school in the nation...and doubt Tennessee was ever considered that.

Tennessee won a national championship with Tee Martin at QB the year after Peyton left. Peyton had 1st round pick, Jamal Lewis, at HB. At WR, he had first round pick, Marcus Nash, second round pick, Peerless Price, and second round pick, Joey Kent. On the OL, they had Chad Clifton(future 2nd round pick and Pro Bowler), Trey Teague, and Cosey Coleman(future 2nd round pick). Some recognizable names on defense? Leonard Little, Al Wilson, Shaun Ellis, and Deon Grant.

That team was one of the very best in the nation.

I know Michigan wasn't...

Brady had future first rounder David Terrell at WR and future second rounder Anthony Thomas at HB. His OL featured Steve Hutchinson, Jeff Backus, Jon Jansen and Jonathan Goodwin. That's a Pro Bowl OL(Goodwin), two All Pro OLs(Jansen and Hutchinson) and Backus who started over a decade at LT in Detroit. ADDITIONALLY, Michigan won the National Championship during Brady's sophomore year(he was backup to Brian Griese).

Again, very clearly one of the best teams in college football.

And doubt Georgia with Stafford was as well.

Stafford had future first rounders AJ Green and Knowshon Moreno in addition to future 2nd rounder Mohamed Massaquoi at the skill positions. On his OL, Stafford had current NFL OLs Cordy Glenn, Ben Jones, and Clint Boling.

Again, extremely talented team. Not even getting into their defensive talent.

I saw Wilson turn a decent Wisconsin team into a good team.

That "decent" Wisconsin team went 11-2 the year before Wilson transferred there. They had Montee Ball, James White, Melvin Gordon, Nick Toon, and Jared Abbrederis at skill positions. On the OL, they had Travis Frederick, Kevin Zeitler, Ryan Groy, Ricky Wagner, and Peter Konz.

That wasn't a decent team. They had two NFL WRs, three NFL HBs, and five NFL OLs(two of which were first round picks). That was a great team.

Only Cam played for a national championship, and I'm positive he is the reason they were any good. positive.

Cam was the reason they were any good? That team had a number of players that ended up playing in the NFL. They weren't as strong as FSU but they were a talented college team.

I hope so too. Winston will tear a Pac-12 team apart imo.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I hope so too. Winston will tear a Pac-12 team apart imo.
I want to see that. The Pac 12 D's have stepped it up other than UCLA which looks unimpressive on D compared to their initial ranking. I think Stanford and Especially SC have much improved speedy and athletic D's that come playoff time will be battle tested. Not saying they Beat FSU but the FSU schedule looks week and they may not be ready for some of the better teams. WE will see

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Tennessee won a national championship with Tee Martin at QB the year after Peyton left. Peyton had 1st round pick, Jamal Lewis, at HB. At WR, he had first round pick, Marcus Nash, second round pick, Peerless Price, and second round pick, Joey Kent. On the OL, they had Chad Clifton(future 2nd round pick and Pro Bowler), Trey Teague, and Cosey Coleman(future 2nd round pick). Some recognizable names on defense? Leonard Little, Al Wilson, Shaun Ellis, and Deon Grant.

That team was one of the very best in the nation.
Dude do you just remember this Stuff? man it must be nice to be young:)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want to see that. The Pac 12 D's have stepped it up other than UCLA which looks unimpressive on D compared to their initial ranking. I think Stanford and Especially SC have much improved speedy and athletic D's that come playoff time will be battle tested. Not saying they Beat FSU but the FSU schedule looks week and they may not be ready for some of the better teams. WE will see

We will. Stanford will likely be tough as always. Not sure about USC yet.

Dude do you just remember this Stuff? man it must be nice to be young:)

Some of it. Not all of it, though. I look up what I don't remember. :cool:

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I thought they said Tebow should be a mechanic.

Wonder what the difference in pay is between a mechanic and a commentator on the SEC network?

Edit: Nevermind, they have some pretty high powered names. Must pay pretty good.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wonder what the difference in pay is between a mechanic and a commentator on the SEC network?

Edit: Nevermind, they have some pretty high powered names. Must pay pretty good.
I dunno. My mechanic got me for 2 grand on my last turbo replacement.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I need to see a better prepared offense next week.

They for sure need to have a better plan than last week, especially for TA.......a couple of big plays can really change momentum. (As we just saw with the Vikings)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mannion just isn't good. And both those guys have awful throwing motions.
If his arm doesnt fall off from throwing 80 passes a game, I like Connor Halliday the most out of the Pac-10 QB