Stacy to ask for release/trade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
At the same time, this reporter got a chance to spend a draft day in the Rams war room and even called the Jake Long signing well before anyone else. So perhaps, he has some contacts.

Then again, he probably just saw that Stacy has only averaged 3.9 yards per carry, was 3rd string already, and thus isn't over valuing him like a Rams fan typically would.

Perhaps, although this board constantly argues context when people undervalue our players and the context of Stacys 2013 is a bad OC, below average line and the wondrous skills of Clemens to keep defenders from cheating. So, 3.9 isn't exactly the same just looking at a Stat sheet.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Because it's his job? How many players ride the bench? Most of them. What makes Zac so special that he can demand anything? I understand if he's clearly a starter and he wants to start. But he's not a clear starter anywhere.
His job is to make as much money as he can in the short time span of an NFL running backs career. That's his number #1 priority. Not to sit on the bench and make as little as possible.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Perhaps, although this board constantly argues context when people undervalue our players and the context of Stacys 2013 is a bad OC, below average line and the wondrous skills of Clemens to keep defenders from cheating. So, 3.9 isn't exactly the same just looking at a Stat sheet.

Well the 3.9 yards per carry was both years. And if other teams around the league agreed then he'd have some value as a potential starter. But, what do you think the chances are of that? I'd say not very good. Especially since he was already a 3rd stringer on a team that just spent a 1st rounder on a RB.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Well the 3.9 yards per carry was both years. And if other teams around the league agreed then he'd have some value as a potential starter. But, what do you think the chances are of that? I'd say not very good. Especially since he was already a 3rd stringer on a team that just spent a 1st rounder on a RB.

Both years we had the same issues didn't we? Both Stacy and Mason played better than their numbers when you account for the ineptitude of the passing game and rum blocking.

As for teams not noticing him, well you may be right. But as of right now there's a starter level RB available for a low pick. I can totally see a smart savvy team like the cheatriots getting good production out of him for next to nothingm

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I 2 old hate to see Stacy go I think he is the best pure rb on the roster besides the rook. The guy always gets positive yards and always falls forward. If there are no yds to gain he will get you 2.... stuffed in the backfield he'll get you back to the Los. He isn't fast, he isn't shifty, but he does want you want and that is getting positive yards. He carries piles and still gets 3 or r yards. I'm a fan and where ever he goes he will be valued. Especially with a decent online because he didn't have one here and performed more than well. We have alot of capable backs... a good problem to have tho

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
SJ is leaving his career with a 4.2/carry avg so i'm not sure why you're throwing 3.9 for a guy like Stacy out there as evidence no one will have interest. Add in the fact that SJ hadn't scored 7 rushing TD's in a season(like Stacy did in 2013) since 2008.

But maybe using the Rams' all time leading rusher is a bad example :whistle:

Memphis Ram

Legend
Both years we had the same issues didn't we? Both Stacy and Mason played better than their numbers when you account for the ineptitude of the passing game and rum blocking.

As for teams not noticing him, well you may be right. But as of right now there's a starter level RB available for a low pick. I can totally see a smart savvy team like the cheatriots getting good production out of him for next to nothingm

Maybe you're right. But, the Stacy I saw could have had a higher yards per carry despite his circumstances. Stacy seemed to lack improvisational skills and needed to show better patience and vision to see some of those holes to his left or right he missed while he was running up the backs of his blockers at times.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
That means squat. The Rams had Steven Jackson and they never won a super bowl with him.
That was all on Steven Jackson too, right? Don't mind that we literally had the least amount of talent in the league during those years

Memphis Ram

Legend
SJ is leaving his career with a 4.2/carry avg so i'm not sure why you're throwing 3.9 for a guy like Stacy out there as evidence no one will have interest. Add in the fact that SJ hadn't scored 7 rushing TD's in a season(like Stacy did in 2013) since 2008.

But maybe using the Rams' all time leading rusher is a bad example :whistle:

Steven Jackson has also had a 5.0 ypc and a couple of 4.4 ypc seasons in his back pocket and was never 3rd string. Stacy has run for 3.9 ypcs both of his first two seasons so far.:oops:

FRO

Legend
That means squat. The Rams had Steven Jackson and they never won a super bowl with him.
Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl.

Barry Sanders never won a Super Bowl.

Calvin Johnson hasn't won a Super Bowl.

Walter Jones never won a Super Bowl.

Bruce Smith never won a Super Bowl.

Which one of those guys you passing on? Which one of those guys doesn't make their team better? Yes we need to improve the line. There are still some good options that can be had tonight. We also have Barksdale and Blalock as fall back options.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Maybe you're right. But, the Stacy I saw could have had a higher yards per carry despite his circumstances. Stacy seemed to lack improvisational skills and need to show better patience and vision to see some of those holes to his left or right he missed while he was running up the backs of his blockers at times.

Sure he could have. He was a rookie. But WRs get three years and two very close to a 1000 yard RBs get less than 16 games to develop? This pick just reminds me of Mike Martz picking guys who he liked to watch instead of being able to maximize the talent of players he already had. You can take a BPA approach while still maintaining an awareness of the assets already in place.
Part of it for me is the knee. Two potential winning seasons in a row shot craps because of ACL tears. So now, when you've got two 1000ers already and the playoff window is wide open with the demise of the 49ers, we get a guy with an ACL tear? A guy who may or may not be the same guy we see on film. They've got guts I'll give them that. To me, that's really ballsy. I'd have went OL and relied on the playmakers I'd already been developing along with the new QB. JMO

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Steven Jackson has also had a 5.0 ypc and a couple of 4.4 ypc seasons in his back pocket and was never 3rd string. Stacy has run for 3.9 ypcs both of his first two seasons so far.:oops:
He had a couple seasons like that yeah. Point being, 4.0 yds/carry is not an avg to snuff at...especially when you're scoring TD's(which Stacy did at a better rate then SJ) and what does being 3rd string have to do with anything?
Production is production.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I'm going to be very candid for a minute so forgive me:

YOU'RE A FREAKING 5TH ROUND DRAFT PICK. SHUT UP AND RACK UP OVER 4 YPC BEFORE YOU BITCH ABOUT PERSONNEL!

I'd tell him to go find a trade. Then he'll see how little value backup RBs have in the league these days.

That's all.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Here's a question: Lets say that Stacy quietly approached the team yesterday after the Gurley pick and asked for a trade? Would those of you who have a problem with him feel the same way?

I'm with Stacy on this. He's now completely buried on the depth chart and has shown he can play in this league....even with only 3.9/carry, 900+ yards and 7 TD's as a 3rd string RB in one season under his belt :whistle:
He wants carries. He won't get them here. I hope the Rams try to make a small move or just outright release him. That's the right thing to do IMO.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Here's a question: Lets say that Stacy quietly approached the team yesterday after the Gurley pick and asked for a trade? Would those of you who have a problem with him feel the same way?

I'm with Stacy on this. He's now completely buried on the depth chart and has shown he can play in this league....even with only 3.9/carry, 900+ yards and 7 TD's as a 3rd string RB in one season under his belt :whistle:
He wants carries. He won't get them here. I hope the Rams try to make a small move or just outright release him. That's the right thing to do IMO.
I'm of the belief that the right move is to build a deep team where your backups have talent.

He's a 5th round draft pick going into his third season. I don't feel he's entitled to be treated any differently than any other player in that situation.

He has no perspective, and I think he'd find out very quickly that he'd be buried on most depth charts and that the Rams wouldn't get anything back for him in a trade.

Memphis Ram

Legend
He had a couple seasons like that yeah. Point being, 4.0 yds/carry is not an avg to snuff at...especially when you're scoring TD's(which Stacy did at a better rate then SJ) and what does being 3rd string have to do with anything?
Production is production.

Well, first of all, you are rounding up to 4.0 when 3.9 is already a rounded up figure for Stacy. Anyway, lots of backs can average 3.9 yards per carry. And that coupled with being a 3rd stringer on a team that just spent a 1st rounder on a RB has to do with how he could be viewed by other teams as a potential starter, which I thought was the original point.

Either way, put the shoe on the other foot. If the Rams were looking for a potential starting running back, would you be excited about adding a kid who was the 3rd string back on a team who only averaged 3.9 yards per carry during his career. And during a deep RB draft class? Sorry, but I would not. And apparently, neither are the Rams.

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Lots of backs can average 3.9 yards per carry. And being a 3rd stringer on a team that just spent a 1st rounder on a RB has to do with how he could be viewed by other teams as a potential starter, which I thought was the original point.
Some teams have a deeper depth chart then others. Some coaches prefer one guy over the other guy at a given position even if there isn't much of a talent gap.

Either way, put the shoe on the other foot. If the Rams were looking for a potential starting running back, would you be excited about adding a kid who was the 3rd string back on a team and only averaged 3.9 yards per carry during his career. And available during a deep RB draft class? Sorry, but I would not. And apparently, neither are the Rams.
Of course i would if i thought i could get that guy who's buried on a depth chart or fallen out of favor for whatever reason somewhere else for a small price tag.

You believe that Stacy has no value and have pegged his numbers, depth status and claiming fans are overrating players to support that. His numbers were pretty solid in 2013.
I believe he does have some value, albeit low, which i stated earlier.

We disagree, but i enjoyed seeing your smug and raising you more smug, Memphis.
George Karl...the King of Smugface
th

Memphis Ram

Legend
Some teams have a deeper depth chart then others. Some coaches prefer one guy over the other guy at a given position even if there isn't much of a talent gap.

Of course i would if i thought i could get that guy who's buried on a depth chart or fallen out of favor for whatever reason somewhere else for a small price tag.

You believe that Stacy has no value and have pegged his numbers, depth status and claiming fans are overrating players to support that. His numbers were pretty solid in 2013.
I believe he does have some value, albeit low, which i stated earlier.

We disagree, but i enjoyed seeing your smug and raising you more smug, Memphis.
George Karl...the King of Smugface
th

OK. But, I never said or do I believe that Stacy has no value.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Well, first of all, you are rounding up to 4.0 when 3.9 is already a rounded up figure for Stacy
You're talking about 3.6 inches. Come on...give me a break. Lol.
3.5/carry is what i would consider a run of the mill ho hum average per rush.
(3.9)4.0 is good. Stacy was right there as a starter...with 7 TD's to boot. Whatever dude. You act as though he's been a JAG. Every sports expert, talking head and yahoo fan wondered why he suddenly wasn't the guy after 2013. EVERYONE....but not you right? :LOL: