Stacy to ask for release/trade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm of the belief that the right move is to build a deep team where your backups have talent.

He's a 5th round draft pick going into his third season. I don't feel he's entitled to be treated any differently than any other player in that situation.

He has no perspective, and I think he'd find out very quickly that he'd be buried on most depth charts and that the Rams wouldn't get anything back for him in a trade.

He's not gonna be buried on the depth chart, he'll be released if we don't trade him. There's just no room for him on the depth chart. Who do you cut for him. His ST value is extremely limited and we already have a stud ST running back.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I'd be surprised if we weren't calls regarding Mason or Stacy.
There are still some good backs available, but a later round pick for either of those guys could help us move up to feel more holes.

So we are feeling holes now hahahaha

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Steven Jackson was a great player but not a superstar. His inability to stay healthy, poor vision, and lack of pad level to push a pile in short yardage kept him from being such. I loved Steven Jackson but he was not a superstar.
I agree. Now which rug are you gonna hide under? I'll take the closet.
Duck!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I can't believe no one has posted this in this thread yet:

well...+...bye.jpg

MrMotes

Starter
I don't see it. Backup RBs without breakaway speed are a dime a dozen. I don't think they'd even get a 7th.

He was clearly the RB3 on this roster before Gurley.

Totally agree, guys like Stacy come and go, can't imagine he has much if any trade value. Hell, isn't SJax available?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Steven Jackson was a great player but not a superstar. His inability to stay healthy, poor vision, and lack of pad level to push a pile in short yardage kept him from being such. I loved Steven Jackson but he was not a superstar.
This is a giant pile of nonsense. Everyone is aware that he was surrounded by literally the worst teams in NFL history, right? Poor vision??? Oh I'm sorry, he must have not seen all the gaping holes that the Oline opened up for him. Jeez man, that is ludicrous. You don't get over 11,000 yards by having poor vision and not staying healthy. He missed what, 8 games total in his career? Holy moly.

WestCoastRam

Legend
This is a giant pile of nonsense. Everyone is aware that he was surrounded by literally the worst teams in NFL history, right? Poor vision??? Oh I'm sorry, he must have not seen all the gaping holes that the Oline opened up for him. Jeez man, that is ludicrous. You don't get over 11,000 yards by having poor vision and not staying healthy. He missed what, 8 games total in his career? Holy moly.

We'll probably just disagree. I loved SJ but I saw what I saw. In fact, his best season was one where he played with his best pad level and that's 2006. I think Davis as his backup had a lot to do with it. But yeah, SJ had poor vision and often missed cutbacks and holes, slamming it into the line or what was supposed to be his designated hole.

iced

We'll probably just disagree. I loved SJ but I saw what I saw. In fact, his best season was one where he played with his best pad level and that's 2006. I think Davis as his backup had a lot to do with it. But yeah, SJ had poor vision and often missed cutbacks and holes, slamming it into the line or what was supposed to be his designated hole.

2006 was also the last time SJ had Bulger healthy or the o-line...the following season the line's backups' backups were injured

WestCoastRam

Legend
Very true but SJ's running style also reverted the following season. His blocking continued to get better though!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Very true but SJ's running style also reverted the following season. His blocking continued to get better though!
We will definetely have to agree to disagree. Because there's too much I want to rebuttal. But we could save that conversation for a different day.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Toddy Gurely, Tre Mason, Benny Cunningham >>>> Tre Mason, Benny Cunningham, Zac Stacy.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Maybe we can package Stacy, Pead, and Watts for a trade. Kinda like when you go to the store and they're offering a bundle of years old xbox games together for 9 dollars.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Exactly how did Caplan get this information? Immediately after the pick?

I get that Stacy could feel that way, but again... Stacy informs Caplan?
Maybe Caplan had a brite idea after hearing the pick and called Stacy!?!