Stacy to ask for release/trade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
You're talking about 3.6 inches. Come on...give me a break. Lol.
3.5/carry is what i would consider a run of the mill ho hum average per rush.
(3.9)4.0 is good. Stacy was right there as a starter...with 7 TD's to boot. Whatever dude. You act as though he's been a JAG. Every sports expert, talking head and yahoo fan wondered why he suddenly wasn't the guy after 2013. EVERYONE....but not you right? :LOL:

And I guess the Rams. An actual NFL football organization (with more info than the sports experts, talking heads, & yahoo fans) who took Tre Mason last year and Todd Gurley this year with Zac Stacy already on the roster.

michael-jordan-lol.gif

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It's obvious he's just going to sit in the bench next season, why stay?
Why ?

With a Gurley as your #1 RB the other RB's will get as much time as they got in 2014. It will be like Gurley was never drafted.

It would help if the Rams had the UGA OL.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
And the Rams (an actual NFL football organization with more info than the sports experts, talking heads, & yahoo fans) who took Tre Mason last year and Todd Gurley this year with Zac Stacy already on the roster.

michael-jordan-lol.gif
Because the Rams believe that Todd Gurley is better than Zac Stacy which doesn't lower Stacy's value on other teams.
th

Memphis Ram

Legend
Because the Rams believe that Todd Gurley is better than Zac Stacy which doesn't lower Stacy's value on other teams.
th

AND Tre Mason who outperformed him, too. I wonder how many more there are out there that could do the same?

Tom-Hanks-Waves-Hello-Reaction-Gif.gif

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
AND Tre Mason (who you conveniently left out) who outperformed him, too. I wonder how many more there are out there that could do the same.

No go ahead, put Mason, Cunningham, Watts in there too. You seem to believe that just because the Rams are upgrading the RB position(Pead>Stacy>Mason>Gurley), that it somehow means that our backup RB's are being devalued elsewhere for other teams. That's simply faulty logic.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm of the belief that the right move is to build a deep team where your backups have talent.

He's a 5th round draft pick going into his third season. I don't feel he's entitled to be treated any differently than any other player in that situation.

He has no perspective, and I think he'd find out very quickly that he'd be buried on most depth charts and that the Rams wouldn't get anything back for him in a trade.
I just don't know... a hunch... he might do better out in the market than you think... we'll see.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Who's Zac Stacy?

LOL. LMAO!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::party::banana::banana::banana::banana::snicker::snicker::snicker::snicker::snicker:

Memphis Ram

Legend
No go ahead, put Mason, Cunningham, Watts in there too. You seem to believe that just because the Rams are upgrading the RB position(Pead>Stacy>Mason>Gurley), that it somehow means that our backup RB's are being devalued elsewhere for other teams. That's simply faulty logic.

No. Just like I didn't say that Stacy has no value. I haven't said that that either. Geez.o_O

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I just don't know... a hunch... he might do better out in the market than you think... we'll see.
I don't see it. Backup RBs without breakaway speed are a dime a dozen. I don't think they'd even get a 7th.

He was clearly the RB3 on this roster before Gurley.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Some teams that come to mind that have needs at RB:

Oakland
Arizona
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Atlanta
Dallas

Are these teams not looking at Zac Stacy simply because the Rams have since drafted Tre Mason and Todd Gurley? It must be, because when you look at Stacy's numbers as a starter in 2013 that's pretty good production for a 3rd string guy on a team without a QB.

Maybe those teams just don't want to part with a 5th rounder for Z.Stacy when they could all just draft Todd Gurley in the top 10 instead.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see it. Backup RBs without breakaway speed are a dime a dozen. I don't think they'd even get a 7th.

He was clearly the RB3 on this roster before Gurley.
I guess we'll see...

But Mojo's point resonates with me... saying he is RB3 on the Rams and, therefore, has little value, ASSUMES all rosters are static.

Of course, I know you don't think that.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I guess we'll see...

But Mojo's point resonates with me... saying he is RB3 on the Rams and, therefore, has little value, ASSUMES all rosters are static.

I'm not basing my opinion on that, I'm basing my opinion on him as a player in comparison with the RB talent around the league.

We've seen his ceiling. He's a 2-down grinder who has to work very hard for his yards and as a result has to be replaced on long drives. No breakaway speed.

He's just not special. Dime a dozen.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Who's Zac Stacy?

LOL. LMAO!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::party::banana::banana::banana::banana::snicker::snicker::snicker::snicker::snicker:
Currently a 4th string RB who just wants to play football and has shown that he can at this level.
Fuck it. I'll be your agent Zac! Call me. :coach:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yo Zac, I'm callin' Jerruh in Big D today. Right now. You cool wit dat?

"Hey Jerry, Mojo here...I got Zac Stacy sitting right next to me. He wants a chance to start for ya. We're not looking for premium compensation, just something reasonable."
AnimalHouse_094Pyxurz.jpg

"Who is this?"
th

"Uhhh...Mojo. Rams on Demand. Representing Zac Stacy."
th

"Oh Zac Stacy! Yeah. That's that promising young RB who disappeared last year. Went on to play in Canada or something....right?"
460x.jpg

"No he's still in the NFL Jerry. He's in St Louis. Wants to play for you. Whaddya say? A 2016 4th round pick?"
th

"Oh no no no. That's too much. Besides, we've got Darren McFadden as our starter now."
Jerry-Jones-Dallas-Cowboys.jpg

"Nah...McFadden will be hurt by the 2nd week of training camp Mr Jones. Everyone knows that. So Mr Jones. Howbout we stop fuckin around and you give us a 5th round pick this year and a conditional 7th next year...."
th

"I'll give you a 6th and a 7th next year. I don't like you. "
th

"Yeah ok so we got a deal?"
th

"I'll fax you the paperwork....and Howbout Dem Cowbo---"
th

[click]

"Asshole."
th

"Yo Zac!"
action+this+day.jpg

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
AND Tre Mason who outperformed him, too. I wonder how many more there are out there that could do the same?

I'd be surprised if we weren't calls regarding Mason or Stacy.
There are still some good backs available, but a later round pick for either of those guys could help us move up to feel more holes.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I guess we'll see...

I doubt anyone does. But, when you combine that with his average yards per carry, I'd say that there aren't too many teams that see him as a potential starer (original point which was missed).

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some teams that come to mind that have needs at RB:

Oakland
Arizona
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Atlanta
Dallas

Are these teams not looking at Zac Stacy simply because the Rams have since drafted Tre Mason and Todd Gurley? It must be, because when you look at Stacy's numbers as a starter in 2013 that's pretty good production for a 3rd string guy on a team without a QB.

Maybe those teams just don't want to part with a 5th rounder for Z.Stacy when they could all just draft Todd Gurley in the top 10 instead.

Or maybe they'd rather just wait for the Rams to release him if no one wants to offer more than a 6th for him. He was already riding the pine with Mason as the starter,Benny as 3rd down, Pead on IR, and Watts on ST... stacy doesn't have any ST Value

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think NE, Dallas and ATL would agree. just to name a few.
Depth is important, as we all know. Or should know anyway.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yo Zac, I'm callin' Jerruh in Big D today. Right now. You cool wit dat?

"Hey Jerry, Mojo here...I got Zac Stacy sitting right next to me. He wants a chance to start for ya. We're not looking for premium compensation, just something reasonable."
AnimalHouse_094Pyxurz.jpg

"Who is this?"
th

"Uhhh...Mojo. Rams on Demand. Representing Zac Stacy."
th

"Oh Zac Stacy! Yeah. That's that promising young RB who disappeared last year. Went on to play in Canada or something....right?"
460x.jpg

"No he's still in the NFL Jerry. He's in St Louis. Wants to play for you. Whaddya say? A 2016 4th round pick?"
th

"Oh no no no. That's too much. Besides, we've got Darren McFadden as our starter now."
Jerry-Jones-Dallas-Cowboys.jpg

"Nah...McFadden will be hurt by the 2nd week of training camp Mr Jones. Everyone knows that. So Mr Jones. Howbout we stop freakin around and you give us a 5th round pick this year and a conditional 7th next year...."
th

"I'll give you a 6th and a 7th next year. I don't like you. "
th

"Yeah ok so we got a deal?"
th

"I'll fax you the paperwork....and Howbout Dem Cowbo---"
th

[click]

"arsehole."
th

"Yo Zac!"
action+this+day.jpg
lmao.
I think Zac needs a new agent.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Great, now we get to see our RB's leaving after this horrible first round pick. This is just one of the many consequences of drafting a position the Rams did not need. A year ago you guys we in love with Stacy now its screw you Stacy. Nice, what do you expect? For him to sit on the bench? It's his lively hood people for what maybe 4-5 years if lucky?

Look bud speak for yourself. I said many times last year Stacy was riding the pine because of durability and fumble issues. Benny is good but has same hands issue. Where everyone thinks Stacy /Benny was a outstanding duo was beyond me. They were mediocre and SLIGHTLY better then what we had before and slightly worse the a very old sjax.

If we are going to win in this division we needed an above average due of rbs. We have a chance at above avg to elite now.

Weather anyone wants to believe it or not it was a position we needed to upgrade period. And there was not an oline worthy of the 10 spot and gurly was by and large an upgrade to a position that needed upgraded and BPA which make it weather you like it or not a smart pick

WestCoastRam

Legend
That means squat. The Rams had Steven Jackson and they never won a super bowl with him.

Steven Jackson was a great player but not a superstar. His inability to stay healthy, poor vision, and lack of pad level to push a pile in short yardage kept him from being such. I loved Steven Jackson but he was not a superstar.