Stacy to ask for release/trade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
He has the ability to play still, this pick has rendered him irrelevant to the Rams plans. Good for him, go somewhere where you have a better chance to play than sitting behind 3 other guys who'll get all the significant touches.

It's a business, but people tend to forget that works both ways. They seem to think that the player just has to take it and grin. He is well within his right to take his abilities elsewhere to a place he thinks can use him just as any person is within his right to leave his job for another that he thinks better suits him.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Peterson has been requesting/demanding a trade from the viqueens... how's that working out for him?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Peterson has been requesting/demanding a trade from the viqueens... how's that working out for him?
To be fair, AP's situation is vastly different from Stacy.

He's young, got a lot in the tank and isn't far removed from a good season.

AP is old, got people wondering how he survived his ACL tearing, and isn't far removed from a PR nightmare of a legal battle.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
To be fair, AP's situation is vastly different from Stacy.

He's young, got a lot in the tank and isn't far removed from a good season.

AP is old, got people wondering how he survived his ACL tearing, and isn't far removed from a PR nightmare of a legal battle.

I agree that there's no comparing the HOF worthy Peterson to Zac.

Point is... The team will decide, not the player.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I agree that there's no comparing the HOF worthy Peterson to Zac.

Point is... The team will decide, not the player.
Exactly. I'm just saying, Stacy probably has a better chance given a trade for him won't cause the receiving team to get destroyed by the media, it's fanbase and every other person/group that has staked a claim in the Peterson drama.

iced

Zac Stacy - RB - Rams
Appearing on NFL Draft Kickoff, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported the Rams would be "more than happy" to honor Zac Stacy's trade request.

lol wonder if he's been in the dog house?

Ram65

Legend
Couldn't resist posting here as my first post.

1. I don't blame Stacy for wanting out. Seems like the smart thing to do.
2. IIRC he got in Fishers doghouse for coming to last year's camp out of football shape.
3. That 3.9 YPC average was good considering it was playing with that Rams team.
4. You never know what other teams will value him at until you ask.
5. Mojo I think Dallas would be a great spot for him. Keep talking to Jerry.
6. Teams would give him a chance if cut. Maybe a team would give up a 6th or 7th rounder. Could be worth holding on to him till well into camp. An injury here and there at RB and Zac has more value.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Steven Jackson was a great player but not a superstar. His inability to stay healthy, poor vision, and lack of pad level to push a pile in short yardage kept him from being such. I loved Steven Jackson but he was not a superstar.
You DO know who the all time Rams rusher is, right?

Oh, and that was accomplished on some of the worst Rams teams and Olines in franchise history.

Just my opinion, but I call that a superstar.

The record of a team while a player is there seems to have an impact on how they are percieved.

Like I said, all time leading rusher... that means he eclipsed the likes of Dickerson, Faulk, McCutheon, Bass...

WestCoastRam

Legend

Oh, and that was accomplished on some of the worst Rams teams and Olines in franchise history.

The record of a team while a player is there seems to have an impact on how they are percieved.

Like I said, all time leading rusher... that means he eclipsed the likes of Dickerson, Faulk, McCutheon, Bass...

I do. I also know that how long SJ played for us, I also know what kind of offense he played in, I also know that SJ had 2 more years than Faulk on the team, 3 more years than Dickerson and 2 more games a season to rush in than past rushers from the 70s. I'm not saying that that shouldn't be taken into account but it doesn't make him a superstar. Guys, all I'm doing is taking the sum total of his work, looking at everything, and sharing my judgment. Muh baaad!!!

If the Rams kept ME on the team long enough, I could be the all time rusher. ;) I joke. I'm not dismissing SJ as a very good player (when healthy) but he's not a superstar. Faulk was a superstar, AP is a superstar, Shaun Alexander was a superstar, Sanders was a superstar, Tomlinson was a superstar. Some of the guys who played way earlier were superstars but harder to judge with different schedules and different offenses back then.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
With all this talk of YPA, let's not forget that pass pro is what can make the diff between an RB playing on Sunday and not as Tre Mason found out.

Stacy is a solid if unspectacular runner who understands pass pro which means he won't get the QB killed on play action.

No rookie stepson day one and rocks pass pro and in this QB driven league, it's how teams negate rookie RBs. Blitz on passing downs and force the rookie to block and take away the viability of the play action pass.

Stacy isn't the be all and end all, but he can play in this league. 1000 yds behind our OL is nothing to sneeze at no matter who did it.

By the way, I LOVE that the first thing that Gurley said he needed to work on is his pass pro. He seems very plugged into ehat he'll need to do to transition to the pro game.

MrMotes

Starter

Funny how every team SJax plays on is terrible, even if they were good before he got there. Maybe not his fault, but he sure isn't carrying anyone on his shoulders.

Was wondering if anyone keeps track of RB W/L percentages and found this:

http://www.footballperspective.com/steven-jackson-and-running-back-records/

Our man Lawrence McCutcheon tops the list while SJ is holding up the rear at 2nd to last. Then again O.J. is just a couple above SJ...

Last edited:

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie

He played nearly twice as long for the Rams and had almost 1000 more carries. The only thing he eclipses anyone at is longevity.

During Jackson's era were their other players around the league that could have done for the Rams what SJ was doing? IMO the answer is yes because he wasn't a superstar. He was above average and sometimes really good.

During Faulks and Dickersons era's were their guys around the league that could do what they were doing for the Rams? IMO the answer is no because they actually we're superstars. They we're miles above everyone else.

20 years from now SJ will be remembered by us and a few sports fanatics. Faulk and Dickerson will still be household names.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
We also have Barksdale and Blalock as fall back options.
So the Rams would have the same terrible OL as last year. Barksdale and Blalock are nothing but hole fillers who should be backups and not starters.

MrMotes

Starter
And Zac gets his wish, a 5th round pick who out performed expectations garners a 7...