Stacy to ask for release/trade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TXRams86

The Infamous
by drafting Gurley, i'm assuming Snisher knew this could be a possibility.
i'd hate to lose a player but it is what it is.
maybe we can get something for him from a RB needy team, like the Cowgirls.
Jerruh may just be stupid enough to offer us something good.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Stacy is a nifty runner, nice pad level, good balance, decent acceleration, good feet, good vision and very good in pass pro.

I don't see him as a throw away player at all.

Why he's in this spot, I have no idea, but he's no Daryl Richardson where his shelf life is limited. He can play in this league and may just need a fresh start.

Would a team like a rookie or a young guy who's already run for basically 1k as a rookie who already understands how to pass pro as a professional RB.

He may not be worth a 3rd, but for teams that have a lot of picks that need guys to stick, Stacy could be a nice 3rd day option.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Because it's his job? How many players ride the bench? Most of them. What makes Zac so special that he can demand anything? I understand if he's clearly a starter and he wants to start. But he's not a clear starter anywhere.

nearly a 1000 yards in his rookie year suggests he's good to start in this league...

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Stacy is a nifty runner, nice pad level, good balance, decent acceleration, good feet, good vision and very good in pass pro.

I don't see him as a throw away player at all.

Why he's in this spot, I have no idea, but he's no Daryl Richardson where his shelf life is limited. He can play in this league and may just need a fresh start.

Would a team like a rookie or a young guy who's already run for basically 1k as a rookie who already understands how to pass pro as a professional RB.

He may not be worth a 3rd, but for teams that have a lot of picks that need guys to stick, Stacy could be a nice 3rd day option.

Absolutely agree here. He's probably available for a 5th, which in my mind would be a great trade for a team needing a RB.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I don't blame Stacy for this at all. As it stands, he's fourth behind Gurley, Mason and Cunningham.

I'd like to think that Mason will get his fair share of carries (I'll admit that I'm not sure what that view is based on if I'm honest - just my hunch) and Cunningham is a good 3rd down back and has special teams value. Stacy can see the writing on the wall and simply wants to go elsewhere so he can play some football in the NFL which is, after all, what he's spent most of his life building towards. If he'd done this last season then I'd agree it would be premature on his part but I don't think it is now

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If he doesn't want to stay and compete then goodbye and good luck. Nothing gets handed too anyone in the NFL.
I don't hear Watts the guy behind Stacy popping off.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think the best we might get is a player for player swap at the end of the draft or afterwards. Remember Wayne Hunter for Jason Smith?

Not many teams will be in need of a runner after this draft though. Maybe Jacksonville? Dallas? Jets?

Otherwise, we'd be lucky to get a 2016 7th rounder.

Last edited:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
If I was Stacy after saving the Rams in 2013 from total humiliation to being unceremoniously benched - a reason would be good, I'd be looking for a trade too. The Titans, Jaguars and the Texans could do with Stacy's services...

WestCoastRam

Legend
Mojo, I gotta say, that seems pretty generous. Maybe we can package Stacy with a pick to move up in the 4th or 5th round. At best, he's something to sweeten the pot in a trade. Otherwise, he's worth a super late pick in the 2016 draft and possibly only a conditional one at that.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Mojo, I gotta say, that seems pretty generous. Maybe we can package Stacy with a pick to move up in the 4th or 5th round. At best, he's something to sweeten the pot in a trade. Otherwise, he's worth a super late pick in the 2016 draft and possibly only a conditional one at that.
Perhaps, but alot of people including NFL GM's watched Stacy run roughshod over Seattle's defense that night on MNF. :)

Memphis Ram

Legend
A reporter who doesn't pay much attention to the Rams outside of relocation under values one our players? Where's my sarcasm font?

At the same time, this reporter got a chance to spend a draft day in the Rams war room and even called the Jake Long signing well before anyone else. So perhaps, he has some contacts.

Then again, he probably just saw that Stacy has only averaged 3.9 yards per carry, was 3rd string already, and thus isn't over valuing him like a Rams fan typically would.