So, Manziel anyone?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am in disbelief that people are saying yes. This would be the type of move that shows us exactly why the Rams are the Rams. And I don't mean the GSOT Rams. I mean the Rams that haven't seen a winning season in over a decade.

What do we have to lose ?the guys gonna be cheap and if he doesn't work out he won play. Coach fischer dont play, kwnny Britt used to be worse tHan johnny and suspended every year. I say he is better than what we have now and honestly can do enough to get wins . I say let's do it ! The guy wants to get out of Cleveland wouldn't you ?

This logic applies to any failed draft pick. Might as well sign them all. Is JaMarcus Russell still available? What do we have to lose?

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
My only response to the OP can only be...WHY?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I'm warming to the idea more I think about it. I still think he's a train wreck, it's more a lack of faith In Fisher and Sneed to pull the trigger on a legit 1st rd QB, Some shiny DT will be sitting there and boom he's a Ram. They knew the Bradford era was winding down and had the draft capital to select a starting QB and they shortsightedly passed.
And if they are able to draft one can they develop him or will he be like Foles and regress week by week.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I am in disbelief that people are saying yes. This would be the type of move that shows us exactly why the Rams are the Rams. And I don't mean the GSOT Rams. I mean the Rams that haven't seen a winning season in over a decade.

This logic applies to any failed draft pick. Might as well sign them all. Is JaMarcus Russell still available? What do we have to lose?
So what you want to do if the legit 1st rd. QB's are gone before the Rams pick? Hope for a really good year of Keenum gets then to 7-9 again? And you know if they they thought Mannion was the future he would've replaces Foles..
Sometimes you got to roll the dice.

tonyl711

Starter
the guy is a headcase, why would you want him in your locker room? nothing but problems and distractions from him, no way do i want him on the Rams.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nothing lathers up the faithful like a nice Johnny Manziel thread!!! :rolllaugh:

Manziel_Meme.png

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So what you want to do if the legit 1st rd. QB's are gone before the Rams pick? Hope for a really good year of Keenum gets then to 7-9 again? And you know if they they thought Mannion was the future he would've replaces Foles..
Sometimes you got to roll the dice.

Find a new team. Because they have every opportunity to trade up this year. If they choose to sit at 15 with their thumbs up their asses and watch all four of the QBs get picked, they don't care about winning.

You're right. You have to roll the dice. But not by picking up failed first round picks of other teams...especially a failed first round pick with substance abuse problems. You roll the dice in the draft. And you do what it takes to get your guy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're right. I am desperate. Haha! But after witnessing 12 years of not making the playoffs I think I deserve a pass, don't you? You know, as a fan.

Good. Let's be desperate to get a REAL solution. A talented QB in the draft. Not a drunk whose career passer rating is lower than Keenum's.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Find a new team. Because they have every opportunity to trade up this year. If they choose to sit at 15 with their thumbs up their asses and watch all four of the QBs get picked, they don't care about winning.

You're right. You have to roll the dice. But not by picking up failed first round picks of other teams...especially a failed first round pick with substance abuse problems. You roll the dice in the draft. And you do what it takes to get your guy.
I'm thinking those thumbs are a very good fit, they've been inserted for years when it comes to QB's.
The point is if they aren't committed to moving up then Manziel is as good of a option as they are likely to find.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm thinking those thumbs are a very good fit, they've been inserted for years when it comes to QB's.
The point is if they aren't committed to moving up then Manziel is as good of a option as they are likely to find.

Nah. I'd take RGIII long before I took Manziel. And I'd take Chase Daniel over both. Hell, give me back Bradford long before Manziel.

WoodsideRam

Rookie
Good. Let's be desperate to get a REAL solution. A talented QB in the draft. Not a drunk whose career passer rating is lower than Keenum's.

Hey, l know how people feel about Johnny. And I do get it. He's a head case. But, correct me if I'm wrong, has he been suspended by the league? I know the team suspended him but not sure about the league. Too lazy to check. People would take a chance on Josh Gordon but not Johnny? Really? Now does Johnny have issues? Oh, yes. The big one being alcohol. Among other things. But I'd be willing to roll the dice as they say. Maybe Fisher can reach this kid. I don't know. Personally, I'm not really invested if he comes here or not. Just answering the thread's main question. Put me down for "yay". Maybe he matures. I'm not really patient enough to wait on some kid in the draft. I guess we'll see. I have no choice either way.