So, Manziel anyone?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You cut that statement a bit short. I think what you mean is, "He can play...worse than Josh McCown."

Manziel hasn't played well on the field and has been a complete headache off of it. I'm desperate for a QB...but I'm desperate for the right QB. Johnny can go party in Texas.

Absofuckinglutely right Jrry. I don't want him for 2 dollars and a bag of peanuts.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Manziel is finished
He's the Michael Sam of NFL QB's
He needs to learn to dance and keep the fuck outta Texas

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
You cut that statement a bit short. I think what you mean is, "He can play...worse than Josh McCown."

Manziel hasn't played well on the field and has been a complete headache off of it. I'm desperate for a QB...but I'm desperate for the right QB. Johnny can go party in Texas.

QBR was 54.7 last season, Keenum was 47.7, Foles 30.0. I say bring him in on a cheap contract, draft some talent at WR and TE, let the 4 QB's have it out in training camp for the starters job. Rams need a QB.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He hasn't proved a whole lot on the field. Toss in the off-field stuff and the answer is "No."

Josh Gordon on the other hand....can play football.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
No doubt the Rams had draft interest, along with many other teams. That was then and this is now. It's probably;y safe to say that list of interest has shortened quite a bit.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
lol this can't be real life. I'll gladly take Rg3 first. He is better than keenum and foles but we should be looking for a franchise guy

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Do I want a guy who constantly embarrasses his franchise, I know it's the Browns, so that's hard to do? Do I want a guy that doesn't get it? Do I want a guy that can't keep from partying? Do I want a guy that likes to get into scraps with his girlfriend? Do I want a guy that hasn't even proven to be an average NFL starting QB?

Nah, I'll pass.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
QBR was 54.7 last season, Keenum was 47.7, Foles 30.0. I say bring him in on a cheap contract, draft some talent at WR and TE, let the 4 QB's have it out in training camp for the starters job. Rams need a QB.

The Rams need a good QB. Manziel isn't that. No reason to waste reps in training camp that should go to the talented rookie they bring in.

And QBR is a joke of a stat.

nighttrain

Legend
Nothing wrong with giving him a one year "prove it" deal that has a low base with incentives based on earning the job, games started, playoffs, etc.

That said, I have been one of his biggest defenders around here and find myself doubting whether even Fish can handle the guy. Again, though, for the right contract it's whatever because the Rams can cut him with the first misstep.
I concur !
train

TXRams86

The Infamous
If the Rams were still in St. Louis, I'd say eff it..give him a cheap one year deal with incentives built in.
But in LA? Hell no. That's a disaster waiting to happen.

But let's be honest...Jerruh is gonna get his hands on him.
He'll sell tickets and merchandise (even as a backup).
Wouldn't surprise me if there is a Manziel jersey in the Cowboys NFL shop already.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I say go for it.. While we're at it, lets fill an Olympic pool with gasoline and have a nice swim in it while smoking some cigars.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm sure they'll listen to offers between now and then. But no reason for them to drag things out with that tornado of PR destruction.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Perfect fitfor the cowgirls. That clown belongs in texas!

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
He. Doesn't. Want. It. He is a child.

Does anyone know those girls that jump from one abusive boyfriend to the next? Do any of them own NFL franchises?

Yeah. Not going to happen. Too many serious minded people that are invested in their teams. And too many other mediocre quarterbacks WILLING to put in the hard work.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm sure they'll listen to offers between now and then. But no reason for them to drag things out with that tornado of PR destruction.

I presume they've been trying to move him but no team is going to take on his contract. Teams will see him much differently on a short term prove it deal after he is cut though.