So, Manziel anyone?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I presume they've been trying to move him but no team is going to take on his contract. Teams will see him much differently on a short term prove it deal after he is cut though.

True. You trade for him and you're on the hook for whatever guaranteed money is in his deal that hasn't been paid out.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Just over 6 years ago I had an op to remove my soft palette and tonsils to stop me from snoring. I was in a great deal of pain and discomfort for about a week afterwards.

About 3.5 years ago I had a water infection which is unusual for a man of my age. In order to try to figure out what had caused it I had a camera slowly inserted into my bladder via the only possible orifice that allows that kind of access.

About 1 year ago I had a vasectomy.

I would rather go through all three procedures again than see Johnny Manziel in a Rams uniform.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pulled this from twitter "According to ESPN’s Ed Werder, Johnny Manziel has told people that the Cowboys, Rams, and Chiefs are all interested in him."

Actual tweet "Johnny Manziel has told people #Cowboys, #Rams, #Chiefs interested in him. Rams had draft interest, Chiefs have none. Thoughts, Jerry?"

How the fuck would he know who's interested in him? Unless there's some tampering going on. But purely on his character i say he's talking out of his arse.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Yeah let's have Johnny Football go wild in L.A. Pass!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sign with Dallas, please.

Let the Cowboys think Romo and Manziel round out their QB depth chart.

One less QB needy team in front of us.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Some of these Manziel memes are killin me lol...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
desperate times call for desperate measures....I'll kick the tires on anything breathing at this point...why not? For the right contract, he's worth a look... I still say the only QB that should be locked on the roster at this point is Mannion....and that's ONLY because it's his second year....

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Just over 6 years ago I had an op to remove my soft palette and tonsils to stop me from snoring. I was in a great deal of pain and discomfort for about a week afterwards.

About 3.5 years ago I had a water infection which is unusual for a man of my age. In order to try to figure out what had caused it I had a camera slowly inserted into my bladder via the only possible orifice that allows that kind of access.

About 1 year ago I had a vasectomy.

I would rather go through all three procedures again than see Johnny Manziel in a Rams uniform.

I would also take 100 kicks to the groin than have Johnny drunk on our team.

View: https://youtu.be/ltwJ9H7rpoM

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This whole article should have been posted with blue font. :)
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/2...anziel-los-angeles-rams-kiss-jeff-fishers-ass

Five Reasons Why Johnny Manziel Is Perfect For Los Angeles And the Rams
By Brandon Bate @NoPlanB_ on Feb 2, 2016

usa-today-8044437.0.jpg

In a total Cleveland Browns type move, they’ve announced they’ll release quarterback Johnny Manziel on March 9, when the new league year begins.

Their loss is the Los Angeles Rams’ gain. Here are five reasons why Johnny Football to L.A. makes all the sense in the world...

He’s Going Through the Big D and Don’t Mean Dallas
Divorce. Poor Johnny Football. This guy played his heart out in college, only to be selected by the Browns. A place quarterbacks go to be really bad quarterbacks. He was really never given a chance to succeed.

And do you know where really bad Browns’ quarterbacks go to be really bad backup quarterbacks. That’s right. Dallas, Texas. But not JFF. No sir!

On Tuesday, Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, when asked about either Texas team [Cowboys or Texans] would show interest in Manziel:

I'm not sure either of those teams is actually interested in Manziel, mainly because of his off-the-field behavior. If he cleans it up, I think they could be. But at this point, I would not expect interest from either of those teams for Manziel in his current state.

Your loss! And it’s not you Johnny, it’s Cleveland. They do not rock. That Drew Carey was full of shit!

But, luckily, the Rams - in need of an elite quarterback - are waiting in the wings. A reinvigorated team, in a new city, with a stellar head coach...it’s pretty much a match made in football heaven.

He Can "Throw the Football"
Prior to the 2014 NFL Draft, when Jeff Fisher was being honest with the world about Sam Bradford being their starting quarterback, the Rams - to include Les Snead - met with Manziel. They were impressed. Fisher would say "He can make all the plays, throw the football, and he's a great teammate." Boom! The guy can make all the plays. All of them. He can throw the football. That’s a plus! AND he’s a great teammate. What else could you ask for?

Night Life
After a long, hard-fought, game there’s nothing Johnny likes to do more than wind down by showering himself with a nice bottle of Dom Perignon, and kick it with celebrities. He’s not going to get that in Dallas is he? Of course he’s not. In Dallas he may bump into who...Mark Cuban, Dr. Phil, Kelly Clarkson, or Troy Aikman; who’ll never be half the QB Johnny is.

We’ve already seen what he’s capable of accomplishing in Las Vegas -- the Nation’s No. 1 spot for Nightlife, according to US News.com. But Vegas doesn’t have a football team, nor will they. And that was kind of like last week anyway, you know?

Scroll down that list a little further, and there she is: beautiful Los Angeles, weighing in at No. 6.

L.A. boasts some of the most exclusive see-and-be-seen spots in the country. The "scene" is fiercely competitive for patrons as well as bar owners. Venues open and close here at a speed that only the fast and fashionable can follow.

Scroll a bit further and you’ll find Dallas. Oh wait, no you won’t. Because Dallas is boring. And Johnny Football doesn’t do boring.

About Those Celebrities...
Manziel doesn’t party with just anybody. Elite quarterbacks keep elite company. You’ve seen JFF partying with Drake, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Justin Bieber, some really old dude named Tyrese, Rick Ross, amongst other notable names. You’re only getting that in Cali.

Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus both have three houses in California. So does Rihanna. As does Charlize Theron. A simple trip to the grocery store for waffles could lead to a chance encounter with Tom Brady and Justin Timerlake.

None of the aforementioned have houses in Dallas. Why would they?

Money
Stan Kroenke may not strike you as the type of guy who’s out to make a few bucks, but I’d disagree. I suppose it’s debatable. But with Manziel in town, the Rams - as well as the local economy - will flourish.

Jersey sales will most certainly be there. While Nick Foles Color Rush unis are still awaiting your purchase, you’d be wise to get yourself a Manziel jersey while there are still some for the getting. Ticket sales would increase, as well. Perennial 7-9 seasons don’t keep asses in the seats, you know? Elite QB play elevates the players around them. Wins are inevitable.

It’s the boost to the local economy that makes signing Manziel almost philanthropic. Think of all the mouth fireworks stands that will flourish. There are so many pools in Los Angeles, but there aren’t near enough inflatables. And while almost everyone in Hollywood is dressed up as someone they’re not, costume shops would benefit from the boost in sales of Rams’ fans who idolize their new franchise QB.

I mean, just look at that freakin' smile...

---------
Johnny-Manziel.jpg

If the Rams get Manziel, let him loose
There is no way Fisher can contain the alcohol-fueled whirlwind that is Johnny Football. All the Browns did was try to control Johnny and look where that got them: Nowhere.

If the Rams gets Manziel, unleash the beast. Let him drink, smoke, etc., until his tiny heart (Judging by his height, weight, and tiny face, I imagine it’s the size of a pug’s heart) is content. Then, on Sunday, pop that sucker with two Alka-Seltzers and let him scramble around and throw the football. If it worked at Texas A&M, it is worth giving it a shot in LA.

What’s the worst that can happen? Johnny dies of a heart attack and the Rams finish 7-9? Those things are going to happen whether or not the Rams get Manziel. Fisher might as well take a risk and give him the ball. Boras and Groh can do the job of one man and conceive some sort of plan that Johnny will inevitably abandon and scramble for 15 yards until he throws a 50-yd touchdown.

Give the LA market what they want: Entertainment and a possible train wreck.
---------------------
johnny-manziel-wrecking-ball.gif

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
desperate times call for desperate measures....I'll kick the tires on anything breathing at this point...why not? For the right contract, he's worth a look... I still say the only QB that should be locked on the roster at this point is Mannion....and that's ONLY because it's his second year....

I have to agree. Can't imagine entering 2016 with only Foles, Keenum & Mannion and expecting much in the way of success. A cheap Manziel would make competion for a starting role very interesting, and if he's cut later, … so what ?

WoodsideRam

Rookie
I have to agree. Can't imagine entering 2016 with only Foles, Keenum & Mannion and expecting much in the way of success. A cheap Manziel would make competion for a starting role very interesting, and if he's cut later, … so what ?

I'm with you guys. This team is desperate. I thought he played decent down the stretch for Cleveland. And quite frankly, I'd like to see Seattle and San Francisco have to worry about defending a scrambling QB for a change. Especially if the read option is sprinkled in for a play or two. It would be nice to see another team's D ends crashing down to stop Gurley, only to see Manziel sneak out the back and go for 30. I would so enjoy seeing that. Why not roll the dice? If he messes up, can always cut him.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
What do we have to lose ?the guys gonna be cheap and if he doesn't work out he won play. Coach fischer dont play, kwnny Britt used to be worse tHan johnny and suspended every year. I say he is better than what we have now and honestly can do enough to get wins . I say let's do it ! The guy wants to get out of Cleveland wouldn't you ?

FrankenRam

Starter
Just reported on NFL network. Cleveland Browns will release Johnny Manziel at the start of the new league year.

Do you want him in horns?

If I were to let my STL cynicism get the best of me, I'd chuckle at the idea, and say 'Yes, please.'

But I wouldn't wish that on the rest of the players. For their sake, I'll say....'Not in this freakin' lifetime.'