So, Manziel anyone?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Sign with Dallas, please.

Let the Cowboys think Romo and Manziel round out their QB depth chart.

One less QB needy team in front of us.

I'd prefer to see him in SF myself. I want to see that dumpster fire get some more fuel tossed in it hahaha

:mrburnsevil:

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
So what you want to do if the legit 1st rd. QB's are gone before the Rams pick? Hope for a really good year of Keenum gets then to 7-9 again? And you know if they they thought Mannion was the future he would've replaces Foles..
Sometimes you got to roll the dice.
Not with a loser like Manziel

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
The only way I'd do it is to offer him a contract that offers absolutely zero guarantees, is performance based, and he understands that he can be cut for any reason at any time.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Merlin, your enthusiasm is great but you can't put out a guys highlight reels and let that be the whole story.

1) His lowlights this last season were pretty bad.
2) Even if he could play at the level you see in the highlights regularly, he's one mistake away from being suspended for many games or how about the fact that he doesn't even show up to the team's facility when he's supposed to be there.
3) Even if he's worth a chance, and everything he's done shows he's not, he takes up the space of another QB who then takes up coaches time and takes up reps. It's not always as simple as take a chance on a guy when you have a limited number of roster spots - especially at the most important position.

No need to read into my posting of those. Not all of us saw the games, figured it is helpful for some to see the highlights.

I already said I feel it is no big deal to add him on a low-cost incentive-heavy deal and let him compete. One screwup or if he doesn't win the job cut him. I am not hell bent on him coming to us and see him for what he is.

If any team has a coach who can mentor the kid it is the Rams. Not a big deal either way IMO, I find it funny how concerned some are with it. Even if they add him Fish would never let him act up. He'd be gone immediately. So it is really a low risk scenario.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, good idea. Let's put him CLOSER to Las Vegas.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Would I take Manziel?

I'd like to think there are more ways to say no to that than the Inuit have words for snow.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Would I take Manziel?

I'd like to think there are more ways to say no to that than the Inuit have words for snow.

So 51 ways.

We could collaborate on a song. Like 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover.

51 Way to Say NOOOOOOOO to Manziel.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I'd rather start Johhny Hekker at QB (al la Danny White) or sign TimTebow!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
We have a few back up QB's on the roster already, no need to add another.
image.png

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news...-Manziel/df6a9b4e-48e3-4095-9f77-3ed4f0c23e60
Statement from Cleveland Browns EVP of Football Operations Sashi Brown on Johnny Manziel

"We've been clear about expectations for our players on and off the field. Johnny's continual involvement in incidents that run counter to those expectations undermines the hard work of his teammates and the reputation of our organization. His status with our team will be addressed when permitted by league rules. We will have no further comment at this time."

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9271/johnny-manziel

ESPN Dallas considers it "hard to imagine" Johnny Manziel will end up with the Cowboys after he's released by the Browns.
Per reporter Todd Archer, "heads immediately shake" when Manziel's name is mentioned at Valley Ranch. Archer accurately points out that all the people who talked owner Jerry Jones out of Manziel at the 2014 Draft remain in place. The Cowboys badly need a viable backup, but will likely decide Manziel isn't worth the risk on the field or off of it. Feb 2 - 3:27 PM

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-cowb...-to-heat-up-even-if-parternship-no-sure-thing

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 56m56 minutes ago

In the Fort Worth police report, Colleen Crowley tells police that #Browns Manziel struck her several times and seemed to be on drugs

WKYC Channel 3 News ‏@wkyc 36m36 minutes ago

WFAA EXCLUSIVE: Manziel's ex claims QB threatened to kill her, himself http://on.wkyc.com/1UOSjaG via @wkyc

Rebecca Lopez ‏@rlopezwfaa 56m56 minutes ago Dallas, TX

EXCLUSIVE: Ex girlfriend claims Johnny Manziel threatened "Shut up or I'll kill us both" http://on.wfaa.com/20uFvxg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

if the rams signed him they could cash in and feature on the reality show "cops".

imagine a camera crew in a police helicopter as they serach for alcho to make sure he's alright. where's johnny? the suspense of it all.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Here comes Johnny (Football)... [GALLERY=media, 31]Cbdbccf515515ebc4dc7f90a7ffc01351bddf35c by BatteringRambo posted Feb 4, 2016 at 5:19 PM[/GALLERY]

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What a shame. Football should not be a priority at the moment for Johnny Football sadly.
giphy.gif

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/05/johnny-manziels-agent-dumps-him/

Johnny Manziel’s agent dumps him
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 5, 2016

Johnny Manziel’s agent has had enough.

In the wake of the latest allegations that Manziel abused his girlfriend, agent Erik Burkhardt released a statement this morning saying he will no longer represent Johnny Football.

“It is with deep regret that, after several emotional and very personal discussions with his family, his doctors, and my client himself, I have made the decision to terminate my professional relationship with Johnny Manziel,” Burkhardt said. “Though I will remain a friend and Johnny supporter, and he knows I have worked tirelessly to arrange a number of professional options for him to continue to pursue, it has become painfully obvious that his future rests solely in his own hands.

His family and I have gone to great lengths to outline the steps we feel he must take to get his life in order. Accountability is the foundation of any relationship, and without it the function of my work is counterproductive. I truly wish the best for Johnny and sincerely hope he can, and will, find the kind of peace and happiness he deserves.”

The Browns are expected to cut Manziel at the start of the league year on March 9, and Manziel is likely to clear waivers and become a free agent. At that point he’ll need an agent to help him navigate his options, although it seems unlikely at this point that many teams will have any interest. Manziel is increasingly becoming a player no one wants to touch.
---------
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/05/report-cowboys-dont-want-manziel/

Report: Cowboys don’t want Manziel
Posted by Mike Florio on February 5, 2016

Johnny Manziel could be getting the wake up call he needs.

At a time when many believe Manziel wants out of Cleveland so he can play for the Cowboys, WFAA in Dallas reports that the Cowboys don’t want him. Per the report, “a high-ranking Cowboys source says that Dallas is out on Manziel after the latest reports involving the quarterback and domestic violence allegations.” WFAA notes that the same high-ranking official previously expressed doubt that Manziel would be pursued.

The Browns will waive Manziel on March 9, and the Cowboys have the No. 4 spot on the pecking order for making waiver claims. The question now becomes whether a team below Dallas would squat on Manziel’s rookie contract. If he’s unclaimed, the question then becomes whether anyone will sign him as a free agent.

Earlier this week, Ed Werder of ESPN reported that Manziel has told people the Cowboys, Chiefs, and Rams are interested. But that was before the specific allegations of domestic violence arose, a dynamic that in the aftermath of the Ray Rice debacle is enough to make teams sour on any non-superstar.

Complicating matters for the Cowboys is the decision a year ago to take a flier on defensive end Greg Hardy in the aftermath of his own domestic violence issues. So even though owner Jerry Jones has made his feelings for Manziel previously known repeatedly, circumstances have changed enough to make the Cowboys not inclined to provide the 2012 Heisman winner with his next NFL home.
----------
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/04/johnny-manziel-tells-tmz-im-completely-stable/

Johnny Manziel tells TMZ: “I’m completely stable”
Posted by Darin Gantt on February 4, 2016

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptjmyme4otazytzkm2vjyzywmzjizdvmowy5zge5ogrj-e1445355327127.jpeg
AP

Soon-to-be-former-Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel might be clear of criminal charges from an incident involving his girlfriend in Texas, and he seems to know that there’s only so much it’s going to cost him.

In a bold step in damage control, Manziel went straight to TMZ, telling them the alleged incident with Colleen Crowley “didn’t happen,” and reports that he tried to harm her or himself weren’t true.

I’m completely stable,” he said. “I’m safe and secure.”

(In a related note, I’m not sure the reaction wouldn’t have been different if he had declared his sanity and stability to the Wall Street Journal or the New England Journal of Medicine, or even say PFT.)

They also report that Manziel said:”I have great things coming ahead, . . . “I know I’ve been having fun but I just need to get my body right. I’m 100% committed to playing football.”

That’s a reasonably strong indication that he knows someone’s ready to provide a soft landing when the Browns inevitably release him.

And with a certain owner close to his Texas home providing constant affirmation over the years, the notion that Manziel doesn’t think he needs to change shouldn’t be surprising.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 56m56 minutes ago

In the Fort Worth police report, Colleen Crowley tells police that #Browns Manziel struck her several times and seemed to be on drugs

WKYC Channel 3 News ‏@wkyc 36m36 minutes ago

WFAA EXCLUSIVE: Manziel's ex claims QB threatened to kill her, himself http://on.wkyc.com/1UOSjaG via @wkyc

Rebecca Lopez ‏@rlopezwfaa 56m56 minutes ago Dallas, TX

EXCLUSIVE: Ex girlfriend claims Johnny Manziel threatened "Shut up or I'll kill us both" http://on.wfaa.com/20uFvxg

These reports are an entire different thing than what he has reportedly done in the past. It's one thing to be a party boy that needs to grow up; I can deal with that and am willing to hope Fisher could handle him. But that behavior above is something I can not abide and I doubt teams are interested in him now. If true his career is probably over.

I'll admit it now: I was wrong about him.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Even his agent has given up on him. This isn't about football anymore. This guy needs help but until he accepts that fact, he's a lost cause.