So, Manziel anyone?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Well, I'm not sure how many people saw my post earlier in this thread, but after the latest issue he's had, I withdraw my opinion. I don't want him anywhere near here.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...says-johnny-manziels-girlfriend-is-a-problem/

Deion Sanders says Johnny Manziel’s girlfriend is a problem
Posted by Darin Gantt on February 5, 2016

461553749.jpg
Getty Images

For all the problems Cleveland-for-now quarterback Johnny Manziel has at the moment, one Hall of Famer thinks his girlfriend is near the top of the list.

Manziel was investigated but not charged after an incident with Colleen Crowley last week, and has refused his family’s efforts to check him into a rehab facility.

“Johnny’s in love,” NFL Network personality Deion Sanders told Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “And Johnny’s in love with something that’s crippling him right now. I understand it. And it upsets me that grownups don’t understand it. Because he feels as though this game don’t love him, the people in this game don’t love him, so the only thing that he associates with love is that thing that’s really inflicting a lot of pain on him and that’s his girlfriend.”

According to various reports, the two had broken up in December, but got into a violent altercation last weekend in Texas. One police report said Crowley told cops Manziel struck her several times. Manziel has denied that.

“I’m not saying she is the problem. I’m saying their relationship is inflammatory,” Sanders said. “His last two issues have been with her. Take away that and what you got?”

With all due respect to Sanders, take away the girlfriend and you have a player who has made trouble for himself for years. Blaming the girlfriend might be an easy tactic for players, and one that will resonate within the community of the locker room.

And like former teammate Michael Irvin, Sanders thinks Dallas would be good for Manziel, given owner Jerry Jones’ penchant for collecting troubled youth.

“Jerry could help Johnny,” Sanders said. “There’s so many different instances that this has happened, that Jerry has really helped guys. If it wasn’t for Jerry Jones, Dez Bryant probably wouldn’t be in the league. So this has Jerry written all over it, and he has the infrastructure to really help this kid.”

It’s clear that he needs it, whether Dallas is the place to get it or not.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Haha he went to tmz. That's all i need to know about him and the life he leads.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
“Johnny’s in love,” NFL Network personality Deion Sanders told Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “And Johnny’s in love with something that’s crippling him right now. I understand it. And it upsets me that grownups don’t understand it. Because he feels as though this game don’t love him, the people in this game don’t love him, so the only thing that he associates with love is that thing that’s really inflicting a lot of pain on him and that’s his girlfriend.”

Nice to see Deion point that out. It reminds me of one of the stories I read a while back where one of the Browns OL said that his girlfriend wasn't the right girl for him or something to that effect.

That said, he's a grown man and responsible for who he chooses to be with. A normal guy could probably explain that away, but Johnny has established such a bad rep that the story is going to have a lot more negative effect for him.

It's going to be interesting to watch and see if any team decides to give him a shot in camp.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Wow! It should be the final warning buzzer for any struggling NFL QB when Ryan Leaf says there's a similarity. Click the link below to watch video.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/05/ryan-leaf-sees-himself-in-manziel/

Ryan Leaf sees himself in Manziel
Posted by Zac Jackson on February 5, 2016

ryan-leaf.jpg
Getty Images

Former NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf told the Dan Patrick Show Friday that when he reads stories about Johnny Manziel, “I feel like I’m holding up a mirror. That’s how I behaved.”

Leaf said he didn’t develop substance abuse issues until his brief NFL career was over, but the No. 2 pick in the 1998 NFL Draft said he believes he relates to Manziel in that he didn’t understand that football could disappear so quickly.

“He says he’s fine and he’s been to treatments…when this happened, I thought it was a great thing,” Leaf said. “Imagine if I would have gone and got behavior counseling early in my career.

“You have to be out of football for a year. You have to get your stuff right because, though this is a great game and the NFL is an institution, it’s fleeting. It’s gone in a second.”

The recent news regarding Manziel, who’s expected to be cut by the Browns next month, has not been good. Manziel’s father said Friday that he’s worried for his son’s life.

Leaf told Patrick that his addiction to painkillers that led to his 2012 arrest “got bad enough that I was willing to walk into people’s homes and take their pills. The best thing that ever happened to me was being put in jail.”

After completing a chemical dependency program that was a required part of his parole, Leaf got out of prison in Dec. 2014. He’s now working for an addiction recovery company.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Johnny Manziel tells TMZ: “I’m completely stable”
Posted by Darin Gantt on February 4, 2016

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptjmyme4otazytzkm2vjyzywmzjizdvmowy5zge5ogrj-e1445355327127.jpeg
AP

I’m completely stable,” he said. “I’m safe and secure.”

Paging Dr. Marvin, Dr. Leo Marvin!

baby-steps.jpg

All joking aside, this kid needs help. Unfortunately, he will not seek any help until he realizes that he really needs help, that he can't "fix' these things on his own. Right now, he has charted a path to Rock Bottom. When he arrives there hopefully he'll seek the help he needs rather than grabbing a shovel and continuing to dig.

VilleDeal

UDFA
Paging Dr. Marvin, Dr. Leo Marvin!

baby-steps.jpg

All joking aside, this kid needs help. Unfortunately, he will not seek any help until he realizes that he really needs help, that he can't "fix' these things on his own. Right now, he has charted a path to Rock Bottom. When he arrives there hopefully he'll seek the help he needs rather than grabbing a shovel and continuing to dig.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Okay get this guy some help...absolutely. He seems to need to talk to someone. But if he strikes his girlfriend or any other woman again take his career away, kick his little butt and toss him in jail. He's a punk in my book. I have zero patience for men or little boys that violently lash out at women.

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Wow! It should be the final warning buzzer for any struggling NFL QB when Ryan Leaf says there's a similarity. Click the link below to watch video.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/05/ryan-leaf-sees-himself-in-manziel/

Ryan Leaf sees himself in Manziel
Posted by Zac Jackson on February 5, 2016

ryan-leaf.jpg
Getty Images

Former NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf told the Dan Patrick Show Friday that when he reads stories about Johnny Manziel, “I feel like I’m holding up a mirror. That’s how I behaved.”

Leaf said he didn’t develop substance abuse issues until his brief NFL career was over, but the No. 2 pick in the 1998 NFL Draft said he believes he relates to Manziel in that he didn’t understand that football could disappear so quickly.

“He says he’s fine and he’s been to treatments…when this happened, I thought it was a great thing,” Leaf said. “Imagine if I would have gone and got behavior counseling early in my career.

“You have to be out of football for a year. You have to get your stuff right because, though this is a great game and the NFL is an institution, it’s fleeting. It’s gone in a second.”

The recent news regarding Manziel, who’s expected to be cut by the Browns next month, has not been good. Manziel’s father said Friday that he’s worried for his son’s life.

Leaf told Patrick that his addiction to painkillers that led to his 2012 arrest “got bad enough that I was willing to walk into people’s homes and take their pills. The best thing that ever happened to me was being put in jail.”

After completing a chemical dependency program that was a required part of his parole, Leaf got out of prison in Dec. 2014. He’s now working for an addiction recovery company.
I made this exact comparison between the two in another thread...somewhere.
Immature, spoiled, reckless and selfish.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Blaming one's problems on another person (especially a spouse or girlfriend) is finest form of moral, intellectual, and spiritual bankruptcy.

It reminds me of the old story of domestic abuse.

"Why did you hit your wife?"

"Well, she didn't cook my steak the way I like it."

It doesn't make any sense because it's not the real reason. It never is.

Johnny Manziel is overwhelmed by life due to a combination of upbringing, lifestyle, enabling and biology. Until he gets that straight, every girlfriend, every person, every THING will - as Deion puts it - "inflict a lot of pain on him."

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
yeah...great idea..let's get him, rgme and josh "commissioner" gordon... holy crap batman!!
Like the Meatloaf once famously quipped, "Two outta three, ain't bad."

I'd certainly be more inclined to bring in RG3 than Manziel and that's even before the last month or two worth of JFF related fallout. Bob has shown that he can play football. Whether or not he can handle constructive criticism remains to be seen.

diggity

Rookie
The NFL should just dump this clown. He's shown nothing on the field, and taken millions of $$$$$ for it.
Plenty of Kids that would love the shot that he's thrown away!
GO RAMS!!!!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, I have been pretty supportive of this kid and had believed he was just doing what he could to get out of Cleveland.
On the subject nowadays??
Let's just say....
homer_simpson_gif-761.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well fortunately for JM it's just a misdemeanor, which means he will have an opportunity to get his life turned around. No team is gonna touch him this year though, and rightly so, given the sensitivity around domestic violence nowadays.

Ram210

UDFA
Just found this cool Rams fan page and signed up a couple of weeks ago. Great to communicate with other Rams fans, I hope to attend a game at the new stadium in a few years.

As far as Manziel goes, I live in San Antonio near Manziel's hometown of Kerrville, and the Rams should stay as far away as possible from "Johnny Football." He is not focused on football and just lives for himself. He just seeks out the next party and way to experience a self-indulgent lifestyle. If you live for pleasure, you will never find it. The habits that Johnny has developed will in fact lead to a life of destruction and disappointment. Johnny Manziel is NOT a happy young, man but rather a confused, empty, and indiscriminate one.

Its very sad that he has wasted his talent and potential income with his choices. Our Rams need a leader at the position of QB and right now Johnny Manziel can't even govern his own life. The Rams need to take a pass on Johnny Manziel. The LA Rams should go with Keenum, Foles, Mannion, and draft a young quarterback with their second number two or their third (e.g.-Connor Cook, Christian Hackenberg, or Dak Prescott).