Official Vent Thread: Rams at Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I can't help but feel what this team would look like with some combination of:

Wisniewski
Barksdale
Franklin
Iupati
Collins
Mathis

playing on the OLine.

I get that its hindsight, but the team knew where its deficiencies were coming into the season, and decided to throw inexperience at it.

I am probably way off base, but this O line is just not getting it done.

Iupati at LG instead of Brown? Nah thanks.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I can't help but feel what this team would look like with some combination of:

Wisniewski
Barksdale
Franklin
Iupati
Collins
Mathis

playing on the OLine.

I get that its hindsight, but the team knew where its deficiencies were coming into the season, and decided to throw inexperience at it.

I am probably way off base, but this O line is just not getting it done.

Who on that list is doing anything?

As bad as the passing game has been - don't we need to give the O line some credit for the running game?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm also a realist and it wouldn't surprise me if the Rams go 2-2 after the break when they should be at least 3-1 . Why lie . We've seen this act before .
Truth. I can't deny that

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Our pass blocking...ughh.

The signing of Nick Fairly pisses me off more every week. That move was like steeling from the poor, to give to the rich. We need better oline play.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Our pass blocking...ughh.

The signing of Nick Fairly pisses me off more every week. That move was like steeling from the poor, to give to the rich. We need better oline play.

Doesn't really piss me off but each week watching this poor excuse for an O Line makes me wonder why we didn't invest that capital in the O line. I know, I know, we drafted for the future etc but surely there was something we could have done.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I said it elsewhere.....but Gurley was the only weapon that really worked consistently. Two different 3rd downs I would have given him the ball..Best case he gets a first down, and most likely he makes it 5 yards closer for a more realilistic chance for Legatron...That INT after the 55 yard run makes me want to hurt someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3rd down and 7 yards on the 10 yard line..My God...with the way our Oline was pass blocking and the pressure that Foles was constantly under..LET GURLEY HAVE THE FREAKIN BALL..I was screaming at the Flat Screen when I saw Foles go back, and then INT.......I call both instances a Coaching failure, as if both would have been easier FG's, and MAYBE one of them a Gurley TD....We would have been within a score near the end of the game..FAILURE COACHING STAFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
You can stay on his train, I'm off. I've seen way too many easy balls bounce off his hands.
Have you?

Because he's had like what, 6 drops in 4 years?

Not exactly a trend. I get we're all mad, but some people are making something out of nothing.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
The Rams were in this game. At times they outplayed the Packers. I'm too excited about Gurley & the run game; T Austin and the fact that the defense was able to keep Rodgers and Green Bay in check to need to vent. A week off to hopefully get Long back and work on the problems with pass protection. Hey it's already a better season than the last one.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Have you?

Because he's had like what, 6 drops in 4 years?

Not exactly a trend. I get we're all mad, but some people are making something out of nothing.

He's only come down with a a couple of those jump balls in his career. The rest have been INT or imcomplete. I just can't forget Bradford throwing a perfect pass that he dropped in the endzone for a TD in the Carolina game. I also remember Bradford hitting him in the back of the head on a missed read. He just takes forever to pick up the finer details of the pro game. He's also not very physical with the ball in his hands either IMO. Him and Cook look like the real deal, but hardly ever perform up to the level you'd expect. Tired of underwhelming performances stacked together from these guys.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
What about the no cll pi on Quick! JJ gets called last week on a ? call and Quick was mauled but doesn't get the call! Hating on the refs again, I know but that could have been the spark to a win!

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Doesn't really pee pee me off but each week watching this poor excuse for an O Line makes me wonder why we didn't invest that capital in the O line. I know, I know, we drafted for the future etc but surely there was something we could have done.
We tried that with Long, Dahl, Saffold before - that didn't work either.

The line had a rough day today no doubt, but the play Colin didn't help. No short passing game and too few sweeps. Cigs just let them tee of on Foles all day.

There is a lot of blame to go around, but the on-line is catching too much of it.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
All of us have been so high on Aaron Donald. . . He had some alright plays today but also had a couple where he just looked gassed and gave up on his pursuit. I was pretty disappointed to see that.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
He's only come down with a a couple of those jump balls in his career. The rest have been INT or imcomplete. I just can't forget Bradford throwing a perfect pass that he dropped in the endzone for a TD in the Carolina game. I also remember Bradford hitting him in the back of the head on a missed read. He just takes forever to pick up the finer details of the pro game. He's also not very physical with the ball in his hands either IMO. Him and Cook look like the real deal, but hardly ever perform up to the level you'd expect. Tired of underwhelming performances stacked together from these guys.
Jump balls are called contested balls for a reason, they aren't exactly easy or gimmes. Nothing in the world has made it seem like they're a given.

Also he's come down with a bunch of jump balls, people just need to bate their anticipation, it sucks but that injury was major and took a giant dump on his development, but the guy was developing into a real threat, I'd be hard pressed to find anything I didn't like about what he did before he went down. Now he just needs to get back on the ball, which will take a while because lets be real.. That was a career ender normally, that's not something you just shrug off and come back with as if it never even happened.

There's a lot of problems with our team, but Quick is far from one yet.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I am all excited about this team! We are going to ROLL through some teams this season and we're going to the playoffs if we can get and stay healthy.

Now to my subject, Fisher.

Dude did almost everything he could to win this game. Man has MASSIVE balls. There were so many exciting things to talk about, the punt fake and Hekker are being overshadowed. That play, if it were supported by an offensive line and WRs not dropping balls, would have been considered the back breaker in a Rams W.

However, he didn't do ALL he could. Going for a 63 yard FG when we could have kept the game in hand with a TD and a shorter FG attempt latter? I didn't like it. I would have liked a fake attempt better.

:deadhorse: Five plays to TA? 5? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Why are we not using TA?!?!?!? 65 plays and five to TA?!?!?!

When TA has MORE than 5 touches this season Rams have won. When he has had 5, Rams have lost.

Foles is getting his ass DESTROYED and we have 2 passes to TA?! No using him as a dump pass release valve? What?! Against a dominating pass rush, TA should be available to Foles EVERY pass play.

But no, let's throw to Cook and watch him drop the ball. That makes SO MUCH sense! o_O

Cook did everything he could to drop that 3rd down conversion and had to trap the ball against his stomach. A feather tap from the defender and we get Cooked again. He is NOT playing like a starter or even a third stringer and SHOULD NEVER be counted on in a must catch play.

Also, I LOVE me some TA in case I haven't been clear, but a fight for the ball pass downfield with Quick and Britt in the game? You've GOT to be kidding me. YES, TA occasionally catches a nice deep ball when he can use his speed to get open but it fails far more than it succeeds. TA is a YAC guy. Learn who he is and get him the damn ball.

But damn that D Fisher built is one for the record books. We only had 2 sacks today because of Rodgers, but I STILL like the Mob Squad to break the sack record this season. We will be feasting on weak o-lines and bad QBs soon.

And with the 10th pick of the 2015 draft, Rams choose Todd Gurley. Rams fans lose minds. Somebody knew what he was doing.

OK Coach Fisher? Stop trusting your boy Cook, get TA the ball TEN or MORE times a game, FIX the o-line with every resource you have available, and you're going to win SB50.

I would sell off the entire 2016 draft to get a stout o-line if that's what it took. I would punch my grandma, me-maw, right in her face. Go get an o-line! Foles CAN NOT take this beating! :icare:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think it is time to try making someone else the go to guy. Cook has not been good and it has hurt us in the losses for sure.....especially against Pittsburgh, which was a very winnable game.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I think it is time to try making someone else the go to guy. Cook has not been good and it has hurt us in the losses for sure.....especially against Pittsburgh, which was a very winnable game.

We have him for clutch plays. His name is Bailey and he probably is as dependable as anyone in the NFL.

I would trade Cook right now for an above average o-lineman.