Official Vent Thread: Rams at Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
but right now Austin is our best WR followed by Bailey. They are the only two WRs I'd trust right now to make a play. Well, a positive play anyway.
I feel ya blue....I know what you want....what we all want...

Before I start going all pro football reference, why do YOU think Foles didn't target Tavon or Sted a bunch yesterday? What could be the reason?

In 2 passes that I SAW to Quick, not only was he open, but wide open....he dropped one...we still made the first down the next play..impact of drop? none.
Sted caught what, one pass? Maybe 2? Tavon caught 2 passes? Maybe 3? IDK about you, but we needed at least one wr to have a great game...we definitely needed our QB to have a good game...We had neither.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/2015.htm

Austin for the season...16 receptions for 144 yards...out of 25 targets....3 tds......5 games 70% of the plays or more....

Stedmon for the season....9 receptions for 161 yards....on 17 targets....1 td...5 games....

Our best wr? Really? I get that Foles doesn't know the system, but after watching those two bump into each other in the trips right, on third down..a simple mistake really, but it shows me that those two,still don't understand how to get open in the crucial moments...and Foles is suffering...Although some/most of it is his own doing...

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
He slowed down because teams start keying on him which should have opened up things for other players. Austin is our best weapon i wouldnt say receiver. Most of his production isnt in passing game. Our best receivers are Quick and Bailey. you see how they tried to get Quick involved early last game. I expect to see more Quick and Bailey and less Britt and Cook. That was Quicks firxt live action getting the ball probably was thinking of shoulder to much. But I do admit he has to step up big or he might not be back

They almost have to try to get him involved, simply because the investment is totally lost if nothing happens this year, and of course we desperately need somebody to flip the switch on the WRs.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I feel ya blue....I know what you want....what we all want...

Before I start going all pro football reference, why do YOU think Foles didn't target Tavon or Sted a bunch yesterday? What could be the reason?

In 2 passes that I SAW to Quick, not only was he open, but wide open....he dropped one...we still made the first down the next play..impact of drop? none.
Sted caught what, one pass? Maybe 2? Tavon caught 2 passes? Maybe 3? IDK about you, but we needed at least one wr to have a great game...we definitely needed our QB to have a good game...We had neither.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/2015.htm

Austin for the season...16 receptions for 144 yards...out of 25 targets....3 tds......5 games 70% of the plays or more....

Stedmon for the season....9 receptions for 161 yards....on 17 targets....1 td...5 games....

Our best wr? Really? I get that Foles doesn't know the system, but after watching those two bump into each other in the trips right, on third down..a simple mistake really, but it shows me that those two,still don't understand how to get open in the crucial moments...and Foles is suffering...Although some/most of it is his own doing...

I'm not saying Austin is exactly good at being a WR, just that he's the best weapon we have at that position and he's made some really good plays. I think right now unless Quick does something to build on his potential then yes Austin and Bailey are our best WRs. At a certain point we have to start judging these players on what they've done or what they're doing, not what we hoped they could do on draft day. Or we'll forever be searching for the playoffs.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This offense has two legit weapons and they're both getting the ball at or near the LOS.
439.gif

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
just that he's the best weapon we have at that position.....At a certain point we have to start judging these players on what they've done or what they're doing, not what we hoped they could do on draft day. Or we'll forever be searching for the playoffs.
I'm looking at these players always as what they're doing or have done....Potential is usually reserved in my book for 1st or 2nd year players...and they don't have to be rookies...just new to the system....
At this point, IMO, Sted is a better wr than Tavon...Just looking at numbers and what he's done...And Sted, IMO is far behind Britt & especially Quick...based on what they have done....
Wide receivers need to get open, make the tough catch, and stay on the field (no injuries). Tavon is more of a...gadget type player. Not really a normal skill-set. He doesn't line up across from the opponents top corner and demand the ball. Sted is very similar, with less speed but greater hands/body control. Still, he can't line up across from a #1 corner and just demand the ball. In their 3rd year, they both only see/catch about a ball or 2 a game. A game!?! The one game Britt was seriously targeted he came down with 6 balls I believe, over a hundred yards...Those are stats that you can win with...not 1 or 2 catches a game....It's the main reason we don't move the chains...The TE's are included in this too...

This all falls back, IMO, on the QB.....QB's, real ones, could make an average wr look very good....kinda like a guy we just had here....

RamzFanz

Damnit
They don't use him enough, for whatever reason. Maybe they don't think he can be that type of player? I would try him in the slot and he could be what Danny was for Sam.

Every recent game it seems they go Cook and then switch to Bailey. How many more before its permanent?

RamWoodie

Legend
You can't be upset with the effort...but I am upset with the coaching somewhat. That young OLine didn't fare well yesterday...Foles took a beating. Why they don't at least try to roll the guy out to move the pocket is beyond me.

Fisher upset me with the pitch to TA instead of running Gurley on that 3rd down play and he upset me going for the first long field goal...I'd rather he tried to pass the ball.

It's also time to send Jared Cook a message...I would start Harkey next game. Cook's hands are like two clubs right now...sit him down! Quick also had a critical drop but he seems to be ready to get back to form.

Why this team won't throw hitch routes to these big WRs...just boggles my mind too!

Great secondary play...you couldn't ask for more!

Take the bye week and then work with that OLine.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a shame, really. The defense really played great. They did the impossible--got two ints at Lambeau. They really held the Packers to 14 points. At Lambeau.

The Rams have a star running back and got their run game going to the tune of 159 yards.

But the Rams defense and the Rams offense could not overcome the absolute ineptitude that is the Rams passing attack. They gave up 7 points. They turned the ball over 4 times. They missed field goals.

Frustrating.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

In the end--the Rams offense can't beat their worst enemy--themselves.

I'm sick and tired of the Rams investing in this "development" model. Rookie contracts are four or five years. So if you wait around three years for a guy to develop, you just screwed the team out of possibly 75% of production of that draft choice before it's second contract time.

The problem isn't drafting.

Rams have tried to sign veterans to fix the oline: Brown, Wells, Joseph, Long. That didn't work out either. Rams then tried to inject youth into the line and so far that hasn't worked so far. No matter what they have tried they have just not been doing a good job.

Jake Matthews is getting it done in Atlanta while Grob is yet another project left tackle.

We run the ball on first down. We get some yards. We run the ball again. Then again until the opposing defense stop Gurley and his running spree. Now they usually stop us around the third time we run it. So? Why not throw it or do a PA? We run and run and run till it doesn't work then throw a couple of times. It also doesn't work and we end up punting.

What all this adds up in my mind is coaching.

Good teams find ways to win... bad teams find ways to lose.

Most of it is attitude... coaching... the Rams continue to find ways to lose..

If it's not failed execution... it penalties.. if it's not penalties, it's turnovers... if it's not turnovers, it's...

You get the idea.

The bingo card is a graphic representation of all the ways this teams "finds"... to lose.

And, to me, that's on the coaches.