Official Vent Thread: Rams at Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I agree except with Cignetti he tried some play action passes the oline just can't give foles enough time and the rare occasions he did he threw interceptions. I like Cignetti and this being his first year I think he is awesome. I would like us to get Tavon involved in the game a lot earlier though

I'm not saying I don't like Cignetti, I do But like GB did all you need is a 7-10 yard cross to a TE or slot reveiver out on some play action. You don't have to go for the home run every time.
We can't see if the WR's are open or not but you would think there would be some shorter crossing patterns that someone could get open.
The OL was an issue for sure though.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Maybe it is time for the Rams to sub in the OLT from Oklahoma, Williams is it? Would it be a wake up call for GRob if he loses his job to a rookie?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Nick Foles day. 11/30 with 4 interceptions, 1 TD and a 23.8 QBR.

We could have won this game with slightly below average QB play but you can't win with that.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Sums it up for me too.

I'll throw in that the Rams desperately need a great possession receiver that is reliable for 3rd down.........TE/ WR? Whichever they can get. Garrett/Saffold.....could anyone tell the difference?

Robinson's man blocked the FG.

I think Stedman Bailey is that guy if they'd give him more of an opportunity. The guy has made so many tough catches for this team.
I think we've got guys(like Steadman, maybe Britt) who can get you 10 yards. We need a legit vertical outside threat to compliment the Gurley/Tavon weapon in the short game. Tavon can make big plays but the defense is still able to completely focus on whats going on behind the LOS. I'd be willing to explore a blockbuster trade tbh.

Athos

Legend

We could have won this game with slightly below average QB play but you can't win with that.

You know you had an absolutely shitty game when KraponDick outperforms you against GB. Foles today was some of the worst QB-ing. If we wanted a 4 pick day with a pick 6, we coulda kept Davis on the cheap for that. Even a mediocre outing at QB wins this game.

Is Foles the answer? Hasn't shown in.

Keenum? No fucking clue, but at least he can move in the GD pocket, which may help our dumpster fire pass protection.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm sorry but at the professional level, having a ball go THROUGH your hands and hitting your chest or shoulder is just inexcusable. You're literally paid to just catch the ball. That happened three times today. Three. They should really look hard into making a run after Jeffrey. Cook should be cut or traded after the season. I'm also ok with Britt being cut too.

I didn't expect the Rams to win but it is extremely frustrating when the Rams beat themselves. The Packers didn't have a red zone possession until late in the 4th. Rams won time of possession. Gurley had over 100 yards. They forced three turnovers directly from Rogers. That sounds like a recipe for winning on the road. But they got in their own way today. 15 points were left off of the board through missed field goals and two trips in the red zone that ended in a turnover. More if they score a td or two. Add that to the pick six and that's an incredible turn on the scoreboard. Just so frustrating to watch these games because they have the talent to beat anyone but most of the times blow it.

And I hope everyone isn't expecting Cleveland to be an automatic win. They just went into Baltimore and won. If the Rams don't wake up they could very well lose to the Browns.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
opus-sigh1.jpg

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
And we love being the youngest team in football

So we shouldn't draft anyone this year?

Signing re-treads on big contracts has not worked out well for us. The "youngest team" thing is kind of self-perpetuating because everyone in the world ages at the same time, and every team gets (about) 7 picks a year.

I agree though, our offensive line picks must start playing better. Its early - but this organization hasn't earned the right to fans being patient with how their picks have developed because they don't have a great track record so far - so its disappointing.

As a realist - I will say this. I think we will win 4 of the next 5. We are going to be right in the playoff race this year. I think we might even win our division. I honestly do. I think our defense is that good. We just have to play without the dumbness on offense - just be competent, and we'll compete.

Irish

Starter
I can't help but feel what this team would look like with some combination of:

Wisniewski
Barksdale
Franklin
Iupati
Collins
Mathis

playing on the OLine.

I get that its hindsight, but the team knew where its deficiencies were coming into the season, and decided to throw inexperience at it.

I am probably way off base, but this O line is just not getting it done.

fancents86

Starter
I was pissed that my directv went out (surprise surprise) and wasn't able to record the game. Now I'm happy I didn't.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I can't help but feel what this team would look like with some combination of:

Wisniewski
Barksdale
Franklin
Iupati
Collins
Mathis

playing on the OLine.

I get that its hindsight, but the team knew where its deficiencies were coming into the season, and decided to throw inexperience at it.

I am probably way off base, but this O line is just not getting it done.

Whenever we did sign anyone like that they sucked and cost more money. None of those guys are setting the world alight either. I don't have a problem with drafting the o-line - rebuilding it that way. Of course there's going to be some judging of it in hindsight - there always is. But it comes down to whether they assessed the guys properly and did they pick the right players? That we won't know for a few years. Its too early to judge them.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
You know you had an absolutely crappy game when KraponDick outperforms you against GB. Foles today was some of the worst QB-ing. If we wanted a 4 pick day with a pick 6, we coulda kept Davis on the cheap for that. Even a mediocre outing at QB wins this game.

Is Foles the answer? Hasn't shown in.

Keenum? No freaking clue, but at least he can move in the GD pocket, which may help our dumpster fire pass protection.

Foles has had his moments, but this kind of feast or famine play doesn't fit the style of this team at all. I'd be ready to explore other options myself, but this regime is going to give Foles all of this season regardless of what he is doing with it.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
First real game back after a potentially career ending surgery
In another thread I'd back you up, but this is the vent thread. So the following is for *venting purposes only*, I'm tired of hearing the crap about "potentially career ending" with Quick. Obviously the injury wasn't career ending or he wouldn't be here. If he's suited up to play big boy football, either perform or GTFO. And if you don't want to blame Quick, then blame Fisher for stupidly putting a WR on the roster that's not game ready.

I'm sick and tired of the Rams investing in this "development" model. Rookie contracts are four or five years. So if you wait around three years for a guy to develop, you just screwed the team out of possibly 75% of production of that draft choice before it's second contract time. The best case scenario with these "development" picks is they are good for one year when they can now cash in on a fat contract that eats at the salary cap? And that's if they are good at all. No thanks, it's time for guys to be good from season 1, Donald and Gurley shouldn't have been the exceptions to the bazillion draft picks, instant production should have been the rule.

I know they were getting pressure but he has to get rid of it and when it isn't there, tuck it and take the sack
Why is take the sack the only answer? Slide away and scramble, even if it's just for a few yards. Maybe Foles can't get a 30 yard scamper, but he could easily get those 5-10 yarders like Rodgers used against the Rams defense all day.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

I still blame the o-line more than foles. He's played bad no doubt, but he was abused from beginning to the end.

Our line sucked more than a Thai hooker in a gangbang.

Last edited: